Assistance system failure

Has anyone came across and resolved the issue with assistance systems error messages such as:

- side assist not availabe at the moment

- parking sensors not available at the moment

- emergency brake not available

link to YT video with error messages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiijDlGCjOI

Language is set to Slovenian, but i hope you'll get the point. 

Those messages appear and disappear, sometimes just the error for parking sensors keeps lit and disappears only after car has been turned off for certain period of time. 

This issue started almost immediatelly after i got the car in end of August and problem for me is still not resolved. I reported the problem to my dealer who uploaded couple of new protocols into the car, but issue keeps poping out. Finally when they ran out of options, they reported the error to the factory and now i am waiting for the fix from Škoda itself. 

So, has anyone came across with such issue? I hear there are same problems on Golf 8. The issue is quite bothering since error messages pop out almost on daily basis now. 

IMG_20200916_083049.jpg

IMG_20200916_083003_1.jpg

IMG_20200916_083042.jpg

Rather spookily, I had a similar issue yesterday when I had had an error message flash up saying Front Assist not available at this time. This has not happened before and the two times it happened was when I had entered thick mist / light fog so I attributed the error to the atmospheric conditions affecting the front sensor. The warning triangle disappeared when the mist cleared.

Annoyingly though, I think I'd want this function to be working in these conditions just in case, but as my speeds are greatly in these conditions I'm not losing sleep over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we've had exactly that. in fact it happened the day we picked it up from the dealer 2 weeks ago, after having driven less than a mile, so we went straight back and they spent 60 mins in the workshop with it to "reset things".  it's been ok on a couple of short trips since then, but popped up again today. stopping the car few a couple of minutes and restarting it, seemed to clear the error. 

We'll see how we get on over the next few days.. 

Well this problem is still unresolved with my Octavia (purchased 28.8.2020, model year 2021, 2.0. Tdi dsg, style) 

Problems started soon after i got it, reported to the dealer, got couple of updated protocols but nothing solved the problem. Finnaly they reported it to the factory and i was told to wait for their feedback and potential software upgrade (i think my version of SW was 1664).

In the meantime my stearing wheel (3 spoke heathed wheel) started to make small noises when slightly/gently turning it. Very annoying sound which again i reported it to the dealer. They disconected the wheel and checked whats is the problem and decided to change the small part behind the wheel (dont know the wording in english, smthg like "curler" or "roller", symbol no. 21 on the attached picture, though the picture does not belong to Octavia nor Skoda, its just for better understanding). I have waited almost 3 weeks for that spare part to arrive and today i had it replaced. Paralel to that they also got the SW update from Skoda (version 1666, size of over 8gb) which should also fix the original problems with asistance failures.

They also came to the idea that assistance errors were connected with steering wheel problems. 

So, long story short, when i drove away, steering wheel still makes the sounds (i saw the replaced part with my eyes, so yes the had it replaced) and after couple of miles assistance errors popped out again. 

And im back at square one again. Reported back immediatelly, they video recorded the wheel while making the sounds and will report again to the factory along with still popping assistance errors. 

Dont know how long i will remain kind and patient, its starting to annoy me intensly. 

Will report, when i have more news 🙅‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

169399.png

I had somethimg like this once. After I stopped the car and restarted it it cleared. My guess was that, like my PC at home, sometimes the computer technology doesn't boot correctly. It hasn't happened again.

On 08/11/2020 at 00:23, Soko1982 said:

Hey there, sorry for going off topic, but couldn't have noticed the font on your speedo/tachometer. Mine looks different and yours just looks better. Could you give me some instructions how to do that? Here's a pic of mine:

cluster.jpg

aaa ok i see the difference now... dont know, i had mine like this since i got it...there might be some option to change the "skin" on the graphichs...dont know sorry.

21 hours ago, LukasJDM said:

Hey there, sorry for going off topic, but couldn't have noticed the font on your speedo/tachometer. Mine looks different and yours just looks better. Could you give me some instructions how to do that? Here's a pic of mine:

cluster.jpg

if you change your screen by using steering wheel dial where it says your fuel in the dash, scroll through to background and you have 3 options, black, coloured or something else i cant remember top of my head, 

On 23/11/2020 at 16:30, Soko1982 said:

to be honest i don't see the difference but the background collor which depends on your ambient lightning settings. 

