BMW driver.. pmsl

Neo_VR

well as soon as the x5 driver seen there wasnt anyone infont of me for a while he was literally about a foot off my rear bumper pushing me on, i wasnt going to have non of it- he disapeered driving like a complete goon too! blacked out windows and in black... why with a different badge it suddenly becomes a power to look down at other people and assume they will kiss their feet. audi drivers are normally ok you get the few door nobs that hog the outside lane or cut you up, thats another thing.... big bmw's cutting in when 2 roads file into 1 they stay right out til theres no room and they know you wont hit their car because it would be your fault:(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I live everyone drives like that. The BMW (c.1995 navy blue 318 with M badges and replica M alloys) is just incidental.

As the delivery driver who dropped a car off to me last week said, "My god, this place is a sh!theap. I've seen more considerate driving at Silverstone". He was from Dudley.

well as soon as the x5 driver seen there wasnt anyone infont of me for a while he was literally about a foot off my rear bumper pushing me on, i wasnt going to have non of it- he disapeered driving like a complete goon too! blacked out windows and in black... why with a different badge it suddenly becomes a power to look down at other people and assume they will kiss their feet. audi drivers are normally ok you get the few door nobs that hog the outside lane or cut you up, thats another thing.... big bmw's cutting in when 2 roads file into 1 they stay right out til theres no room and they know you wont hit their car because it would be your fault:(

if there was no body in front of you and no one on the inside lane then why were you sat in the outside lane leon?

'doing 90' has sod all to do with it, you were obviously holding him up so get out of his way.

i think i would have done the same to you(pass on the inside) if the other lanes were empty and you were sat in the fast playing with the big boys.

If you go just across the Channel to Amsterdam you can see BMW (and Audi, and Merc, and everything else) drivers driving fast, and courteously. They overtake, and then they pull straight back into the inside lane. It's the British BMW driver who is different from the rest, sadly :o

t's the British BMW driver who is different from the rest, sadly

Agree entirely the autobahns are a a pleasure to drive on. They will quite happily slow down to let you oull out and overtake then speed off again.

Like every brand there are good and bad drivers, however, I sadly think BMW in the 3 series has attracted a bad image. Personally I also think they are getting too common.

if there was no body in front of you and no one on the inside lane then why were you sat in the outside lane leon?

Was also just wondering how an X5 was able to safely undertake while Leon was on the brakes! No excuse for tailgating mind, but also no excuse for poor lane discipline :D

Chris

There's a few things about this, one is that too many British Drivers are impatient, arrogant and rude, the worst of which used to drive the 3 Series, but TBH I now think all the idiots are driving 'SUV' type things like the X5 and the **** Rover.

Agree though that driving abroad is often a revelation, especially Southern Germany.

Agree though that driving abroad is often a revelation, especially Southern Germany.

Germans expect other cars to be travelling fast, but, from what I saw of Autobahns, people will still overtake a lorry at 65mph whilst you're approaching them at 120mph+ The brakes get a good work-out!

British driving standards are far superior to that of most of the countries I've visited, although there are some worrying trends developing:

Mobile phone/text use -leading to 'weaving' along the motorway

Red light jumping - I see much more of it these days and some of it is ridiculously late. It's very dangerous and totally unnecessary.

On the other hand how many BMW drivers have u let out? :D

If it is safe and clear and iam able to let some1 out ill do it, But i also get P**sed off when people dont thank you when you let them out, somthing so simple to put your hand up just winds me right up!

Red light jumping - I see much more of it these days and some of it is ridiculously late. It's very dangerous and totally unnecessary.

hhmm.. reminds me.. i was behind a a french registered scenic at a red light, when the green filter light came on to turn right as there was nothing coming the other way decided he'd go, but crawled across the junction at bout 5mph :confused: most odd :confused:

If it is safe and clear and iam able to let some1 out ill do it, But i also get P**sed off when people dont thank you when you let them out, somthing so simple to put your hand up just winds me right up!

Unless I'm in near stationery traffic I never let anyone out, not because I'm mean and nasty but because I've found the people that need letting out are usually morons. You flash your lights to let them out as they're halfway across the road anyway, instead of going they just look at you blankly, so you have to stop, then they go, then they stop, then they go again, total muppetry from indecisive buffoons. And as for the retards who take it upon themselves to stop on a clear multi-lane road to wave you across their path, in complete ignorance of all other vehicles whose drivers are really not expecting this and are carrying on at 40MPH, this simply proves errors in Darwinian theory.

