Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

On 18/03/2021 at 20:04, KeteCantek said:

I have always thought the model 3 is an ergonomic nightmare. Plus no Android auto or Carplay. And some people say they are a software company...

it's a really powerful and amazingly efficient car, but they keep redesigning the interface so it's like they change the dashboard layout in your car. I will miss it, but I am really looking forward to being back in a Skoda

On 18/03/2021 at 21:58, aerofurb said:

The 80 would be ideal as I have (under normal circumstances) a regular 210 mile round trip at weekends so there and back on one charge.

I was still undecided until today when the loss of the grant has scuppered any EV plans for the time being. Back to looking at nearly new Superb iV, me thinks.

My Tesla has the same range as the 60, I manage just fine doing trips like Edinurgh-Belfast and Edinburgh Northampton (this one is 327 miles each way), so there is zero point for me in buying a bigger battery than I need. The days of driving for 6 or 7 hours non stop are behind me. I tend to stop for a short break after 2 to 3 hours. The 60 will do that with ease, same as the Tesla. 

Edited by domhnall

• Administrators

Is the charging time, difference acceptable? 

I think of the Tesla’s usp as the fast charging.

I think of everyone else on a slower charge.

I know the slower charge, isn’t the slowest charge.

One other question, is the motorway service charging an inflated cost, like regular fuel?

• Like 1

TESLA 'Fast' or Rapid charging is at TESLA Superchargers.

So as you come through Scotland you will be looking for them in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Dundee and where ever.

Often they are sitting empty of those with a TESLA because the driver has a car they are not getting free charging with and they will be on the Charge Place Scotland chargers getting 22 kW, 44 kW, 50 kW or what ever. 

DSCN5265.JPG

DSCN5263.JPG

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, domhnall said:

it's a really powerful and amazingly efficient car, but they keep redesigning the interface so it's like they change the dashboard layout in your car. I will miss it, but I am really looking forward to being back in a Skoda

Power and efficiency is definitely Tesla's advantage. But then everything else is pot luck and some things are just plain bad. 

Hope you'll enjoy the Enyaq

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColinD said:

Is the charging time, difference acceptable? 

I think of the Tesla’s usp as the fast charging.

I think of everyone else on a slower charge.

I know the slower charge, isn’t the slowest charge.

One other question, is the motorway service charging an inflated cost, like regular fuel?

Not Tesla:

My car theoretically supports 120KW charging - personally I've not found anything over 50KW on any of my travels so far (not that I've done a huge amount of travelling in the last year). 50KW is good enough for a lunch stop to pretty much fully charge the battery in 50 mins or so.

One thing I have found is that if there are 2 chargers next to eachother and both are in use then you will never see anything like the quoted 'up to figures' as the load on the infrastructure will need to be reduced.

Motorway service stations do charge massively over inflated costs and more so for charging at a faster rate than  even at the same station from the same company, for example Typically: Ecotricity who have the monopoly on motorway services have units that usually have three plugs -  CCS. Type 2 and Chademo (Nissan) You'll pay more for charging from the CCS because it charges at a higher rate in theory. I find charging advertised charging speeds very much like old school internet 'promises'. I generally try and avoid Ecotricity if I can, they are often only partially functioning if at all and can sometimes take many attempt to get the charging process to initiate. I have found Instavolt and Shell recharge to be more relaible so far.

For the most part I do all my charging at home from the PodPoint that I have installed in my garage, and following best practice recommendations I use a little charge a little: charging the car a couple of times per week and maintaining a charge between 50/80% - only charging to 100% when I know I'm going to need it

Please see attached pricelist of Audi tarrifs and how they compare with domestic tarrifs, obviously sometimes it is cheaper to use my Audi charging card at public charging stations and sometimes cheaper to pay the charging company direct. Please note I have free memebrship of the Audi 'Transit Tarrif' for the first year.

Pricelist.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2021 at 18:55, greenstripe said:

Not Tesla:

My car theoretically supports 120KW charging - personally I've not found anything over 50KW on any of my travels so far (not that I've done a huge amount of travelling in the last year). 50KW is good enough for a lunch stop to pretty much fully charge the battery in 50 mins or so.

One thing I have found is that if there are 2 chargers next to eachother and both are in use then you will never see anything like the quoted 'up to figures' as the load on the infrastructure will need to be reduced.

Motorway service stations do charge massively over inflated costs and more so for charging at a faster rate than  even at the same station from the same company, for example Typically: Ecotricity who have the monopoly on motorway services have units that usually have three plugs -  CCS. Type 2 and Chademo (Nissan) You'll pay more for charging from the CCS because it charges at a higher rate in theory. I find charging advertised charging speeds very much like old school internet 'promises'. I generally try and avoid Ecotricity if I can, they are often only partially functioning if at all and can sometimes take many attempt to get the charging process to initiate. I have found Instavolt and Shell recharge to be more relaible so far.

For the most part I do all my charging at home from the PodPoint that I have installed in my garage, and following best practice recommendations I use a little charge a little: charging the car a couple of times per week and maintaining a charge between 50/80% - only charging to 100% when I know I'm going to need it

Please see attached pricelist of Audi tarrifs and how they compare with domestic tarrifs, obviously sometimes it is cheaper to use my Audi charging card at public charging stations and sometimes cheaper to pay the charging company direct. Please note I have free memebrship of the Audi 'Transit Tarrif' for the first year.

Pricelist.pdf 257.99 kB · 7 downloads

yeah I am very familiar with charhing the tesla is my third EV. I take it you are aware of the factors that will slow your charge rate? (ie the battery is already too full or the battery is cold)

those ionity prices are crazy, 70p is higher than you can get paying contactless

Having spent some time with both ID.4 and Enyaq there is no doubt Enyaq is far more premium when it comes to the interior. With the brown leather upgrade I would choose the Enyaq over Audi e-tron even.

The screen built in the dash, the gear lever down in the console and the seats alone makes Enyaq better then ID.4 in my opinion.

• Like 2

Here is a first look of model that came to Croatia. I will do a proper test soon.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

OK. So we have discussed the situation with charging points in the UK, but what about France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany etc? 

What are the options there for when we finally get out of this mess we're currently in. 

@TheWandererThis will be just great on Continental Europe,  even there you find those with Range Anxiety who might just not have checked out the infrastucture.

The thing is that if you do not want or need an EV, there is no need to be driving one. 

Well that is mostly true, there are going to be more places where you might well need to be in a low emissions or zero emissions vehicle to enter.

A Tesla & free supercharging would appeal to me if crossing the Channel for a road trip.

Edited by e-Roottoot

This guy does a very informative over view imo. But a bit lacking this time imo.

Edited by vrskeith

How are the regen paddles on the steering wheel on the Enyaq? On the Audi E-Tron I find them a waste of time personally and leave the car on auto an let it decide the amount of regen based on sensors and Sat-Nav

• Administrators

I’m near enough sold. The range lets me get to a few places and once there allows me to go out for a day.

eg fort William to the tip of ardnamurchan and back. Or a sprint up to glen brittle in Skye if the sky is clear.

my next dilemma is the smart way to pay for one. 

lease as this tech is shifting quickly. 

the old buy outright and keep for ten years, battery risk?

Off course if one had a limited company and a car requirement, there are some amazing tax benefits. Sadly these don’t trickle down to you and I as a retail customer.

Thoughts?

• Like 1