KPH/MPH

My partner took delivery of SE L First Edition 2.0 TDI 150PS Estate on Tuesday, I took it for it's first "long" run today using the Sat Nav, the virtual cockpit shows speed, fuel range in miles, Sat Nav shows distance to destination in klms and also in top left corner of virtual cockpit, couldn't find how to change it in SETTINGS, stopped at a Skoda showroom that I was passing and explained situation to one of the sales guys, he tried numerous settings/screens without success, I contacted the showroom that the car was bought from, service staff and Master Tech were unable to help/solve the mystery, any person on here with a solution, not a major problem but would have thought all readings in UK would be in miles  

Have you registered the car online with the skoda connect app and set yourself up as the primary user? I had this when I picked the car up and drove it round for the day before registering etc. I was then able to sign in and change a lot of the settings in my user account which seem to have become permanent (or at least associated with the key)

Edited by fox2319

Thanks for that, car is connected, still unable to change klms to miles on Sat Nav, contacted Skoda UK, they couldn't help over phone (too technical) but phoned back later with a solution - didn't work. 

Yeah, I popped in there today to see 2 of the salesmen looking over the display cars to try to figure it out. They reckon it'll be fixed by software update and say they will keep me posted. (Although they are in a bit of a huff with me for other reasons so we'll see)

Had vehicle back to dealership, Service/Warranty manager had a look and couldn't find a solution. Sitting in car when the infotainment system randomly spoke/displayed "looking for a parking space", "can I help ?", have also had it saying/displaying "there is a draft, can I help", have had various other random displays. Car is booked in on 12 October, been told to make a list of any other "faults/complaints" to look at. Will update with a solution (hopefully).

I had a look at a car in the showroom this morning and it changes units without a problem. It was in transport mode apparently (says TRA at the bottom of the left hand dash display.

I compared the HW / SW versions on that vs my car and everything is the same except for the map version (showroom car was an older version). Next step will probably be to reset to factory settings and go through initial config again.

On 03/09/2020 at 21:03, ELSUSSETTER said:

My partner took delivery of SE L First Edition 2.0 TDI 150PS Estate on Tuesday, I took it for it's first "long" run today using the Sat Nav, the virtual cockpit shows speed, fuel range in miles, Sat Nav shows distance to destination in klms and also in top left corner of virtual cockpit, couldn't find how to change it in SETTINGS, stopped at a Skoda showroom that I was passing and explained situation to one of the sales guys, he tried numerous settings/screens without success, I contacted the showroom that the car was bought from, service staff and Master Tech were unable to help/solve the mystery, any person on here with a solution, not a major problem but would have thought all readings in UK would be in miles  

I posted this same problem from my friend's 1.4 TSI Octavia. It's been in the dealers twice but no resolution. Very sloppy of Skoda to market without testing fully. It also judders when cold. Otherwise, it seems to be a very nice car, it should be as undiscounted it is significantly more expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...

My car has the same issue. Amongst others in the infotainment. It's back in next week for a checkup. I've had issues with the alarm too. I'm going to ask for a complete reset; the factory settings via the infotainment isn't working for me...

Anyone had any more progress? I saw there was an "Error fix" software update the other day but it didn't seem to do anything. 

Aside from bugging the local garage, is there anything else that we can do to get this fixed?

The 'error fix' didn't change that. In fact it caused me another problem. When ever the stop/stay kicked in the infocentre screen changed to the menu screen on its own! Had to reselect the screen to what you were originally seeing.