Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

Germany's vaccine commission has approved the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab in people aged over 65.

The country previously approved it for under-65s only, citing insufficient data on its effects on older people.

That led to public scepticism about its effectiveness, with some Germans spurning it and leaving many doses unused.

But German Chancellor Angela Merkel said recent studies had now provided enough data to approve it for all ages.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56275342

28 minutes ago, moley said:

Just being helpful and keep the peace.

I think most folk reference the Worldometer site for the stats as it's very comprehensive. 

Also why did Lee quote the wrong lower figure? Poland saw their highest 1 day figure yesterday triggering a third wave with 15,701 (source Worldometer) the highest since November 2020. Also reported on BBC News today.

Recent research has shown that the wealthier and therefore unhealthy countries have borne the worst of the Covid-19 deaths Worldwide with 90% of all deaths in countries where at least 50% of the population is obese (technically overweight). This is the case with many First World developed countries compared to poorer countries where people just can't afford to eat too many calories.

• Like 1

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Recent research has shown that the wealthier and therefore unhealthy countries have borne the worst of the Covid-19 deaths Worldwide with 90% of all deaths in countries where at least 50% of the population is obese (technically overweight). This is the case with many First World developed countries compared to poorer countries where people just can't afford to eat too many calories.

WHAT RECENT RESEARCH? LINK!

33 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Also why did Lee quote the wrong lower figure?

I quoted the figure from the OFFICIAL RKI website rather than some website that may have inaccurate unofficial figures.

36 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

RKI figures for today 04/03/2021 in Germany 11,912 new cases quite a jump from the 9,019 figure.

Whilst that figure is correct, yet again you failed to post a link for others to check. How you keep getting away with it is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, moley said:

Just being helpful and keep the peace.

I think most folk reference the Worldometer site for the stats as it's very comprehensive. 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Also why did Lee quote the wrong lower figure? Poland saw their highest 1 day figure yesterday triggering a third wave with 15,701 (source Worldometer) the highest since November 2020. Also reported on BBC News today.

32 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

RKI figures for today 04/03/2021 in Germany 11,912 new cases quite a jump from the 9,019 figure.

@shyVRS245 As you can see @moley has been helping you out by furnishing HYPERLINKS - can you please ensure that you do it yourself in future.

No link = no post

or

post with no link = free holiday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

@shyVRS245 As you can see @moley has been helping you out by furnishing HYPERLINKS - can you please ensure that you do it yourself in future.

No link = no post

or

post with no link = free holiday.

With all due respect @john999boy there are a few posts over the last couple of pages from a number of posters stating info without substantiation or links - Eg ones about numbers or jabs being delivered by a date to name but two (to give balance).  So singling out @shyVRS245 seems a bit unfair?  Also a number of posts have backed up and supplied links for others in the past.

Edited by skomaz
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

With all due respect @john999boy there are a few posts over the last couple of pages from a number of posters stating info without substantiation or links - so singling out @shyVRS245 seems a bit unfair?  Eh ones about numbers being wrong or jabs being delivered by a date to name but two (to give balance).

Without getting into the nitty gritty, I am 100% sure that Shy will agree with my post. I’m also sure that if I keep on looking back I’ll see other instances where people need a nudge. In this case, I’m looking at what’s on this page.

However, feel free to remind me in future about the last paragraph in my previous post if the need arises. 
I’d rather you didn’t have cause to but that’s down to self moderation and thread compliance. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Just now, gadgetman said:

This is something I recall you demanded was put in place? 

Indeed as I would like ALL parties to adhere to it...   Hence my comment to John as not all posters are doing so...   It's not just Shy.

Only 200 doses available locally for one surgery 10-17th. 

4 medical centres make up the local hub, so that's the 800 I mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Assume this is for 1st dose as they mention booking. 2nd jabs have been booked at the time of the 1st. 

Link - https://www.facebook.com/106673967959144/posts/157882686171605/

14 minutes ago, moley said:

Not true. Surgeries send out links to a booking portal unique to each person. 

• Like 1

I had a look myself; the FB page has a phone number for the surgery, a link to their website and the address.
It's fairly common for small businesses to update people on their FB page as that's how the modern world is. 
Seems a legit enough link IMO.

Edited by Lee01

Whilst I agree that fb link was legit, I have just seen the below, which to me at least is far more worrying:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/italy-blocks-export-of-250000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-to-australia

Take the EU/UK out of this and Italy has just crossed a line which means others may follow.  All under claims of a commercial contract that was leaked then shared and it was widely accepted the contract wasn’t a hard commitment.

It is now acceptable to refuse legitimately purchased vaccines from getting to the recipients. This is Australia too, what will happen if it’s a third world country the vaccine is for?

Hopefully others won’t follow this path.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Whilst I agree that fb link was legit, I have just seen the below, which to me at least is far more worrying:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/italy-blocks-export-of-250000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-to-australia

Take the EU/UK out of this and Italy has just crossed a line which means others may follow.  All under claims of a commercial contract that was leaked then shared and it was widely accepted the contract wasn’t a hard commitment.

It is now acceptable to refuse legitimately purchased vaccines from getting to the recipients. This is Australia too, what will happen if it’s a third world country the vaccine is for?

Hopefully others won’t follow this path.

As I've said before, it's everyone for themselves. 

We would behave no differently if we weren't getting our deliveries, but they were being exported elsewhere. 

In an ideal world it would be issued proportionally so everyone got a share. 

As you say, what about the 3rd World countries? Unless they get doses, this will be dragged out for another 18 months with potential for further mutations 

• Like 1