Order Lead Times

jobsworth

5 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Mines week 38 (next week) also, ice been told the same third week in October 😎

So that's five weeks now from build to handover! That'll push mine back to the third week of November then from a build week 42 :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greentree said:

That’ll be the importers problem (Skoda Uk) not yours.

Look at the small print in the price lists! They all say that prices are subject to increases in the case of government tax increases :(

57 minutes ago, CJJE said:

Look at the small print in the price lists! They all say that prices are subject to increases in the case of government tax increases :(

It will kill the car market. They will come up with something before then I'm sure 

15 hours ago, CJJE said:

That does not apply to a car that has been ordered.  The price at date of order is part of the contract.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:

That does not apply to a car that has been ordered.  The price at date of order is part of the contract.

Skoda UK Karoq Price & Spec brochure: "Skoda UK may change RRPs at any time (this includes where there are government changes in regulations and/or legislation.)

The Terms and Conditions attached to the order form from my dealer: "7(c): If after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to you, the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for any of the goods is changed, we shall give notice of any change to you and:

(i) If the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for the goods is increased you will be notified of the amount of the increase we intend to pass on to you. You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of this information. If you do not cancel the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price. "

So you're relying on a dealer's good will to absorb a 10% increase in the price, or his reluctance to see you cancel the order. But if you cancel and reorder then the new price will be 10% higher anyway.

22 hours ago, CJJE said:

Skoda UK Karoq Price & Spec brochure: "Skoda UK may change RRPs at any time (this includes where there are government changes in regulations and/or legislation.)

The Terms and Conditions attached to the order form from my dealer: "7(c): If after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to you, the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for any of the goods is changed, we shall give notice of any change to you and:

(i) If the Manufacturer's or Importer's recommended price for the goods is increased you will be notified of the amount of the increase we intend to pass on to you. You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of this information. If you do not cancel the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price. "

So you're relying on a dealer's good will to absorb a 10% increase in the price, or his reluctance to see you cancel the order. But if you cancel and reorder then the new price will be 10% higher anyway.

My car should be in the UK by November.  There is no way I would agree to pay 10% as it would only apply if Skoda delay building and dispatching the car.  Any extra tax caused bu such a delay would be their responsibility.  I would not only cancel the oreder I would take court action to reclaim costs for inconvenience and disapointment.  I would then purhcase my second choice car, a Hyundai Tucson which is not effcetd by Brexit as it is already an inported car.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KaroqHenry said:

My car should be in the UK by November.  There is no way I would agree to pay 10% as it would only apply if Skoda delay building and dispatching the car.  Any extra tax caused bu such a delay would be their responsibility.  I would not only cancel the oreder I would take court action to reclaim costs for inconvenience and disapointment.  I would then purhcase my second choice car, a Hyundai Tucson which is not effcetd by Brexit as it is already an inported car.

Quite, you have the right to cancel. But isn't the Hyundai built in Czechia? So it will be in exactly the same position as Skodas, Kias etc. :(

• Like 1

I said I wouldn't contribute to this forum again but the level of ignorance of the last few posts is breathtaking.

KaroqHenry - Simple request. Can you post up the relevant T&C section from your order ( contract ) you signed? As an example, I'll post mine:

7: NEW GOOD / USED GOODS

(a) Where the Goods to be supplied by the Seller are new, then the following conditions shall apply:

(i) the Purchaser shall be bound to pay any amount of car tax and value added tax or other tax or duty that the seller has legally become bound to pay, notwithstanding any amount specified on the order form.

(ii) if before delivery of the Goods the Manufacturer/Concessionaire's recommneded retail price for the Goods shall be incresed the Seller shall give notice of the increase to the Purchaser whereupon the Purchaser shall be entitled by notice in writing to the Seller to cancel the contract within 21 days of the date of the Notice.

So what does that mean?  The price you pay for a car is essentially made up of of three things - 1) the price of the car set by the manufacturer,  2) the delivery costs and 3) taxes, which are set by government.

The contract that you will have already agreed to, will say that if the manufacturer changes the price of their car, then you have the right to cancel  ( T&C will also say you'll receive your deposit in full ). But taxes are outside the control of the manufacture, they are set by government, so when you say you'd take court action - against who, the government?   Good luck with that, especially when you've already agreed to be bound to those taxes. Read your T&C - NOTWITHSTANDING ANY AMOUNT SPECIFIED ON THE ORDER FORM.

I'll give you a practical example. UK TAX rates changed on 1st April of this year where VED was based on WLTP data. If you ordered a car last year and it was delivered on 31st March, the VED rate was based on NEDC data. If it was delivered on 1st April, you would have paid more in tax. Tax is set by government, you cannot pre-determine what that tax would be when ordering a car, you can only estimate it.

CJJE wrote the type of inflamatory post that made me sick of this forum which of course lead to KaroqHenry's replies.  "As long as it's before the 1st of January when they will get loaded with a 10% import tariff thanks to Boris!!"

I'd love to reply to that but fear I'm wasting my time. I'll return to reading the forum rather than contributing to it.

5 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

I said I wouldn't contribute to this forum again but the level of ignorance of the last few posts is breathtaking.

