Spare wheel

Does any one know what Skoda charge for a space saver wheel and tool kit ? I can’t remember what it is off the top of my head!

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Usually £150 from the factory but can be more from a dealer.

Wow, my 14 plate was 50 quid

Inflation is obviously running outta control in Skodaland 

Mind you, twas 300 quid on Mrs TMWNA's 20 plate hyundai 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Wow, my 14 plate was 50 quid

Inflation is obviously running outta control in Skodaland 

Mind you, twas 300 quid on Mrs TMWNA's hyundai 

Seem to remember my 1.4TSi Superb in April 2016 was a £100 factory option. Fortunately my current ex-Skoda HQ Superb came with a spare.

Ebay, or go to a scrap yard, I have a full kit sitting in my shed , the kit can also come from a mark2 Octavia it will be 16 inch with jack and tools.

Hi Stuart, one thing to think about is, how often do you think your going to use a spare wheel? 

Its not worth buying new, unless your going to bolt it to the rear tailgate. 

Space saver wheels weigh a ton. 

There's plenty of single wheels about with decent tyres on. Put it in the wheel well, you will feel better you have a backup, just incase you need it. Every couple of months check the pressure is ok, then forget it. 

I bought a new full size steel wheel and tyre with the jack and tool kit etc for about £78 for my 66 plate Octy from the well known online auction site,certainly didn't want / would use a space saver

On 24/04/2020 at 08:57, NZ100 said:

Hi Stuart, one thing to think about is, how often do you think your going to use a spare wheel? 

Its not worth buying new, unless your going to bolt it to the rear tailgate. 

Space saver wheels weigh a ton. 

There's plenty of single wheels about with decent tyres on. Put it in the wheel well, you will feel better you have a backup, just incase you need it. Every couple of months check the pressure is ok, then forget it. 

Hi Nz. I’m normally working on the railway. The amount of off road driving I do in the car would shock you!  Hence I’m pricing up a spare! 

Hi Stuart, yes understand that, I'm not saying dont get one. 

On my previous car, which was my first new car, it didnt come with a spare, i thought, if i have a puncture it would look better if i had the same wheel. 

I spent £150 on the wheel and £65 on a tyre. In the eleven years i had the car i used it once, it was on the car for two days. 

If you give me, size of wheel including ET and tyre I'll have a search for you and let you know. 

You might be able to use a 6.5Jx17 ET38 steel rim from a Skoda Kodiaq with a 205/50R17 tyre as a space saver.

Magnetto

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel/magnetto-wheels-mw-r1-1981#21067531

Alcar

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel/alcar-kfz-9021#21202672

However, mytyres are usually cheaper than oponeo for steel rims. 

Edited by Carlston

21 hours ago, Stuart-h said:

225/45r17

got no idea what the et is with out takeing the wheel off!

Wheel and tyre on ebay your size. £75 free pp. 

GENUINE SKODA OCTAVIA 17IN ALLOY WHEEL AND TYRE. ebay. 

Edited by NZ100
X

On 23/04/2020 at 11:58, skippy41 said:

Ebay, or go to a scrap yard, I have a full kit sitting in my shed , the kit can also come from a mark2 Octavia it will be 16 inch with jack and tools.

I transferred my spare from my Oct 2 to my Oct 3 when I sold it as I wanted a spare..... I did leave a can of tyre weld in when I px'd it 😀