Replacement/Aftermarket shifter for DSG Gearstick

Hi John_20v,

Yes, thats theshifter i have. I want to get onethat is a perfect fi an where i do not have to make any modifications to. Do you know a site where I can browse and select a new one?. Thanks for replying

• 1 month later...

It’s the same function as before.

that red pin/stick holds it in place. You remove it. Slot the gear knob on, then press the button , which engages it. 

If you press the button before all that, it messes up and you have to reset it, which is a right pain in the ass.

Odd question, but in keeping with the topic - it's it possible to replace just the button? Noticed the chrome is lifting at the top edge on mine, and since there's no other wear it seems a waste to replace the whole thing if replacing just the button is a possibility.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi sorry for bringing back this old post 

I see the RS3 knob fits the Octavia mk3 however just wanted to check would a normal S line 8v version ? As long as it’s auto and is rear button ? My knob is getting warn !!