Lowering springs

I'm looking at buying a set of lowering springs for 2017 superb. Will be going with either eibach or H&R, question is I've been told same springs from a mk5 golf will fit a mk3 superb, is this true?

1 hour ago, Paul88 said:

I'm looking at buying a set of lowering springs for 2017 superb. Will be going with either eibach or H&R, question is I've been told same springs from a mk5 golf will fit a mk3 superb, is this true?

No, that is not true at all!!

The Superb mk3 shares the same springs as the Passat B8.

The mk5/6 Golf and Octavia mk2 share the same springs.

I put Eibach Prokit springs in my Superb.  Ride is still brilliant with the DCC shocks, and it looks much better.

243976351_superblatest.thumb.jpg.31d4101a61ff8cb5c68818726e5fb4ec.jpg

1600723797_superbspace01.thumb.jpg.eae28a8be38c94b8675ae14cf021cc7f.jpg

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

No, that is not true at all!!

The Superb mk3 shares the same springs as the Passat B8.

The mk5/6 Golf and Octavia mk2 share the same springs.

I put Eibach Prokit springs in my Superb.  Ride is still brilliant with the DCC shocks, and it looks much better.

243976351_superblatest.thumb.jpg.31d4101a61ff8cb5c68818726e5fb4ec.jpg

1600723797_superbspace01.thumb.jpg.eae28a8be38c94b8675ae14cf021cc7f.jpg

Thanks for that.. Didn't sound right that's why I posted on here. Your car is sitting nicely there, good to know it hasn't changed the ride as the superb is probably the most comfortable car iv ever had

• Like 1

I’ve always had H&R on my vehicles. Had some in an octavia prior to my sportline. Pic attached is the sportline. Ride is a bit firmer but on 19’s, however still comfortable. I run 18’with winters on and it feels just like any other car. Handles well but not crashy.. Not sure on ride quality on a non sportline. @Markbro will tell you about that as his is a non sportline with H&R 

6E95B5B4-3AA2-497A-B118-F4E50B09FEB5.jpeg

F000F43C-25E5-4555-B517-A9DD84CF8FC3.jpeg

F8218669-4F43-4FC9-A83F-D590D8C01352.jpeg

11 hours ago, Paul88 said:

Looks well on the h&rs, have a set of them ordered just have to wait for them to arrive now 😅

Good work mate you’ll not be disappointed, mine is on 12mm spacers tho too . 

Edited by Esseesse200

• 1 month later...

HI,

im after collecting car from a mechanic...

Car went for check cause while driving on roads with little holes..or roads where is missing a bit of tarmac, i can hear sounds from front suspension. mechanic told me that most parts looks good under the car, but the front two shocks are sweating? they look suspicious,they can give this sounds,and need to be replaced.

Now car have 120k km, its 2016  L&K version so with DCC,estate.

The new shocks cost a lot, but maybe is worth got them different make or spec,version that they last longer than from main dealer?

I had missed that thread and I am very close on going for springs. From looking at the two cars, the grey hatch on Eibachs seems to drop a bit less than the white estate on H&R, maybe 5mm less but I think it's noticeable.

Also, traditionally, owners who went with Eibachs reported a bit less drop than advertised, as opposed to ones who went for H&R (myself included) seemed to report a more noticeable drop. Given than I prefer a look closer to OEM the Eibachs seem to offer a result closer to the one I'm after this time so If I pull the trigger, it's those who I'll be going for.

Problem is the uprated arb fixed the handling so I have basically no real motivation to go for them apart from reducing that arch gap...

@szamoT1984

front DCC shocks were replaced at 43 and 48 kKM (left and right)
now another 40k Km has been done and i crossing fingers for warranty.

but if that will not be covered by warranty,
thinking about swap to one of these, i haven't seen jet another alternatives for DCC

1700€    KW GFw V2 INOX passend für SKODA Superb, (3T) with DCC
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KW-GFw-V2-INOX-passend-fur-SKODA-Superb-3T-mit-DCC-with-DCC/274263733952?hash=item3fdb6476c0:g:gGEAAOSwuCBeRENK

1800€    Bilstein B16 Car Damptronic Coilover Full Kit 49-255874
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bilstein-B16-Car-Damptronic-Coilover-Full-Kit-49-255874/253840584695

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartiniB said:

@szamoT1984

front DCC shocks were replaced at 43 and 48 kKM (left and right)
now another 40k Km has been done and i crossing fingers for warranty.

but if that will not be covered by warranty,
thinking about swap to one of these, i haven't seen jet another alternatives for DCC

1700€    KW GFw V2 INOX passend für SKODA Superb, (3T) with DCC
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KW-GFw-V2-INOX-passend-fur-SKODA-Superb-3T-mit-DCC-with-DCC/274263733952?hash=item3fdb6476c0:g:gGEAAOSwuCBeRENK

1800€    Bilstein B16 Car Damptronic Coilover Full Kit 49-255874
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bilstein-B16-Car-Damptronic-Coilover-Full-Kit-49-255874/253840584695

Nice find. Both these sets are DCC compatible as they come? I see the KW states so but the Bilstein too right? I remember I had seen a DCC compatible Bilstein Damptronic for a MK7 Golf R some time ago, I guess this is a variant of that.

45 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Both these sets are DCC compatible as they come?

have no idea, just saved info

another useful links:

£290    DCC cancellation kit
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/kw/kw-electronic-damping-cancellation-kit-volkswagen-golf-mk7/

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/458494-dcc-on-a-sportline/?do=findComment&comment=5159332

4000    Airlift Perfomance V2
https://www.drive2.ru/l/500212095892062783/

https://www.drive2.ru/l/501003469386154446/

9 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

Yeah I'm aware of the cancellation kit, but personally I wouldn't like to kill the DCC feature. That was the interesting thing about those two coilover sets you posted before, they retain the DCC but on with a firmer setup overall. And they are quality products too.

Otherwise, the cheapest option is to go for a DCC cancellation kit and a cheap set of coilovers (600-800EUR) and be done with it, but i doubt this is going to be the ideal setup for most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newbie69 said:

Yeah I'm aware of the cancellation kit, but personally I wouldn't like to kill the DCC feature. That was the interesting thing about those two coilover sets you posted before, they retain the DCC but on with a firmer setup overall. And they are quality products too.

Otherwise, the cheapest option is to go for a DCC cancellation kit and a cheap set of coilovers (600-800EUR) and be done with it, but i doubt this is going to be the ideal setup for most.

True. I need an adjustable setup for when I've got the 'van on the back. 

But I scoff at paying nearly 2 grand for it.

Edited by Bigeater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigeater said:

True. I need an adjustable setup for when I've got the 'van on the back. 

But I scoff at paying nearly 2 grand for it.

The good thing with BIlsteins and I suppose KW too is that they can be serviced (I think) so essentially you're paying big only once, then you just maintain them. As opposed to the stock shocks which could need replacing after 4-5 years according to some owners.

Edited by newbie69