Headlight issues DRL Facelift

Hello! im having some trouble regarding my Skoda Yeti 2015. I was mixing some with the OBD11 App and cant seem to get the DRL to run properly. Its like the car dosent even know they exist. Problem im having is. 

When it daytime and good weather the DRL should be turned on. But they are not. Nothing in the front is turned on and nothing in the back. 

Then when its a bit darker or another form of weather then the regular beam turn on by the light sensor. And at full dark everything turns on correctly. 

Could anyone help me with this problem? 

(Tried going backwards regarding settings and coding but it did not help.)

Thanks in advanced. 

It wouldn't surprise me if OBDeleven has messed something up, especially if you were trying to make any lighting tweaks.

Might be worth posting a full autoscan or a list of changes you've made assuming OBDeleven supports that?

1 hour ago, freedie said:

In my car(s) you can control the on/off of the DRLs using the maxidot preference settings.

I can double check but I think I tried that method and did not work. 

50 minutes ago, langers2k said:

It wouldn't surprise me if OBDeleven has messed something up, especially if you were trying to make any lighting tweaks.

Might be worth posting a full autoscan or a list of changes you've made assuming OBDeleven supports that?

Hmm, Wouldnt suprise me either direct. I have the history on it but even tho I go back and re change anything it dosent work. 😕

Screenshot-2020-03-29-11-51-55-904-com-vScreenshot-2020-03-29-11-51-40-774-com-vScreenshot-2020-03-29-11-51-35-441-com-v

Are you sure the very first bit is right? "Skoda Yeti with separate DRL" sounds like a pre-facelift model to me. On your '15 the DRLs are integrated into the main headlights - not separate.

14 hours ago, enor said:

Are you sure the very first bit is right? "Skoda Yeti with separate DRL" sounds like a pre-facelift model to me. On your '15 the DRLs are integrated into the main headlights - not separate.

Which one u recon it should be?

1 hour ago, Evoloan said:

Which one u recon it should be?

Did you change byte 18?

If you did, there is a good chance the original value was 00 which means that you're unlikely to restore the original lighting configuation with Carista OBDeleven. You'll need to find someone with VCP (not VCDS) or have a dealer use ODIS.

Might be worth contacting Carista OBDeleven to see if there are any logs to show exactly what you've changed...

Sounds like there might be a 'history' section somewhere in OBDeleven, if possible, you should get the text log and post it here: https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/97/history

edits:

Correct tool name

History section

Edited by langers2k

25 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Might be worth contacting Carista to see if there are any logs to show exactly what you've changed..

He's using OBD11 not Carista.
Carista is a menu system not going to long coding. less chance of cocking things up.

23 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

This thread seems to show a good example of not mucking around with things you don't understand!

That's why the Carista menu system with only a box to tick to make the change or untick to go back to how it was makes it foolproof, well for most anyway 😀

• Like 2

On 30/03/2020 at 17:08, enor said:

Some early models utilised the dipped beam to operate as DRL's. The term 'separate' refers to the DRL using a separate bulb to that of the dipped headlight bulb.

12 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Some early models utilised the dipped beam to operate as DRL's. The term 'separate' refers to the DRL using a separate bulb to that of the dipped headlight bulb.

On a Yeti? 
That has never been the case, they have always had a seperate bulb in a seperate unit.

By 'models' I meant the MkII Superb, as an example, I should have said 'other' models.

The coding descriptions are however the same across multiple models. The use of the word 'separate' is to distinguish between dipped headlights and dedicated DRL's.

Although in the UK all Yeti's came with the separate DRL's activated, it is still possible, using VCDS to change the DRL function to use the dipped headlight bulbs instead (or the front fog lights, as per the OP's possible issue), so it may be that different country's / regions of the world had different set-ups.

Another little interesting fact that some owners don't realise is that the headlight and fog light/DRL clusters on the pre-FL Yeti are in fact one combined unit...

image.png.47a7b0110732492f2ea694cce38c407c.png

image.png.0bca602ea36623a0459631c693b66e7f.png

Edited by silver1011
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have tried every settings i could. The setting that is blocking everything seems be "Assistance Drive Light" (Not active vs Active). With it active its all dark during the day (as long as its on Auto and sunlight.) But with it off u at least get dipped lights all the time. But the Led strip dosent work. I got the driver side working but not the other one so. This is a nightmare really 😛 But thanks everyone for taking some time giving some more understanding on the problem ❤️ 

Could it be as simple as

""Daylight running lights (DAY LIGHT) Activating the function

› Switch off the ignition.
› Pull the turning signal and main beam lever towards the steering wheel, push it up and hold it in this position.
› Switch on the ignition.
› Hold the lever in this position for at least 3 seconds after switching on the ignition.

On vehicles with MAXI DOT display, the function can be enabled or disabled in
the menu item Dayl. dri. light""