Boot measurements

BRUN

At floor level:

The width, all the way from front to back, is 1 metre  

The distance front to back is also 1 metre.

So a piece of plywood, 1.00 m x 1.00 m would lie on the boot floor.

However ...  things change as you get higher above the floor.  The width increases as you get above the wheel arches, but the front-to-back measurement (I'm guessing that's what you meant by "depth"? Or did you mean vertical depth?)  gets rapidly less, because of the rearward-sloping rear seats, and because the tailgate slopes forward.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The Yeti is that size, they are losing the plot.

So how come the yeti is 416litres and the 5 seat kodiaq 720litres??

Something doesn't stack up there with those measurements

4 hours ago, skomaz said:

i presume the Kodiaq is taller ? also id be pretty sure the Kodiaq is a fair bit longer, the Yeti is more Karoq/Kamiq size ?

i have been looking at vehicle boot sizes in litres, which can be a bit misleading imo, which is why im trying to get hold of the actual floor space, we go camping and trips to scotland so i want something which has a big boot, more so in dimensions than litres as id still like to keep some rear view once loaded up

Edited by BRUN

There’s quite a bit of space to the sides of the basic square floor plan as you move upward (and the plastic “walls” of the side bins come out).  Also, the 5-seater has a great depth, from floor to top of rear seat.

i suppose there’s no substitute, really, to going along in your Fabia to a dealer’s and comparing the two - climb in and see how it feels.

9933499F-3412-40C8-80BE-6B5B390DE5D3.jpeg

Edited by DaveMiller
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skomaz said:

Yeti rear seats are simply clever. Measurement taken in forward position.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BRUN said:

measured our Fabia 1 estate boot, thats 95cmx97cm so im actually a bit disappointed the Kodiaq isnt slightly bigger than 100cmx100cm

Cars are configured differently. Your Fabia might have a boot nearly as large as the Kodiaq, but it has nowhere near the space in the front and rear seats that the Kodiaq has.

I suspect that with the rear seats folded, the Kodiaq beats the Fabia for space.

Also, the measurement you were given is with the rear seats pushed all the way back.  There will be more space when they're pushed forward. 

I have a nice trailer you can buy if you want more space 😉 

• Like 3

The rubber boot mat from my Octavia estate fits perfectly in the 7 seat Kodiaq, so very similar floor space  dimensions again, however a lot more headspace above (Much more so with the 5 seat). With row 2 folded there is loads of room (2 builders bags of tree cuttings to the tip recently), which I would have struggled with the Octy. Put the 3rd row up and if you’ve got more than hats, umbrellas and handbags you’re going to struggle, seriously it cuts the boot in half and there’s very little height left.

If you need temporary extra storage roof boxes can be useful for lighter items (you have to get them up there!)

My guess is from having a number of mk2 Superb’s is that they are much larger, especially the estate.

Remember even though they’re bigger cars, they’re not that much bigger, and there is a lot more leg and head room as previously said.

It still amuses me when I see cars of the 70s and 80s when you see how small they really were! Like me, they all got bigger and heavier as they got older.

Not a direct answer, but an interesting topic.

46 minutes ago, Greenliner1 said:

The rubber boot mat from my Octavia estate fits perfectly in the 7 seat Kodiaq

It still amuses me when I see cars of the 70s and 80s when you see how small they really were! Like me, they all got bigger and heavier as they got older.

That's good to know because the next owner of my Octavia will only be getting the mudflaps from the protection pack. :D

There's a guy near me who has a mk1 Vauxhall Astra estate which he keeps in perfect condition. The boot is huge inside, but what we forget is that in that era, there was hardly any trim, so the wheel arches are showing. Effectively it's a van with rear windows.

OP -  Have you looked at the brochure?  Dimensions on final pages.

Edited by Guest

I’ve had Superb Estate, then 5-seat  Kodiaq.

The Superb luggage space was a little longer, but not as high.   I typically loaded both with 5 adults, 4 airline cabin bags and four large suitcases.  The Kodiaq takes everything the Superb did - perhaps a little more, as I don’t load above the window line.

My guess is from having a number of mk2 Superb’s is that they are much larger, especially the estate.

The boot mat doing service in my Kodiaq was originally bought for my MK 11 Superb estate and also saw service in a Hyundai Santa Fe. Apart from each boot being slightly differently shaped, the mat fitted all 3 cars very well.

So using that as a yardstick the boot floor measurement in both Superb and Kodiaq with the rear seats set right back is almost the same.

A quick internet search shows the Kodiaq 5 seat as having 720/2005 litres and the Superb estate as having 633/1865, so the Kodiaq will hold more allegedly.

I think useable space might come into play here. I've taken both cars to France full of my canoeing kit and all the other paraphernalia we take and it seems that I could get more contraband in the Superb than the Kodiaq on the return journey. 😀

Edited by olderman1

On 01/08/2020 at 05:45, DaveMiller said:

There’s quite a bit of space to the sides of the basic square floor plan as you move upward (and the plastic “walls” of the side bins come out).  Also, the 5-seater has a great depth, from floor to top of rear seat.

i suppose there’s no substitute, really, to going along in your Fabia to a dealer’s and comparing the two - climb in and see how it feels.

9933499F-3412-40C8-80BE-6B5B390DE5D3.jpeg

Note this is without a spare wheel.  If there is one added, then the boot floor will now be almost at the height of the boot lip.

1 hour ago, Stu_Magoo said:

Note this is without a spare wheel.  If there is one added, then the boot floor will now be almost at the height of the boot lip.

True.  (No spare wheel option available for 5 seaters when I bought mine.)

I have a Kodiaq 7 Seat SE Drive on order, arriving some point in September.  It has the Rubber Protection Pack (ZGBBOM062SK) specified along with a Space Saver spare wheel.  Does anybody know what is in the rubber protection pack?  I am assuming no boot liner.  I might just take the one that is in my Mk 3 Octavia Hatch out.

48 minutes ago, ceepan said:

I have a Kodiaq 7 Seat SE Drive on order, arriving some point in September.  It has the Rubber Protection Pack (ZGBBOM062SK) specified along with a Space Saver spare wheel.  Does anybody know what is in the rubber protection pack?  I am assuming no boot liner.  I might just take the one that is in my Mk 3 Octavia Hatch out.

Looks like the protection pack, quoted as a £240 option, includes a boot liner.

If you have kids, I recommend getting the tunnel mat to complement the rubber mats.

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/products/rubber-mat-rear-foot-well-tunnel

F3BB7D32-D2AF-4918-B07B-4573491FDDEA.png

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

Really good idea before you order the protection pack to make sure what's in it. When I collected my car, having ordered this pack, didn't get a boot liner but got the boot nets (which I didn't really want). Pointed this out to salesperson, she and I agreed that (in March) Skoda's accessories on-line pdf brochure said one thing, but what arrived at the dealer was something else. Then lockdown happened, but eventually I was sent my boot liner in the post, no explanation from either Skoda or dealer about the discrepancy.

Tunnel mat is a must - I didn't realise that it wasn't included in the rubber floor mat pack that Skoda sell until my first Kodiaq arrived and the dealer didn't throw in the mat. I made sure that on my current one that they were all thrown in.

5 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Tunnel mat is a must

Why is it a must?   I've seen the option but never quite been able to figure out it's purpose.

If you have two people sitting in the back it's not used, and if you have a 3rd then their feet are located each side of the tunnel.

Personally I'd rather have something that protects the rear central console as that's the thing in my cars that seems to get kicked.

Edited by Guest