Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

I just read on The Ferret about Leaked WhatsApp messages from Nicola Sturgeon MSP.  Former First Minister of Scotland.

No idea if true, but seemingly they include, Accurate statements like.

describing Matt Hancock as "weaker than a nuns p!ss".  Liz Truss as "about as much use as a marzipan dildo."  & Suella Braverman as "****ler." (Sh -itler)

She has a way with words if these are hers. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

£75 million of Michelle Mone and her husband Doug Barrowman's asstes have been frozen by the NCA while they investigae their corrupt business practices.

• 1 month later...

NOTICE TO USERS IN FRANCE

Because of French government demands to remove creators from our platform, Rumble is currently unavailable in France. We are challenging these government demands and hope to restore access soon.

If Mr Brand is who I think he is the above will dovetail nicely with his conspiracy theories.

What basically did he have to say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

What basically did he have to say?

Think this is broadly similar:

Gaz

Russel Brand = large pinch of salt.

Public health authorities say the Covid-19 vaccines have saved lives, but a Canadian report shared across platforms estimates the shots have killed 17 million people globally. This is false; government agencies and independent experts worldwide told AFP the findings are flawed and that only a minuscule percentage of deaths among the vaccinated can be attributed to the jabs

https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.33XF3CN

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Think this is broadly similar:

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, I could not bear to listen to his manner of delivery even with skipping through, I dont know if that is a fortunate or unfortunate thing!

23 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm a little cautious about Russell Brand, but there are some undeniable issues surrounding the who area of vaccines in general, and COVID-19 vaccines in particular.

Vaccines almost always have some sort of risk attached to them. The risks are usually downplayed, as they are usually very small, and the benefits of getting vaccinated against something horrible usually outweigh the small risk of side-effects.

What's been unusual about the COVID-19 vaccines has been the almost universal prohibition on discussion of efficacy and safety of the COVID-19 vaccines until fairly recently.

Instead of responding to misinformation with correct information, the response has been to silence the alleged misinformation.

That's all well and good until it turns out that the misinformation was not entirely incorrect.

There are a few issues that I could address, but I'll try and limit what I get into.

1) Adverse events:

There is a lot of noise surrounding adverse events following COVID-19 vaccination. This was noise that was previously suppressed during the prohibition on discussion of efficacy and safety, but now the prohibition has been lifted on YouTube and Twitter, (and probably other platforms too), what would probably have been a small trickle of reports of adverse events, all appear relatively simultaneously and make things look very bleak indeed. Reporting has been poor, clear establishment of a link between an adverse event and a vaccine was hindered by the prohibition on discussion. It's all a bit of a mess.

2) Vaccine efficacy.

Given that the very definition of "vaccine" was redefined to accommodate the new experimental vaccines, the claim "safe and effective" has been thrown around with abandon. It's also notable that Boris Johnson spent a lot of time talking about "The Jab" rather than referring to it as a vaccine. This may have been a colloquialism, but as he's quite verbose and eloquent (not a fault, I hasten to add 😎), it seems at odds with his usual style of presenting a message. I dunno. But there was a clear diminution of claims of the COVID-19 vaccine efficacy as time progressed. Certainly, it is unusual for a vaccine to require so many boosters in a relatively short period of time, though I'm happy to be corrected if anyone can point me to another vaccine that required several shots within a couple of years to remain effective.

A good timeline of efficacy claims can be seen here.

https://rumble.com/vnouq3-twitter-user-video-showing-the-shifting-narrative-in-vaccine-efficacy.html?mref=6zof&mrefc=2

3) Mandates.

We have gone from trying to coerce people into getting the COVID vaccines to the point of sacking them if they didn't (All UK care workers), to denying there was any coercion. That has already resulted in some litigation with people claiming adverse events resulting from a mandated vaccine. Personally, I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg on this issue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12015497/Australian-government-hit-class-action-lawsuit-Covid-vaccines.html

4) Clots.

I remember being warned against "The Clot-Shot" as it was called at the start of the roll-out. I didn't understand what they were on about, but now it has emerged that there are some sort of weird clots that have been reported, mainly but not always, post mortem. They've been described as being like calamari in texture, and seem to form as some sort of weird coagulated cast of the blood vessels. The issue was raised by undertakers who were having trouble passing embalming fluid through deceased bodies in preparation for families paying their final respects. They investigated and found the "clots".

Here's a discussion on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLl69c46JK0

5) Damage Control

Given that so many people had the COVID-19 vaccines, Governments around the world who collaborated to make sure everyone got vaccinated (I know people who got vaccinated purely as they needed the "vaccine passport" to allow them to go on holiday) are going to struggle to admit they made a mistake, if indeed they did, as that opens up a world of liability. Liability the vaccine manufacturers did their best to avoid, as it happens. Liability will rest with the entities authorising and mandating their use, which I expect will be the taxpayer, in most instances.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-astrazeneca-results-vaccine-liability/astrazeneca-to-be-exempt-from-coronavirus-vaccine-liability-claims-in-most-countries-idUSKCN24V2EN/

I believe most of the adverse events from the COVID-19 vaccinations are real, but I suspect the number of them appears larger than the actual incidences, simply as they are all being reported in a short time.

As a percentage of those who were vaccinated, adverse events seem so far to be fairly low. But given the revolutionary nature of some of the vaccines, it's early days yet.

Edited by EnterName
gramatical correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

I'm a little cautious about Russell Brand, ...

And I think rightly so.  Like Lee said (and as with most stuff on the interwebnet IMO), it's important to keep the salt handy, by the pinch/spoon/shovelful.  I like to try to see all perspectives, and then make my own mind up, once/if I feel sufficiently informed.  With Russell I try to see past his flamboyance and delivery, and more at the content.  And a hit piece on someone will oft pique my interest in said person, to see if they're truly awful, or if they're just being discredited/silenced.

