Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

2 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

I like in this exterior colour of this one and the grill & the interior other than light panels on the seats.

The wheels are not going to suit touch parkers.

Not much social distancing going on there :)

• Groan 1

Some interesting information here https://www.world-today-news.com/we-compared-enyaq-with-relative-id-4-the-damage-is-cheaper-but-vw-cheaper/ the thing that gets me though; is where its explained that although the Skoda's cheaper at the outset it'll cost even more after the absolutely necessary extras (like heated seats etc.) have been added.  Seems like Enyaq is ever so slightly less efficient on range and probably because of its everso slightly oversized body compared to the VW.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

So the advertised price is a lot lower than the competition but when you see what they've removed as standard which are essential in a modern car, the price goes up quite a bit once added. Shame.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

So the advertised price is a lot lower than the competition but when you see what they've removed as standard which are essential in a modern car, the price goes up quite a bit once added. Shame.

Thats what I found. I configured one with the big battery and the same features as my Karoq SEL. It came to £44K and that was without the AWD option as its not available in the configurator yet. The ID. 4 at same spec. is pretty much the same price, so what is Skoda's value proposition?

Raiding the options lists is always expensive and rarely make that much sense from a financial point of view as it generally does not add anything to the resale value.

A lot of vehicles will be supplied as standard spec. vehicles no options, to be consumed by fleet etc or consumers that aren't that bothered about adding extras or are in a hurry and will get a vehicle already in the system rather than a factory order. 

The same car (mechanically speaking) built in the same factories from the same parts by the same people. How else do you cut the ticket price other than and make the same margin other than removing features?

I don't buy in to the belief that VW brands are independent from each other and that there is some sort of internal competition (other than in their respective marketing departments), and if people want to buy the same car with the same build quality and the same features they're going to end paying pretty much the same price.

I think that Skoda isn't really the value brand it once was, say 10 years ago, the consumer is demanding more and more, which has pushed up prices significantly.  

• Like 1

An 11kw charger needs a 3 phase supply. If you have 3 phase, why not go for a 22kw charger to future proof yourself? The vehicle will limit charge power to what it can handle.

According to the above, the Enyaq on board A/C charger is 11kw, so that's the max it will take A/C.

On 05/10/2020 at 10:09, Luckypants said:

Thats what I found. I configured one with the big battery and the same features as my Karoq SEL. It came to £44K and that was without the AWD option as its not available in the configurator yet. The ID. 4 at same spec. is pretty much the same price, so what is Skoda's value proposition?

Size probably. Plus with dealer incentives might be cheaper? Who knows.

On 05/10/2020 at 20:32, greenstripe said:

Raiding the options lists is always expensive and rarely make that much sense from a financial point of view as it generally does not add anything to the resale value.

A lot of vehicles will be supplied as standard spec. vehicles no options, to be consumed by fleet etc or consumers that aren't that bothered about adding extras or are in a hurry and will get a vehicle already in the system rather than a factory order. 

The same car (mechanically speaking) built in the same factories from the same parts by the same people. How else do you cut the ticket price other than and make the same margin other than removing features?

I don't buy in to the belief that VW brands are independent from each other and that there is some sort of internal competition (other than in their respective marketing departments), and if people want to buy the same car with the same build quality and the same features they're going to end paying pretty much the same price.

I think that Skoda isn't really the value brand it once was, say 10 years ago, the consumer is demanding more and more, which has pushed up prices significantly.  

I think they will figure out a way to do it with their electrified platforms going forwards to keep the differentiation but didn't do much for this round with the MEB platform. 

They are already doing it with the Taycan/Audi E-tron GT which is the same thing with different power (motors?) 

The gap has narrowed between VAG's brands but there are still brand specific USPs. 

Some info from Sweden. It's already possible to order the 60 and 80 and first deliveries are expected around March/April next year.  

Starting prices are approx £39k for the 60 and £48k for the 80. The 80 comes with a lot more 'std' equipment... Pretty expensive but you do get about £5-6k back from the government!

It doesn't sound like it will be possible to order the 80x or RS until early next year and not delivered until Q3 2021!

On 28/09/2020 at 18:21, Luckypants said:

@ewlmr are you at all concerned about RWD vs FWD in snow and ice? This is a bit worrying for me with the VAG electric vehicles at the moment. 

Not the ENAYAQ (and in Slovakian) but the ID.3 looks pretty promising in the snow...
-

• Like 2

Going back to the heat pump discussion- The e-Golf got the heat pump as standard in Canada due to the cold weather they have meaning that it was basically useless in the winter without it! Heat pumps do drop off in efficiency below freezing, as they literally freeze up. A heat pump is no different to an air conditioner- it just runs in reverse. It's the same technology as a fridge. Below zero the heat pump can effectively freeze up just like your freezer at home, which impairs its efficiency.

I'm not sure I'd bother with a heat pump here in the UK on something with the 200+ mile range of the MEB based cars. But I'd definitely go for one in countries with more cold weather. 

The ID.3 / ID.4 or the Enyaq will not arrive in the UK with all Season Tyres that might suit the use all year from the length and breadth of the UK, so to get the snow performance it might well be a tyre change required.

Then as far as Heat Pumps, there can be very different weather / winter conditions around the UK where the EV's might be used.

I have All Season Tyres on my e-Corsa now because Michelin Primacy 4 are just a nonsense on an EV IMO.

Maybe fine for WLTP Figures.

But then the AC needs to be on or the car steams up, and that reduces range.

A Heat Pump is there and the instant heating is a wonderful thing IMO.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 18.48.17.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2020 at 19:34, greenstripe said:

I get about 170 ish mile depending on how I drive it 

About 170 miles give or take

But I want/need to do 200+ miles from A to B without worrying about whether I can get plugged in (stress) and then being totally ****ed off at having to kill an hour waiting for enough juice to complete my journey.

Then go through it all again when I want to return from B to A.

I think we’ve got a long way to go before we can ALL throw away our horrible dirty IC engined contraptions.

As for the motor bike world . . . . . .

There are plenty EV,s that are good for over 200 miles or 4 hours driving and then you are only charging for an hour during the trip if you want back up to the full range again.   If you have all the time in the world then charging for free while covering the miles in Scotland is rather nice.   There are plenty doing their journeys and liking the much cheapness.   Central belt Scotland is slow in getting enough charger hubs with enough chargers installed though.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

As for the motor bike world . . . . . .

Watch a long way up, Harley EV

A few points to note, they have a diesel generator on a flatbed following them around; ;) just in case.

It's certainly an insight into the reality of EV, compared to previous seasons, the conversation is quite obviously about range...