RIP Sir Sean Connery

moley

A hard one. Sir Sean has been a bit of a living legend for a long time up here. 

I was a fan. Best Bond, maybe because he was the first but also he was free to be the character from the books. Apparently even Ian Fleming approved. 

Not just Bond though, Sean was a great turn in lots of things, most quite lighthearted. He was the best thing in Indiana Jones 3, the Rock, and lots of other things. 

I'd recommend you check out The Hill. It's a heavier piece of Seans work than most things. Very good though. And I really like him in the space western Outland. 

My Dad also looks fair bit like Sir Sean although 16 years younger. 

I think the milkman / coffin polisher from Edinburgh did ok. 

• Like 2

RIP. 

My Mum is 6 years older than he was.

She worked at the St Cuthberts Co-op bakery when he worked on the milk rounds, and she always said that his age was given wrong as years ago he was supposedly 10 years younger than her.

Edited by e-Roottoot

On 31/10/2020 at 19:32, e-Roottoot said:

RIP. 

My Mum is 6 years older than he was.

She worked at the St Cuthberts Co-op bakery when he worked on the milk rounds, and she always said that his age was given wrong as years ago he was supposedly 10 years younger than her.

Kylie Minogue was 24 for about 20yr wasn't she?

I didn't know till the obituaries that when people say "Connery was Bond", actually in the later books Connery WAS Bond.

Apparently Ian Fleming, although unconvinced with Connery to start with, was so impressed he wrote the later books to match Connery adding Scottish ancestry etc