Oil service reset

3 minutes ago, GlitchGolder said:

I have this at the moment. Oil change message on trip screen keeps coming up but it definitely isn't due a change. 

53500 miles, 63 Plate, last service was exactly a year ago so I wouldn't have thought it would have come on according to the every 2 year recommended oil change or every 20,000 miles. 

Booked it in for a service which will clear it but never expected to see it come on in its current circumstances. 

It is amazing how one small message and beep everytime you start your car/ turn off your car can drive you so INSANE. 

Whoever serviced it last probably did the shortcut rather than full reset which results in the car counting down 372 days or 9,400 miles from the last service 12 months ago. Dealers often do this on purpose to get customers to return sooner than they need to.:nod:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Whoever serviced it last probably did the shortcut rather than full reset which results in the car counting down 372 days or 9,400 miles from the last service 12 months ago. Dealers often do this on purpose to get customers to return sooner than they need to.:nod:

This would make perfect sense, thanks for pointing this out as I had no idea they could do this. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this was a bit fiddly in my 2016 vrs. initially holding down the reset button only pinged up settings for the clock and the battery. i eventually worked out to reset oil and inspection i had to wait until the warnings popped up (ignition off), press in reset button (keep holding) and turn on ignition. this popped up the reset oil and service options that could be acknowledged by releasing and quickly pressing the reset button

Edited by encephalopathy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, encephalopathy said:

this was a bit fiddly in my 2016 vrs. initially holding down the reset button only pinged up settings for the clock and the battery. i eventually worked out to reset oil and inspection i had to wait until the warnings popped up (ignition off), press in reset button (keep holding) and turn on ignition. this popped up the reset oil and service options that could be acknowledged by releasing and quickly pressing the reset button

Thanks for the reminder, I've got an inspection message to clear. Oil service is due shortly, why anyone would do them on different dates is anybody's guess. 

• 5 months later...

I had the oil every 2 years and inspection every 1. Someone suggested it was to remind for the MOT...Except that’s not when the inspection reminder came up.

I usually paella out the oil and replace at half distance anyway, so the extra inspection can wait until MOT time.

• 5 months later...

2019 Octavia vRS 245.  Waring says "Oil Service Due".  Have changed oil and filter with correct spec and tried to reset warning as detailed on various You Tube videos (i.e. as below).  Get "Service interval reset" but then still get the "Oil Service Due" warning when I turn ignition on again.  Any ideas?

• Press and hold the long button below the dials labeled 0.0 / SET until the dash lights up
  • Whilst holding this button, turn on the ignition and continue to hold 
  • Keep holding the button until “Reset oil service?” is displayed
  • Release the 0.0 / SET button and press it again to reset the service interval warning. The dash will display “Service Reset”

Turn off the ignition and now start the car, you’ll no longer be greeted with the inspection warning.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all for this thread.

I had the Oil Service warning come on around 9,000 miles after the last major annual service.

I phoned the local independent VAG/Škoda garage to arrange an oil change.  They asked when the last service was carried out and how many miles ago.  They then said to ignore it and check an owners' website on how to reset the nag! They said the main dealer would have used synthetic oil which is good for 30,000km/18,000miles.

So the nag is switched off and I'll go there instead of the main dealer for the next service (which could include  new brake discs and pads. 🙁 )

Edited by BionicJohn
Typos

I did reset after oil change at non official garage. Reseted intervals with obdeleven before they came on, also adjusted oil change interval to interval that I will actually do oil changes, car is out of warranty. This is done under module Dashboard 17, adaptations.

The oil change is due on my VRS 230 soon too. I've heard that it's a good idea to clean out/replace the 'oil breather' at the same time? I have no idea what this means though!

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2022 at 19:44, FrankLK said:

I did reset after oil change at non official garage. Reseted intervals with obdeleven before they came on, also adjusted oil change interval to interval that I will actually do oil changes, car is out of warranty. This is done under module Dashboard 17, adaptations.

Can you give some more details about this please?

Where I live, the cars are programmed to be only reset via a scanner (and not all of them) and can't be done at all via the dash cluster reset button. I'd like to try to be able to reprogram that function change.

• 10 months later...
On 25/04/2020 at 22:23, TheWanderer said:

Hi.

Got a quick question, my car is telling me that I'm due an oil service in 27 days time. That's unlikely to happen as my last booking for my ongoing oil sensor failure warnings was cancelled by text!

Is there a way to reset it, to stop its constant nagging, because gawd knows when we're going to come out of lock down and I'll be able to get an appointment with the garage to do both oil change & sensor failure work. 

Thanks..

Stay safe.

I believe that you are talking about this. This is some Copied/pasted information in Quote below: 

Cars with keyless entry system:

• Close
    • all the doors
    • the boot/tailgate
    • Close the bonnet

Oil service reset:

• Turn ignition off
  • Press + hold "0.0/SET" button

image.png.8894a3ecfb0d61c6ee3bc350a7ad8458.png

• Turn ignition on
  • 'Reset oil change service?' is shown on the display or 'DELETE OIL CHANGE' is shown on the display
  • Release "0.0/SET" button
  • Press "0.0/SET" button again

image.png.c2970386e68014c2ede6f2f1876da480.png

• Done

Inspection service reset:

• Turn ignition off
  • Press and hold "0.0/SET" button

image.png.084022cc2bb8eb010ebd128852936264.png

• Turn ignition on
  • 'Delete inspection?' appears on the display or 'DELETE INSPECTION' appears on the display
  • Release "0.0/SET" button
  • Press "0.0/SET" button again
  • Done

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Sorted this ages ago, I'm getting rid of this car shortly. It doesn't apply to cars with the virtual cockpit. 

I actually posted this for the benefit of anyone who may come across the same issue. It would be helpful if you could kindly add the steps for Virtual Cockpit fitted cars.

• 7 months later...