I find the whole Covid thing quite disconcerting.  I was at the time in a priority group and my employer went out of their way to ensure I got vaccinated.  For which I was most grateful, again, at the time.  Now I'm not so sure.  Particularly seeing colleagues and friends who chose not to be vaccinated fairing no better or worse than I did in the four times I've had it. 

G

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

With Russell I try to see past his flamboyance and delivery, and more at the content.  And a hit piece on someone will oft pique my interest in said person, to see if they're truly awful, or if they're just being discredited/silenced.

Me as well which is why I tried to watch it, he may be a truly awful person I dont know, his message might be very valid but I'm ashamed to admit I found his delivery awful and could not listen to any more, at least I tried.

I'm probably in a minority because people pay to watch him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I find the whole Covid thing quite disconcerting.  I was at the time in a priority group and my employer went out of their way to ensure I got vaccinated.  For which I was most grateful, again, at the time.  Now I'm not so sure.  Particularly seeing colleagues and friends who chose not to be vaccinated fairing no better or worse than I did in the four times I've had it.

I don't think it's helpful to try and second-guess your decision at the time, @Gaz.

We all made the best decision we could at the time with the information available to use.

It's frustrating that there was a concerted effort almost everywhere to ensure that the information available was only from one perspective, but that's not your fault, though clearly some people are to blame for that.

Personally, I try and source information from all over the place, and then try and pick holes in it to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

It's not easy, and I'm not always correct in what I determine is good information and what I determine is bad.

I suspect few people are.

Determining the facts of the COVID debacle was made more difficult by some deliberate bad actors spreading propaganda. Videos of people keeling over and convulsing in Japan which later turned out to be from films. We had the "Don't panic, we'll achieve herd immunity in fairly short order.". Then within days, there was a mad panic, everything got shut down, and the fear of God was put into everyone.

We had a "Don't wear masks, you don't need them!" narrative for a while, which was quickly reversed to a "You have to wear a mask!!" narrative.

We had "Kids don't need the vaccine." through "Kids can have the vaccine." then to "Kids shouldn't have the vaccine.".

Making the "right" decision in based on such ever-changing information was more luck than judgement, and it remains to be seen whether for any individual, their decision was correct.

There were calls for medical treatment to be withheld from people who were not vaccinated, and some doctors threatened to withhold treatment for unvaccinated patients.

There was some unforgivable behaviour from people in positions of power and influence, IMO.

https://archive.md/S2SEv

image.thumb.png.8d2a336d8adcf43cf5041db526484c91.png

As I've said before, revealed preference always trumps expressed preference.

So when I saw what people said on camera was at odds with how they behaved, that was quite a red flag for me.

Also telling for me, were people on Twitter making oaths that they'd NEVER take Trump's rushed experimental vaccine, but as soon as Biden got into office, they were calling for mandates for the "rushed experimental vaccine." The media contradictions were ridiculous, too, though most of the truly egregious stuff has been memory-holed or stealth-edited to make them slightly less egregious.

It was disappointing how there were two clear camps on the issue who, unable to get to the facts of the matter, simply pushed their "Get it!" or "Don't get it!" message, with the "get it's" having the absolute control on social media, legacy media and formal information outlets. The "Don't get it's" were silenced everywhere they dare speak out against what was happening, until very recently.

Oh yeah, the "Don't get it's" got called "conspiracy theorists" too, which seems to be the go-to smear for people trying to silence dissent.

I imagine the fall-out from all this will continue for some time.

Edited by EnterName
Couple of typos tided up.

Maybe Bridgend had a dose or two of Covid himself 🤷 

Fortunately I never caught it myself and had the Vax plus Boosters which were all Pfizer/ Moderna based. Astra Zeneca don't seem to fare so well as I see it. Don't some Tories have big stakes in AZ? 

https://theconversation.com/mounting-research-shows-that-covid-19-leaves-its-mark-on-the-brain-including-with-significant-drops-in-iq-scores-224216?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=bylinetwitterbutton

20240229_194756.thumb.jpg.21b74056f8ccc82b7f84d2ea6762776a.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J.R. said:

Me as well which is why I tried to watch it, he may be a truly awful person I dont know, his message might be very valid but I'm ashamed to admit I found his delivery awful and could not listen to any more, at least I tried.

I'm probably in a minority because people pay to watch him.

Perhaps check his Wikipedia page and scroll down to the section on sexual misconduct allegations after you read the bit about him spreading conspiracy theories. 

He's another wrongun. 

Teflon Gove MP will no doubt have just forgotten about the hospitality and tickets to the football from the person that donates towards his political career and that got PPE contracts.   So many people are generous towards him.   This David Mellor is not to be mistaken with to the ex Politician.    I wonder if Gover is up to his home town for the Scottish Conservative and Unionist and party convention.    Paying his own travel expenses if he is on not Government Business.     Maybe he will be on Government business and can advise Aberdeen Council about the council tenants who's houses have to be demolished because of the concrete failing.  Not that Housing in Scotland in anything to do now with Westminster.  It was when the housing and other building were built. Also when the life of these buildings was known. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, @Lee said:

Just a weirdo MP Anti lockdown anti Vax fruitlooop calling for health professionals who tried to protect the public to be hung for doing their job in the House of Commons today. 

Penny Mordaunt rightly telling him to STFU 

This sort of "Get it" discourse is why we there is so much bad feeling. No attempt to engage with the points raised, just "Shut it down!".

Very divisive and short-sighted, IMO.

Still, at least AB hasn't been memory-holed, so we'll see if his words stand the test of time.