Front Splitter

Anyone know where I can buy a gloss black front splitter for Mk3 Superb Sportline, prefer a UK company, but open to anywhere, as long as the lead-time is not 6 weeks and the quality is good. Thanks

25 minutes ago, Iain123 said:

Anyone know where I can buy a gloss black front splitter for Mk3 Superb Sportline, prefer a UK company, but open to anywhere, as long as the lead-time is not 6 weeks and the quality is good. Thanks

Not a UK company but don't let put you off, I've never had an issue with any orders and can't recall seeing any issues being reported on here: 

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Front/

There's Maxton too: 

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/skoda/Skoda Superb/skoda-superb-mk3/skoda-superb-mk3-prefacelift

Maxton are a bit cheaper and appear to be very similar to the Superskoda ones (same...maybe?).  Maxton stuff is well regarded and used across a lot of modified VW group cars.  I've just ordered some rear side skirts from them. 

Triple R Composites, which are just outside Huntingdon,  are a nice bunch and make some lovely stuff but they don't list anything for the Superb3.  If you're in that area then you could contact them and offer your car for fitting and they will discount a completed splitter (or they did that with me on a previous car)

HTH

Edited by penguin17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Iain123 said:

Hi. Have you bought anything from them for your Superb? How long was delivery? I am trying to do a deal on a Meteor Grey Sportline Superb at the local Skoda garage at present ... :) 

Superskoda are excellent. If you spend above a certain amount (I'll guess around about £50) they use a courier rather than just posting the item. 

Delivery is not 1 or 2 days as it's coming from the Czech Republic, but it is very reasonable.

There's something weird going on with the Maxton and Superskoda options as they are both showing the exact same photo in their websites, just that one has the Maxton logo on in the middle:

MAXTON V1:
96-dsc0591-1280x720.jpg

SUPERSKODA V1:
s3-frdif-v1-gls5.jpg

Unless it just happened that they used the same car, at the same place, same angle, at the same time of day 😛  Sure that could be a possibility, or...

In any case I'd prefer the full black option, not a fan of logos, let alone aftermarket ones.

11 hours ago, Iain123 said:

looks good  ... love it!!!  How long was delivery? Thanks

Ordered it before covid 19 so can’t comment now,and it got delivered about a week after order

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Superskoda sell the Maxton ones I believe. I've bought from both in the past. Both excellent service. I recently put this one on my car. It's from Maxton

IMG_20200505_211501.jpg

I ain't usually an aftermarket spoiler guy but I like the look of that very much, and the colour matching badge tops it off so well (need to get some for mine too)  👍

Edited by newbie69
  • Thanks 1

I made an order from superskoda , a week ago , is still processing , and no email answers , whats going on with those guys?

23 hours ago, Tezaman said:

I made an order from superskoda , a week ago , is still processing , and no email answers , whats going on with those guys?

They might be busy as they had a 20% off sale recently. They might be snowed under

• Like 1

So they informed me that they send the item , without tracking number for god shake! in 2020 , costs 50+EUR and they send it to another country without tracking number , this is comedy

FYI. there was only one shipping method available for me to choose. 

what is this!?

Edited by Tezaman

I used them a few weeks ago and got my parts in a week with tracking. Same about a year ago, they might be busy this time.

Would that pass an MOT?   IIRC when Top Gear did the track car they said putting a splitter on made it illegal for road use (construction and use regs) 

• 1 year later...

I just took delivery of a Maxton splitter for my sportline but the instructions are pretty basic. How difficult is the Maxton splitter to fit? Does the front bumper need to come off completely in order to fit the bolts?

I removed my front bumper so I could properly align (drill holes for the 30x torx screws required) my Rieger splitter and fit speedy fasteners (so I can remove and refit the splitter in a few minutes).

914940663_PXL_20210430_1356419632.thumb.jpg.adb7fcb206711937780d2cfdb5bd19b4.jpg