Mapping TDI advise

Good Evening, 

Is there any advise on mapping my VRS TDI.  Not sure on if this is worth doing (experience v cost of having it done). Also best place to get it done in the North West if recommended. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

Steve

Ive had mine done. Mine's the 2 liter diesel. Makes teh car a lot nicer to drive in my opinion. 
Had mine done at phantom tuneing in bedford. 

Try these guys: www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk

Superchips and bluefin get my vote as so easy to return to stock before sending to dealer, did it on my former Superb 150 TDi and the results were excellent, will do the Octavia soon.

Or Revotechnik, avoid the cheap "Race chips". Darkside look good, they have a youtube channel

For your car superchips say +34BHP and +109NM, that torque figure is impressive, 489NM total!

Ads Automotive are in Preston. I had my mk7 gtd tuned by them with Revo software. Dave at ADS really knows his stuff with Revo and tuning VAG cars. I'd highly recommend, the service was outstanding from them and plenty of free coffee/tea and a TV while you wait 👍 usually takes an hour or so to install the software. 

Well slightly different I've a vrs but as long as you get a good map from someone who knows what they are doing, don't be going for a massive jump in numbers you should be fine with a 35hp increase your flywheel will be fine as long as your not driving like a nut dumping the clutch all the time

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vtec9000 said:

Superchips and bluefin get my vote as so easy to return to stock before sending to dealer, did it on my former Superb 150 TDi and the results were excellent, will do the Octavia soon.

Or Revotechnik, avoid the cheap "Race chips". Darkside look good, they have a youtube channel

For your car superchips say +34BHP and +109NM, that torque figure is impressive, 489NM total!

From what I understand, the ECU sets a TD1 flag that says its been modified and even if you return to stock, the flag is still set. Even removable tuning boxes can set the flag because the sensors (as a group) are operating outside of their expected parameters, but anything that changes the software, even if removable, can set the flag and potentially void any warranty.

I didn't bother for that reason. Maybe when it's too old to worry about a warranty....

Nick

38 minutes ago, Sec8200 said:

@Vtec9000 can you please share experience for 150 TDI remap. Mainly I was looking if its safe enough for the turbo, flywheel, etc.

How much was the gain, did it affect torque in lowerer revs or only higher revs?

My 150 is mapped and was quoted around 190 when I originally enquired about the map.  I explained that I wasn't that interested in the peak power but the drivability as driven daily you live in the mid range.  I would always advise against maps that increase the torque too much at the low end as this will out excess stress on the clutch.  Either way my car is much nicer to drive with the change and along with a pedal box it keeps up with a mates tdi vrs quite well.  I also run posh fuel as a habit to help avoid dpf issues and also keep the general condition of the engine as good as possible.

If you want any specific description on any aspect of the map let me know.  I don't have numbers but happy to describe the characteristics.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

If you want any specific description on any aspect of the map let me know.  I don't have numbers but happy to describe the characteristics.

hi, thank you first of all!

I believe you've answered me already, I was afraid of much more added torque in lower revs. Maybe keeping them till 1700-1900 rpm the same and spin up after those revs.

I'm looking at Revo st.1 when my warranty is over soon. Not sure how this will reflect in the DPF build-ups at all..

Cant comment on the specifics of Revo mapping but one thing I find is that you need less acc. pedal input at slow speeds so slow speed manoeuvring is more comfortable and also puts less strain on everything.

• Thanks 1

On 23/09/2020 at 08:31, Sec8200 said:

@Vtec9000 can you please share experience for 150 TDI remap. Mainly I was looking if its safe enough for the turbo, flywheel, etc.

How much was the gain, did it affect torque in lowerer revs or only higher revs?

Sorry missed this one, for the Superb same Tdi 150 SCR engine and manual gearbox, the whole thing felt more lively and immediate at all revs, more torque to start with and mid range felt mighty is how I remember it. I only just have the new car but will do soon and report back.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Superchips may have an issue with the ECU on my 2019 plate 2.0 Tdi 150, I want to confirm the ECU type fitted, any suggestions how?

I thought it would have been the same ECU and my old Superb MY2018 as same SCR engine but maybe not?

Any thoughts?