Superb vs Passat drivers seat

Anybody owns these 2 cars and can compare drivers seat in terms of comfort? Superb MK3 with normal seats, not Sportline, and Pasat B8. Seems to me like seat in Passat are rather narrower and have higher side bolsters? And how do they compare in comfort on long drives?

Yesterday I happened to read the Carwow reviews on the Superb and Passat estate cars. In the Passat review there is mention of how comfortable the driver's seat is but not a specific mention in the Superb review. My MK3 is comfortable on long drives but don't know about the Passat, but would guess it's maybe more comfortable!

Can't give you a comparison, but prior to the current unpleasantness I was driving a minimum of 2-3 hours a day. My seat is very comfortable, but it took me a fair while to find the right position. IMHO the electric seats have too many different options, meaning it takes ages to find the perfect position. The main thing I was fiddling with was the height and tilt of the base.

Personally I'd welcome a "default" setting to start from. There are a number of guides to setting up the seat on the web, so worth a search if you haven't already. But trial and error, saving comfortable settings and moving things a fraction then saving again once you think it is more comfortable worked for me. 

• Like 2

I have an SE trim which has fabric seats with manual adjustment (not sure if this is what you mean by "normal"). Haven't been in a Passat but my wife has a Mk 7 Golf also with manually adjustable fabric seats, so they may be similar. 

On long journeys (i.e. 7 hours) the Superb is comfortable, mainly because I use the adaptive cruise so I can move about a bit. I find the back and side support decent (I am 5'9" and about 12 stone). What I don't find so good is the hard front edge which I find uncomfortable on short journeys where there is more pedal action, as it were. 

The seats in the Golf are definitely softer, which I think makes them seem more comfortable for a start. The base of the seat seems flatter, which I find better under my leg. 

Seat comfort is a very personal thing, only way to really tell is a decent length of test drive which is unlikely to happen anytime soon. 

10 minutes ago, JR RS said:

@ope126 - don't u have a Passat too?

How do the seats compare with ur Superb?

Yes I own both. I also have a MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition

The Superb is comfortable and I have no issues with the seats. I would call these seats "generous"...

The Passat has Nappa Leather, so it does feel softer and more plush.

Having said that, the design of the Passat seats have been very consistent over the B6 / B7 and now B8 model range.

So in my car (and my previous Passat's) I have always had the "Comfort Sports" seats, so yes as mentioned above they are more heavily bolstered in the sides of your chest and your thighs.

They are also classed as ergoComfort seats.

If this is an issue due to the size of your body / frame, I would suggest the Superb's seats would allow better ingress / egress.

I also prefer the adjust ability of the Passat Head Restraints, both up and down and in and out.

The Superb is only up and down.

The Superb has Ventilated front seats, the Passat does not...

The Passat has Massage Seats, the Superb does not...

• Thanks 1

Had a B7 Passat with cloth seats and now Superb SE with cloth seats.  Both were fine, no issues on long drives.  I prefer the slightly wider Superb seats but wish the lumbar adjustment had a fraction more support as I have lower back issues.  The side pockets are also a nice tough even though I have never used them!

I have both Superb and Passat B8. Both in "leather" finish (heh, leather form plastic cow to be honest)... But coming back to the question, Passat seats are a little bit softer than Superb. The difference is tiny, but it is. For me, the main difference is the minimum height You can set. My Passat is semi-electric adjust seats, Suberb has full electric adjustment with memory. I don't  know what's the reason is, but in Passat i can set the seat height much lower than in Superb. After direct shift from Passat to Superb, You can feel, You drive some kind od SUV, but after a minute or two it is OK. Of courese, the headrest is more adjustable in Passat. You can move it to the front or backward.

Yes,  I know about the headrest and this is one more important thing for me that is missing in Skoda models. Also in Passat you can tilt front of the seat much heigher, whcih is usefull for tall people. But I am mainly interested in seat bottom width (bolster to bolster)

9 hours ago, toni8b said:

But I am mainly interested in seat bottom width (bolster to bolster)

I'm a fat lad and weigh about 18 and half stones (118 kilos). The Superb seat is wide enough for me!