IMG_20201120_161601.jpg

ive just noticed how did you get the speed limit to show on dash? Mine only shows on infotainment when on nav 

4 minutes ago, Soko1982 said:

maybe because i have Travel assist with active sign recognition specked... u have it also?

ahhhh i dont think i have that, you would think if the sat nav knows the speed limit it could use that to display the limit

well i'm not sure that for showing that speed limit is essential to have travel assist...try checking your car settings, i know you can switch these infos on your active display in the settings, but as said i don't know if having travel assist has got anything to do with that.

1 hour ago, Soko1982 said:

well i'm not sure that for showing that speed limit is essential to have travel assist...try checking your car settings, i know you can switch these infos on your active display in the settings, but as said i don't know if having travel assist has got anything to do with that.

yeah my guess is you need travel assist 

17 hours ago, Matmacka said:

if you change your screen by using steering wheel dial where it says your fuel in the dash, scroll through to background and you have 3 options, black, coloured or something else i cant remember top of my head, 

Yeah, I found this setting, but it only changes the background, not the font... Sat for nearly half an hour fiddling with the settings and still couldn't find it. Another question for Škoda I guess :D

2 hours ago, LukasJDM said:

Yeah, I found this setting, but it only changes the background, not the font... Sat for nearly half an hour fiddling with the settings and still couldn't find it. Another question for Škoda I guess :D

you cant change the font

Sadly I am experiencing exactly the same error / fault notifications on my new Octavia SE L First Edition DSG.  Happened fairly regularly and reported to Dealer who said it was down to the high sensitivity of the sensors - yes.  Could be the bad weather.  I explained that it happens on a beautiful sunny day so that negates that excuse.   Like comments here I don't think I am being unreasonable to expect it to work especially in inclement conditions when it is most valuable.  Obviously a fault which Skoda will need to address with some urgency.  Certainly it is unacceptable.

Will update as and when I can obtain some assistance from Skoda.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I had similar problems with my Skoda Octavia Est 2.0 TDITDI 150 SEL DSG 1st Edition, within a week of getting it, in March 2020.

I tried to replicate the error (having dealt with other car dealers) and finally found out that it had to do with the car key not being in close enough proximity (enough for normally functioning cars, but not mine) to the ignition (push start). As long as I kept my key touching the 'push start' when I started the car, I would not get the error. Also, the key had to be close to the start button (on the seat/dash) just in case the 'start/stop' switched the car off; if it was not close enough when that happened, the errors mentioned above would recur!

I mentioned this to the car dealer I got it from, who is not located close to where I live, and he casually asked me take it to the local Skoda dealer and said that he had not idea about problems such as this, till now.

Later on I started having problems with my 'SOS' system activating for no reason, after a feedback like noise (like when a mic is taken out or plugged into a speaker's socket).

This is when I took it into my local dealer's. They kept it in for 3 days and they did "software updates". While I was there , I heard them talk about random cars with "recalls" and if a specific car was a car with "all those recalls" when asked for updates.

Finally, when I got my car back and on the very same day, while I was setting up 'mySkoda' and 'user' on my car, the rear traffic alert, parking sensor and emergency brake errors popped up once, but did not stay active (unlike how it would before the updates). Also, now I do not need to keep the key close to the push start to prevent these errors from happening. One person who was working on my car acknowledged that they knew of this error and that during an "update for a car" they had to stick the key to the ignition, or the update would not take!

The SOS error seems to be slightly worse than earlier (but I only noticed these after a week or more of driving around) and I think, possibly, this seems to happen in specific areas that I drive in (though that observation is based on one specific area close to my work). As I do not drive regularly, I am not sure if the errors are being noticed more, as I am driving more than usual, at the moment.

I hope that all makes sense and is helpful in some way.

I would dare to say that you dont start driving the car before the system properly starts. Especially do not shift to reverse which shows rear camera on the screen. These are the situations when some of the assistance systems report errors in my case. Also, this may happen if my windshield is partially frozen blocking some of the sensors. Mist also makes sense...

Sadly even with all the updates, I get these quite often, Not Available:  front assist, parking sensors, camera, airbag , then as quite as they appear they disappear, have called my car Hogwarts as it's a right magician of moments, along with vanishing act of Skoda Connect Servers 🧙