Lack of SD card slots

Afternoon all,

Had my  SE L 1.5tsi first Ed for week now and finally getting round to reading up on it and exploring car properly.

Have had previous elegance octavia and also own Superb SE L 67 plate 2.0 Tdi.

All have SD slots for both Nav and Music . New one hasn't.

Have noticed USB c slots dotted about .Whats my best way to hook some music up.

Not really for me as im happy with amazon unltd which as use via bluetooth in car ,for missus and child.

Really enjoying car up to now but does have some little niggles like maybe too much reliance on touch screen even for climate controls.

Also has strange habit of activating lane assist all time even when i've set to off?

any advice much appreciated 

The really simple way is something that's staring you in the face - use a USB-C storage device. Granted they may not be as common as the older versions but they are out there. :thumbup:

Alternatively why not have a suitable small cable to a different USB device instead?

The dealer gave me a couple USB-C adapters, they were SEAT branded ones because Skoda hadn't sent theirs out yet but he said all the new mk4s should have these in the welcome pack thing (the keyrings, mugs, lanyards etc in the box they give you).  

29 minutes ago, WhiskyJamJar said:

The dealer gave me a couple USB-C adapters, they were SEAT branded ones because Skoda hadn't sent theirs out yet but he said all the new mk4s should have these in the welcome pack thing (the keyrings, mugs, lanyards etc in the box they give you).  

erm come again whats this welcome pack thing? I never got any of this

1 hour ago, Matmacka said:

It’s a small cardboard presentation box containing a travel mug, key rings and a pen. Or it was back in 2017 when I got mine. 

No welcome pack here but mine was a lease, (although did come straight from the supplying dealer). I ended up buying a pair from Amazon which are nice and small, think they cost about £6

No welcome pack here either. With the MK3 I got a pen, a large mug and a steel key fob that was far too big for any practical use. I gave it back, apart from the pen. I got the Amazon USB converters which are very neat and £7 for two. With USB C you can't put the plugs in the wrong way round, they say.

19 hours ago, Matmacka said:

Me neither

Another dilema has arose also .

Due to work i do i have works Sat Nav with pre loaded POIs that get me to locations quick ,now due to no 12v socket in front of car cannot power sat nav (maybe due to usb being 5v and sat nav 12 v im thinkling),di notice another usb type port next to mirror is this for sat nav or dash cam ?

Any idea how im going to power sat nav now?

Thanks for previous responses. :)

19 hours ago, Matmacka said:

Me neither

Another dilema has arose also .

Due to work i do i have works Sat Nav with pre loaded POIs that get me to locations quick ,now due to no 12v socket in front of car cannot power sat nav (maybe due to usb being 5v and sat nav 12 v im thinkling),di notice another usb type port next to mirror is this for sat nav or dash cam ?

Any idea how im going to power sat nav now?

Thanks for previous responses. :)

Need to get USB C to normal USB 5v to 12v . Sat Nav has USB going into 12v old plug so i can go usb c to usb but need to step up volatge from cars 5v to sat navs 12 v .

Proper pain this as presumed car would have 12v in front. Also going to mess up all my laptop connections as well.

As they say fail to prepare and all that . :(

5 hours ago, PaulStevo said:

Need to get USB C to normal USB 5v to 12v . Sat Nav has USB going into 12v old plug so i can go usb c to usb but need to step up volatge from cars 5v to sat navs 12 v .

Proper pain this as presumed car would have 12v in front. Also going to mess up all my laptop connections as well.

As they say fail to prepare and all that . :(

If your sat nav has a USB connector on it then it will NOT need 12V (no USB connectors have ever used 12V), all you need is a USB-C to USB lead.

Edited by PetrolDave

Thanks for info gents took punt on these and as advised Nav works and external usb is showing in media in car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blukar-Adapter-Thunderbolt-MacBook-Devices/dp/B08CRV8V7R/ref=sr_1_36?dchild=1&keywords=usb+c+to+usb+adapter&qid=1605544443&s=electronics&sr=1-36

Still any idea what the small female opening is next to mirror drivers side?

56 minutes ago, PaulStevo said:

Thanks for info gents took punt on these and as advised Nav works and external usb is showing in media in car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blukar-Adapter-Thunderbolt-MacBook-Devices/dp/B08CRV8V7R/ref=sr_1_36?dchild=1&keywords=usb+c+to+usb+adapter&qid=1605544443&s=electronics&sr=1-36

Still any idea what the small female opening is next to mirror drivers side?

It's a usb c port to power a dash cam, (or anything else you want ) that you'd stick near the mirror. Saves trailing wires.

• Like 1