Android unit maxidot advice?

Are there any Android units out there that support the maxidot for the Superb MK2 Estate FL? I want it to look as OEM as possible and keep every feature working on my Elegance trim.

The only other option is to buy a Amundsen MIB STD, I don't know the part number but it's the one with the most features I think it ends with an E as my car has DAB, navigation. Currently have a Columbus unit in it and to be honest I'm getting tired of how slow is it.

Hope everyone is ok and well out there.

Kind regards,

T.G 😁

Kenwood made a Skoda specific set of units, they work with the maxi dot and have an interface box apparently that comes with them. Believe it is the DNX line. It looks decent and pretty OEM. 
https://kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/skoda/DNX525DAB/

The MIB STD is the way to go for something that looks the part. You just need to find one that’s priced reasonably and get the CP set and coding done. It’s a bit like the A-Team though you need to find someone who can offer advice or do the head unit programming for you. 

Edited by Oli

Thanks for the reply Oli, I'm absolutely useless with audio equipment, tried to put an android unit in my MK1 superb years ago and gave up as I couldn't get the steering wheel controls to work on the unit.

I want to keep my MK2 estate until she dies, I absolutely love the car, especially as I've just popped a tuning box on her to bump the bhp from 167 up to 227.

That's why I was being so specific because I want all original equipment to work with the benefits of android.

Sorry, one more question about the Kenwood unit, can you update the android version as I don't want it to become obsolete because the android version is too old.

Thanks again guys and gals.

T.G 😁

The Kenwood unit is fantastically expensive, £900+ 😳

I think it might be cheaper to get the highest spec Amundsen unit. I believe the one's from the facelift yeti fit the MK2 Superb facia.

1 hour ago, Thrice_Guy said:

The Kenwood unit is fantastically expensive, £900+ 😳

I think it might be cheaper to get the highest spec Amundsen unit. I believe the one's from the facelift yeti fit the MK2 Superb facia.

They do fit fine, but you can also use units from VW's and Seats if you know someone with the skills and equipment to mod them to work with the Superb II.

This thread is basically all you need:

Info Treasure Trove

3 hours ago, Zukabak said:

They do fit fine, but you can also use units from VW's and Seats 

I'd like to have the skoda green illumination on the unit too, I'm guessing it would be a pain in the back side to replace all of the led's in the unit?

14 hours ago, Thrice_Guy said:

Thanks for the reply Oli, I'm absolutely useless with audio equipment, tried to put an android unit in my MK1 superb years ago and gave up as I couldn't get the steering wheel controls to work on the unit.

I want to keep my MK2 estate until she dies, I absolutely love the car, especially as I've just popped a tuning box on her to bump the bhp from 167 up to 227.

That's why I was being so specific because I want all original equipment to work with the benefits of android.

Sorry, one more question about the Kenwood unit, can you update the android version as I don't want it to become obsolete because the android version is too old.

Thanks again guys and gals.

T.G 😁

Not a chance a tuning box has got you 227bhp. Look around, even the best remaps quote 210 as a max on the cr170. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rover220 said:

Not a chance a tuning box has got you 227bhp. Look around, even the best remaps quote 210 as a max on the cr170. 

If you're not going to be helpful or give advice then please do not comment on this thread, or any thread for that matter.

People use this site for help and advice, not to be called out on information given to customers about products they've purchased (TDI Tuning). I'm happy with my purchase and it has made my car more fun to drive.

Back to original thread guys and gals, apologies for other people's waste of time posts and for people that are following the thread with e-mail alerts 

T.G 😁

• Haha 1

On 11/09/2020 at 21:51, Thrice_Guy said:

I'd like to have the skoda green illumination on the unit too, I'm guessing it would be a pain in the back side to replace all of the led's in the unit?

It's not as hard as it looks. I saw some DIY somewhere on the forum.

I'm not very DIY savvy so I'd rather buy an original skoda unit with DAB, sat nav, android auto and maxidot compatible. I'd also consider an android unit if maxidot is compatible and the above items too.