KaroqHenry - Simple request. Can you post up the relevant T&C section from your order ( contract ) you signed? As an example, I'll post mine:

7: NEW GOOD / USED GOODS

(a) Where the Goods to be supplied by the Seller are new, then the following conditions shall apply:

(i) the Purchaser shall be bound to pay any amount of car tax and value added tax or other tax or duty that the seller has legally become bound to pay, notwithstanding any amount specified on the order form.

(ii) if before delivery of the Goods the Manufacturer/Concessionaire's recommneded retail price for the Goods shall be incresed the Seller shall give notice of the increase to the Purchaser whereupon the Purchaser shall be entitled by notice in writing to the Seller to cancel the contract within 21 days of the date of the Notice.

So what does that mean?  The price you pay for a car is essentially made up of of three things - 1) the price of the car set by the manufacturer,  2) the delivery costs and 3) taxes, which are set by government.

The contract that you will have already agreed to, will say that if the manufacturer changes the price of their car, then you have the right to cancel  ( T&C will also say you'll receive your deposit in full ). But taxes are outside the control of the manufacture, they are set by government, so when you say you'd take court action - against who, the government?   Good luck with that, especially when you've already agreed to be bound to those taxes. Read your T&C - NOTWITHSTANDING ANY AMOUNT SPECIFIED ON THE ORDER FORM.

I'll give you a practical example. UK TAX rates changed on 1st April of this year where VED was based on WLTP data. If you ordered a car last year and it was delivered on 31st March, the VED rate was based on NEDC data. If it was delivered on 1st April, you would have paid more in tax. Tax is set by government, you cannot pre-determine what that tax would be when ordering a car, you can only estimate it.

CJJE wrote the type of inflamatory post that made me sick of this forum which of course lead to KaroqHenry's replies.  "As long as it's before the 1st of January when they will get loaded with a 10% import tariff thanks to Boris!!"

I'd love to reply to that but fear I'm wasting my time. I'll return to reading the forum rather than contributing to it.

My point is that I ordered the car when there was no import duty. I agreed a price with the dealer and have been told by Skoda that the car is being built at he end of September giving them plenty of time to have the car imported into the UK before the tax change applies.  I would not be taking court action against the government, it would be against Skoda UK for causing me the extra expense by failing to supply the car on the schedule that was agreed.  On signing the contract I very specifically informed the dealer I had to have the car before the end of the year.  By accepting my order both the dealer and Skoda are contract bound by that condition.

• Haha 1

I think its gone off topic, its not like you are going to have to pay extra tax is it, as the cars will be coming before the end of the year.

Arguing over nothing you have control of!

Virtual hug :blush:

Back on the original topic, I called Skoda for an update as I'd not heard from my dealer if the car had changed status (build week was scheduled for last week).

Apparently it's now waiting for shipping. So I guess it was :) Assuming 4 weeks, then it'll be exactly 8 weeks from order.

Without wishing to re-ignite ^^ discussion, I asked the dealer what would happen Jan 1 and he said he had no idea and they were waiting for advice from Skoda UK. As it won't be long before orders taken will fall into '21 delivery. He was pretty worried about it both in terms of potential confusion and unhappy customers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alex_leigh67 said:

Back on the original topic, I called Skoda for an update as I'd not heard from my dealer if the car had changed status (build week was scheduled for last week).

Apparently it's now waiting for shipping. So I guess it was :) Assuming 4 weeks, then it'll be exactly 8 weeks from order.

Without wishing to re-ignite ^^ discussion, I asked the dealer what would happen Jan 1 and he said he had no idea and they were waiting for advice from Skoda UK. As it won't be long before orders taken will fall into '21 delivery. He was pretty worried about it both in terms of potential confusion and unhappy customers.

Lucky you! I bet you are excited. If mine is delivered the date the dealer expects. It will have been 14 weeks 🤔

2 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

Lucky you! I bet you are excited. If mine is delivered the date the dealer expects. It will have been 14 weeks 🤔

I'm not sure what causes the randomness. If mine turns up - say - second week in October that'll be 4 weeks before the dealer 'expected' and 8 weeks before the 'latest handover data' on the order. Did yours have lots of special options? 

Oh mines a confirmed MY21 car. USB C works for me so I'm happy with that. (although sad to be losing the torch)

4 hours ago, alex_leigh67 said:

I'm not sure what causes the randomness. If mine turns up - say - second week in October that'll be 4 weeks before the dealer 'expected' and 8 weeks before the 'latest handover data' on the order. Did yours have lots of special options? 

Oh mines a confirmed MY21 car. USB C works for me so I'm happy with that. (although sad to be losing the torch)

I'd assume it's down to the availability of optional extras, engine supplies, or perhaps even wanting to run a batch through with the same colours??

• Thanks 1

My Karoq is due for delivery 29/10,  have just been on Skoda chat and by my reckoning it might be a little earlier than that.  First time I`ve used Skoda chat and seems pretty good. From chat:

Perfect, thank you! So I can see that your order is at status 38 which means it has been released for shipping at the Port of Exit, so it's just waiting to be loaded on to a ship. Your vehicle arrived at the Port of Exit on the 19th of September and can take up to 7-10 working days to be loaded on to the ship. Once it is on the ship it will take around 1-2 working days to arrive at the UK Port

• Like 1