AliExpress.,. Experience??

skomaz

Hi all.

Just wondering what peoples experience of AliExpress was.  I'm looking at smart watches on their and they seem amazingly cheap so was wondering what peoples experiences of using it were.

Cheers

Had good experiences until recently when I raised a dispute over a brake fluid tester that didnt work, it was around €18 IIRC, the more expensive one with an LCD display, it just made a continuous beeping sound and no display.

My claim was resolved in my favour, I was awarded a refund of zero and told that I did not need to return the item which was kind of them 🥴

Sent loads of messages of complaint which were ignored, they did however ask me repeatedly to evaluate their service at resolving my dispute which I did giving the lowest maks possible in all categories, again a long description of what had transpired, I should have just avoided the wear on my keyboard.

Sadly I still have to use them for some things but if its on e-bay and up to 25% more expensive I will always use that platform now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This turned up on my YouTube timeline today.

Apparently, AliExpress products are of such an acceptable standard and quality that some people/companies feel they can get away with reselling it at 10 times or more of it's original price!

I wonder how many of these people are quite happily walking about with a No Label watch on their wrists would not be caught dead in possession of anything from AliExpress?

• Thanks 1

I've mostly had great experiences although shipping can be pretty variable.

Only 'proper' issue I've had is a seller not posting the item, started a dispute and in both occasions, I got a 100% refund straight away.

• Thanks 1

For branded stuff, it's great. Delivery can take a while, but the prices are solid.

Just like eBay, pick a seller with lots of good feedback ideally from buyers in your country.

For general cheap unbranded tat (£800 iPhone equivalent for £30, for example), you will get what you pay for... which is cheap tat that will likely fail out of the box, whose only redeeming feature is the free delivery. 

• Like 1