No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2020 at 08:57, BBDom said:

Also check if you have any chargers or sat nav supplies plugged in anywhere as these can cause interference which will mess up the DAB signal

Can Dash Cam Hard Wired to fuse box cause any problems?

1 minute ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

Yes, it can block the DAB signal completely 

Not good system it was suggested by Skoda Dealer that the Aerial was behind the Dashboard and it was £18.95 for a aerial and £105 for fitting lol 

3 minutes ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

The dab antenna is in the rear windscreen

Are you saying a new rear screen? Or is there a aerial amp in pillar somewhere that needs replacing?

I'm pretty sure James is suggesting the DC-DC adaptor in the hardwire kit could be causing interference, not that you need to start replacing things.

A good starting point would be to unplug it's fuse to see if that helps improve things.

• Like 1

It tends to be the GPS element of the dash cam that interferes with DAB. the use of certain dash cams or the routing of the cables can have a negative input on the DAB function. 

As above - try using DAB with the dash cam disconnected. If the dash cam or it's wiring is the culprit then fit a ferrite filter block to the wiring near the camera to see if it helps.

33 minutes ago, CJW1973 said:

There no GPS connected to my Dash cams

I've seen the switch mode power supplies for dash cams radiate interference on many frequencies. It shouldn't make much of a difference if it has GPS or not.

Some of the kit we build at work kills our office DAB radio dead until I put it in a shielded container. Even then, it can radiate from the power cables if we're not careful.

It might be a bit of a stab in the dark for you but certainly the first place I'd look. Even if the dash cam isn't turned on, the power supply will still potentially interfere with your DAB if hard wired.

Thank you for everyone help I tried all your ideas not one worked still no Signal taken Cd Unit main Source all connected. Taken centre screen out all connected. 

I am baffled were else to look.

Can I connect a aftermarket DAB aerial to these units?