[Help] Retrofit Parking Camera | ParkPilot not available

Hey everyone! 

I'm getting this message on my screen that says "Parkpilot is currently not available". 

I retrofitted my camera today and coded byte 19 "rearview camera enable" using OBDELEVEN. 

Does anyone knows what could it be?

Here a picture of my unit:20200926_204310.thumb.jpg.21c40e67f3d2186d121d1487269afbb5.jpg20200920_190216.thumb.jpg.7bced3ec64477834c13dd294b393fe09.jpg

Any help will be much appreciated :-)

@SashaGrace

Thank you for your reply!

I did the coding and the camera is getting its power from the rear wiper.

Still not working tho :-(

Maybe a software update will fix this? I've read in other forums that there was a bug in some software versions and owners went to their dealers to get an update.

@pab567 

Can you please help me? My Software version is in the first picture attached.

Many thanks!

Still good to check your joints, this is almost always a wiring issue for me, once you have constant, reliable power from the camera, the Park Pilot not available message is usually solved. Ensure you have very good joints and constant 12v on the camera and good video cables etc. I did one on 0468 recently so the firmware is usually decent.

Hey thanks again,

I've checked all the wires and joints and they seem to be okay and the camera is getting a constant 12V. I also brought a small TV and connected the camera and it works perfectly. 

I really dont know what to do.

Its strange because I only get the message once when I start the car, and I dont get anything when I put the car in reverse. 

Thank you @SashaGrace @pab567 very much for your time and help!

23 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Still good to check your joints, this is almost always a wiring issue for me, once you have constant, reliable power from the camera, the Park Pilot not available message is usually solved. Ensure you have very good joints and constant 12v on the camera and good video cables etc. I did one on 0468 recently so the firmware is usually decent.

I had that error flick up a few times until it stopped working altogether and it was bad connections. Re-made them at both ends and its been fine since. Trouble is, I don't know which end fixed it! :)

You did get the right NTSC camera didn't you? Want to post a link?

Edited by NikTheGeek

I just made a SW hoping it will fix the issue not it didnt.

I bought the camera from Aliexpress:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BP0FSl

I will check the video cable again.. I'm not sure I made the right connection on the headunit side. Or the short cable that goes into the headunit.

But the thing is, All the tutorials I've seen shows that the Parkpilot is working eventho the camera is not connected. 

The symptom you describe sounds like power issue. If you don’t have a good join on the power or the power is cut when the ignition is off you will get this message. You need a continuous 12v supply which the wiper usually is but in your case it might not be working for you. I wire them direct to the fusebox to avoid this issue.

You know what, I will rewire the power to the fusebox and post the results.

Also when I checked the power voltage that is supplied to the camera from the power relay it is a constant 11.98V. Maybe thats the problem? That it isnt an exact 12V?

45 minutes ago, HaronAshmoz said:

Also when I checked the power voltage that is supplied to the camera from the power relay it is a constant 11.98V. Maybe thats the problem? That it isnt an exact 12V?

"12V" is only a nominal number, in reality it can be quite a bit lower and even as high as 14.5V - so don't get stressed about 0.02V B)

4 hours ago, HaronAshmoz said:

But the thing is, All the tutorials I've seen shows that the Parkpilot is working eventho the camera is not connected. 

That's not the case. With the camera not connected or coded, then yes, Parkpilot works. But when the camera has been connected and coded and the car detects a fault (eg no power to the camera) then the whole Parkpilot is disabled with the "not available" error message.

Anyway, nice to see you got a connector with yours. I didn't, I had to cut wires and solder to metal pins :)

Hey guys!

I am abit embarrassed :biggrin:

The problem wasnt in the camera or the wiring at all, It was in the coding. 

I accidentaly watched a toturial on how to retrofit highline camera and adjusted the settings for Highline instead of Lowline camera. 

I changed it and now its all working fine!

@SashaGrace @pab567 @NikTheGeek

Thank you guys for your time and help!

• Like 2

Hi guys, I also have the same problem as @HaronAshmoz , I have read many topics but i haven't been able to solve it yet; I have a 2016 Octavia Scout with Amundsen MIB2 radio (0245 software version) and I installed an OEM highline camera purchased on skoda-parts.cz with its wiring, I did the coding but I always get black screen with the error "Park Pilot not available" every time I put the car in reverse .

I connected the + 12v to power supply of the MIB unit (also GND), I connected the CAN high and CAN low cables to those already existing in the quadlock and the two video pins, all as indicated in the diagram in the photo.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Camera.jpg

wiring.jpg

wiring2.jpg

Info version.JPG

6 hours ago, matbeva said:

Hi guys, I also have the same problem as @HaronAshmoz , I have read many topics but i haven't been able to solve it yet; I have a 2016 Octavia Scout with Amundsen MIB2 radio (0245 software version) and I installed an OEM highline camera purchased on skoda-parts.cz with its wiring, I did the coding but I always get black screen with the error "Park Pilot not available" every time I put the car in reverse .

I connected the + 12v to power supply of the MIB unit (also GND), I connected the CAN high and CAN low cables to those already existing in the quadlock and the two video pins, all as indicated in the diagram in the photo.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Camera.jpg

wiring.jpg

wiring2.jpg

Info version.JPG

I would connect to a constant 12v in the fusebox personally. Is there anything showing on the scan? Has the module been added to the gateway? Sounds like a video feed issue possibly.

Hi SashaGrace, thanks for your answer.

I will get power from the fuse box as you suggest (it was much easier to take power behind the MIB :biggrin: ), I will check with VCDS if I correctly added the module to the gateway.

The only doubt I have to solve is on the wiring, because 5 wires come out of the camera while there are only 4 wires on the wiring (excluding the video signal cable wich is separate).

camera connction.jpg

• 2 years later...