The one good and notable exception are van drivers, you let them out and they're gone in about 0.00002 seconds.

I give BMW drivers a good slagging like everybody else, and do my best to reinforce the stereotype, but I must admit their standard of driving seems to have improved significantly in recent years. I think prejudices against BMWs have little to do with the way they are driven and more to do with the whole "arrogant to$$er" tag. Given that BMW is an aspirational brand it's not really surprising that Mondeo man has made the switch. The problem is that the gulf between BMW and the other manufacturers in terms of quality and performance has narrowed so much over the years that you are paying over the odds for the badge on the bonnet (and to take the 318 badge off the back - it's got a pea-shooter exhaust, nobody will mistake it for a 330) but people are prepared to pay for that.

Incidentally the worst lane-hoggers I encounter these days are the retards in the mini-MPVs who stay in the offside lane for miles - they don't realise that if they pull in to the nearside you'll be past them with a quick blip of the throttle and they will be able to pull out again before that lorry that's about half a mile ahead.

Or they pull out into the offside lane of a short section of dual carriageway and try to get enough speed to pass the 2 or 3 cars in front so you can't get past, and then as soon as it's back to single carriageway and twisty corners they're back down at 45mph holding you up.

ive been let out of plenty of junctions by every sort of car. bmw's, mercs, aston martin :eek:. tbh the most trouble i have with people steaming down the a1 at 130 and generally being care free are vectra's and mondeo's. there always in a hurry and with their driving style, its proven that they will get more and more frustrated as the drive goes on and its generally the un patient that will lose there rag and road rage. i had a very nice m3 driver the other day move out of the "fast" lane as we were coming off the round about which suprised me very much.infact ever since ive bought the vex, people have been aware of me when im accelerating up to 70 and they move out the way more willingly nowadays. i think its easy to tell what sorta driver a person is gonna be behind a wheel and i would generally just move out the way and let them go by. i would also agree with the fact that suv's are getting more and more annoying. x5's and merc ml's... grrrr so in-conisderate when they drive.

(on a side note... i was "baited" for my first race the other day by a bmw 3 series. tinted windows and cheap asiatec (wolfrace) alloys on) i declined as personally i dont see the point on racing on public roads. also (warning snob time) the only thing i would consider racing on a track is the m3, none the other 3 series would keep up,in gear or 0-60. (snob time over) hehehh

regards

-ho

the only thing i would consider racing on a track is the m3' date=' none the other 3 series would keep up,in gear or 0-60. (snob time over) hehehh

regards

-ho[/quote']

i wouldn't be so coc k sure against a 535D if i were you :)

just noticed the 3 series part of it :doh:

a remapped 330D might scare you though

a remapped 330D might scare you though

I'd change "might" to "would" :D

A standard one would give you a good run too :)

However, as with all these "I can urinate higher than you" contests, the driver plays a very big part in it.

note to lozgti's m8

Buying an X3 is like buying a porsche boxter instead of the 911 means you couldnt afford the X5.

And As SKODA Drivers are 'old' old people normally drive smooth prestige's cars.

Buying an X3 is like buying a porsche boxter instead of the 911 means you couldnt afford the X5.

And As SKODA Drivers are 'old' old people normally drive smooth prestige's cars.

NB: I don't even own a Boxster :mecry:

I have to point out though that the Boxster is pretty much universally acclaimed as a very good car. Can't really say the same about the X3. Pretty much panned at the time of its release.

J.

My boss recently bought a nice S/H 330i. Took me for a run in it. Nice car. Sounds great :thumbup::thumbup: Well equipped. Smooth and fast :):)

But I couldn't help thinking...................."my vRS is faster" :D:D:D:D

He may be right - just point out to him that the Fabia is just as fast as the Veyron though - plenty of threads on here to back that up ;)

:rofl:

get back in the knife drawer!! meow!

Was also just wondering how an X5 was able to safely undertake while Leon was on the brakes! No excuse for tailgating mind' date=' but also no excuse for poor lane discipline :D

Chris[/quote']

i was goint to pull in but he didnt have the pateince to wait