Adding radio station logos on an Amundsen infotainment system

Macdemon

I believe there is an issue with the Amundsen infotainment system as far as adding radio station logos.

In the radio section there is an option to import logos from a UK database of radio stations, the problem I'm having is that the four radio stations I have saved do not have logos in this database.
Gold Radio, Heart 70s, Heart 80s and LBC.

I have been onto the internet and saved the logos onto a memory stick formatted to FAT32 as per the owners manual, and I have plugged this memory stick into the USB-C socket by the gear lever and the car is able to see the image files and display the logos on the screen so no problems there.

There IS however a problem trying to import these in order for the image files to be 'attached' to the saved stations in question.

I have spent a significant amount of time searching the menu system in order to locate how or where these logos can be imported into the infotainment system, but no such option is available.

I have contacted my dealer and he's looking into this for me, and a call to Skoda UK was a waste of time and effort as the lady I spoke to just kept asking me to get the head unit to display the radio station frequency and press on that to add the logo but there is no option to display the frequency at all.

I think this is just limited to the Amundsen system, as someone with a Bolero unit has successfully managed to accomplish this task.

Is anyone else having the same issues with their Skoda and the Amundsen infotainment system??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Macdemon,

Have you been able to resolve this query yet? 

I've tried entering my VIN at http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ which tells me that there is an updated radio logo file, but that the maps are updated by the car via its online connection. So I've tried putting this file onto a USB stick but found like you that the MIB3 Amundsen can't see the file when you tell it to load logos for the radio stations that don't have any. (Although I can see one for Times Radio which was missing earlier according to another owner, so perhaps they are still adding logos to the online file?)

It's annoying that some well-established national stations like Classic FM can't have a logo, while small regional stations do!

Chris 

12 hours ago, CJJE said:

So I've tried putting this file onto a USB stick but found like you that the MIB3 Amundsen can't see the file

have no idea about Mib3

on Mib2 High files must be extracted from archive not whole zip file

This seems to be a problem with the new MIB3 Amundsens. 

When you use the radio settings menu to add a station logo, it comes back with a menu letting you choose the logos it has stored for that radio station. But if there isn't one in its downloaded database, you can't tell it to look at a USB stick instead. 

Edited by CJJE

21 hours ago, jjc said:

Hi,

This is the same on the Columbus very annoying

John 

Yes it seems to be a general MIB 3 problem. But looking at the radio logo file on the Skoda Update portal, that doesn't have the missing logos either! So I tried using a file I'd obtained from VW last year instead, which did have the logos I wanted to add, but the car still can't see the logos to add.

• 4 weeks later...

I get all logos from here:

Heart 70s - logo for VW Infotainment car radio (media.info)

I put them on an SD card. Put it in the spare slot - my Amundsen has one slot for NAV and one for music or updates

Then used the System Update function on the head unit, pointed it to the logos folder and they all copy in.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

I've escalated this to the 'multi-media support' at Skoda UK. And I've also found that while I can play music files or video files via USB-C, I can't see still images on my MIB3 Amundsen. 

The support guy said he'd investigate with his technical support - who then came back and told him I could download the files onto an SD card or USB memory! He has reminded them that we now have MIB3 systems that don't let you add radio logos this way, and is promising to keep chasing an answer. (He's planning to visit a dealer to look at a car with a MIB3 system). 

I suspect that the Amundsen is seeing the radio logos actually transmitted by the radio stations, and relying on them being provided that way. But in practice the majority of stations save bandwidth by not transmitting that data! In which case we will probably have to wait for a software update to the MIB3 systems to allow us to add them ourselves as we used to on MIB1 and MIB2 systems.

Chris

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue with a Bolero in a Superb MKIII L&K, Model 2021. I have a USB-C and USB-A data ports (no SD card slot), and when I try to update a station logo, the file manager does not even pop up in order to access the USB ports.:crying:

The Skoda update site, does offer me station logos JPG files when I type my car's VIN....

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2020 at 22:07, camelspyyder said:

I get all logos from here:

Heart 70s - logo for VW Infotainment car radio (media.info)

I put them on an SD card. Put it in the spare slot - my Amundsen has one slot for NAV and one for music or updates

Then used the System Update function on the head unit, pointed it to the logos folder and they all copy in.

How did you achieve it? All the instructions through radio > settings > logo update etc. Basically If I will download radio logo pack from update skoda and add all the logos on empty sd card root directory, Can I use system update?

Also as I understand these logos are not stored per country right?

Edited by candasm

It was easy when I last did it 2 years ago. My MIB2 amundsen has all the electronics in the glove box with 2x SD slots. 

One slot holds the Nav SD, so put all logos in a folder on another SD card in the spare slot.

Select System Update (I have no recall of which menu its in).

Follow the prompt to select your folder of logos. 

Takes seconds.

Restart head unit.

Done.

On 25/08/2022 at 00:21, camelspyyder said:

It was easy when I last did it 2 years ago. My MIB2 amundsen has all the electronics in the glove box with 2x SD slots. 

One slot holds the Nav SD, so put all logos in a folder on another SD card in the spare slot.

Select System Update (I have no recall of which menu its in).

Follow the prompt to select your folder of logos. 

Takes seconds.

Restart head unit.

Done.

Thanks,

This method also works for MIB2.5 (which I have on my other car, Passat B8 YM2016).
Unfortunately, in my Superb, YM2021, which has MIB3, reading the radio stations logos from SD/USB device, is no longer available... 😞

• Like 1