Kamiq All season & Winter tyres

SurreyJohn

Thought the following would be useful

SE-L and Monte Carlo spec have 215/45 R18 89V tyres, not a common size

For all season can get :

Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Continental all season contact

Maxxis AP3

.....and that’s it (although older Quatrac 5 and AP2 might still be available at moment)

being rare size, likely to cost £500-600 for set of 4 all season tyres

For SE spec wheels with 205/55 R17 91V lots of choice 

For S spec wheels with 205/60 R17 92H also plenty of choice

and lot cheaper than the 18 inch versions

For those who live in the mountains, or where there are very steep hills.  You may prefer to swap to dedicated winter set of wheels/tyres.   Any of the above sizes are valid, as are 16 inch wheels with 195/60 R16 or 205/60 R16

Unlike the bigger cars, Karoq etc with 5 x 112mm wheel bolts, the Kamiq uses the small car size of 5 x100mm bolt, so if getting new rims make sure they are this size.  Offset ET varies slightly by rim but is between 35-40 so ideally anything in this range is suitable.

Hope this is useful, as these questions always come up this time of year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great info. Traded in my 3rd Octavia recently for a Kamiq SEL 1.5 DSG. It's a bloody pest that Skoda does not offer all season tyres as a factory option.

I had a set of steel winter wheels and tyres for the Octavia but they don't fit. Despite my dealer telling me they did. So he was a bit embarrassed at their mistake and agreed to supply me a new set of steel wheels and fit my original winters on them.

Fairly happy but would prefer to have the option of all season tyres from the factory.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2020 at 08:58, SurreyJohn said:

Thought the following would be useful

SE-L and Monte Carlo spec have 215/45 R18 89V tyres, not a common size

For all season can get :

Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Maxxis AP3

.....and that’s it (although older Quatrac 5 and AP2 might still be available at moment)

being rare size, likely to cost £500-600 for set of 4 all season tyres

For SE spec wheels with 205/55 R17 91V lots of choice 

For S spec wheels with 205/60 R17 92H also plenty of choice

and lot cheaper than the 18 inch versions

For those who live in the mountains, or where there are very steep hills.  You may prefer to swap to dedicated winter set of wheels/tyres.   Any of the above sizes are valid, as are 16 inch wheels with 195/60 R16 or 205/60 R16

Unlike the bigger cars, Karoq etc with 5 x 112mm wheel bolts, the Kamiq uses the small car size of 5 x100mm bolt, so if getting new rims make sure they are this size.  Offset ET varies slightly by rim but is between 35-40 so ideally anything in this range is suitable.

Hope this is useful, as these questions always come up this time of year

Update :

Apparently the 18 inch Continental all season tyres are in short supply

Also Oponeo is now offering 18inch Imperial All seasons (expected December)

Edited by SurreyJohn

Glad I went for an SE then!

My Kamiq was a replacement for an UP GTI for which there were no options for winter tyres at all. You had to buy a different size of wheel to fit them on to. Normally not an issue other than the GTI came on Goodyear efficient grip tyres that were a disaster in cold weather.

I haven't looked into getting winter tyres for the Kamiq yet so good to know there's lots of choice out there!

• 1 month later...

Quick update now weather is looking bit wintery in few days time

For those with 18 inch wheels the choice of all season tyres has grown further.  Can now also get Minerva AS Master and Imperial all season driver (although neither of these are premium brands)

Still not a lot of choice, but best (in my opinion) would be Continental All season contact or Vredestein Quatrac Pro 

• Like 1

Hi,

I've just drove 1500km on the brand new Dunlop Sport All Season 205/60R17 96H XL. Quiet, comfortable (although it is an XL version) and safe driving at lower temperatures (-2 * C). Trouble-free driving on a frosted highway at a speed of 140 km/h.

Now I'm curious what will happen on snow (LOL, now we have December and no snow here in Poland) and at high temperatures - unfortunately this is new this year and there are no official tests yet.

Cheers

7 hours ago, LexLuthor said:

Hi,

I've just drove 1500km on the brand new Dunlop Sport All Season 205/60R17 96H XL. Quiet, comfortable (although it is an XL version) and safe driving at lower temperatures (-2 * C). Trouble-free driving on a frosted highway at a speed of 140 km/h.

Now I'm curious what will happen on snow (LOL, now we have December and no snow here in Poland) and at high temperatures - unfortunately this is new this year and there are no official tests yet.

Cheers

Did your all season tyres come as standard from the factory, or have they been changed since car arrived.

I am interested because if all season is factory fitted (for Poland) then no reason why it should not be possible in UK

Ordering Kamiq, I asked the dealer about the possibility of replacing summer tires with all-season tires. Unfortunately, the seller said that this isn't possible. When I picked up the car, another seller said that he can sell me this type of tires , but it is a local offer (not authorised by Skoda Poland) and it is cheaper to buy it yourself (ca. Oponeo price with 25% dealer's margin). The next day after delivery, Kamiq had already changed tires to Dunlop, and I will try to sell a Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance summer tire soon.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Update for those with SE-L and Monte Carlo specs with 18 inch wheels wanting to order all season tyres before the seasonal price jump in next few weeks (order soon, even if fitting date is few weeks away to get lower summer prices)

215/45 R18 all season tyres still have very limited choice :

Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Hankook kinergy 4S 2

Maxxis Premitra AP3

Imperial all season driver

There is also a Goodride and Minerva tyre (but these seem to get some questionable reviews, so probably best avoided)

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you are familiar with Snowdaddy on aronaforums who posts there on these same issues. After 2 years of enduring the lack of glovebox light, rear seat lights and grab handles etc. I've given up with my '19 FR Sport and expect delivery of a new Kamiq SEL 1.0 tsi in next 3 weeks or so. The beauty is my winter tyres, spare wheel etc will swap straight over and to crown it all, due to current lack of new cars got a sensational trade in value for my Arona, only c. £3300 less than I paid for it 2 years and 8300 miles ago. Hopefully the Kamiq will address all my Arona niggles.

In the Kamiq brochure listed under accessories is 16" Nanuq alloy wheels with winter tyres at £555.00.  They show as suitable for the S, SE & SEL, but not the Monte Carlo.  Not sure why as I assumed there was no wheel (except the design) or suspension difference.

Probably a good value option compared to swapping tyres.

On 14/09/2021 at 13:00, e-Roottoot said:

£550 for 4 would be great.

A Scottish Motor group has them at £208 each  wheel/tyre. 

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 12.57.46.png

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 12.58.12.png

The Continental TS860 winter tyre in picture in second example, has been replaced by newer TS870 in size 205/60 R16, so anyone ordering should check the specs.

There is still a TS860 S (the high performance sport version) made in that size

• Like 1