It's done. Feel sorry for me

Although it's unlikely anyone has noticed, I've not been around Briskoda-land much for a couple of months now. If any keen eyed and over-inquisitive people have noticed, and have wondered why, the story is:

A new love in my life for the freedom of two wheels on a sunny day (subject of one of my last posts before my long absence) has meant less and less time in front of the computer, and more time enjoying the world from behind a visor.

Somehow cars just can't compare, and it was with a heavy heart, and a not inconsiderable amount of regret, that I made the decision that it was time to part with the Octy.

The reasons were many, but mainly that I was barely using the car except for the odd trip at weekends, as it cost too much to insure for the mileage I do commuting, and I couldn't insure SWMBO as she's only 23 with 1 years full licence, and the petrol costs were quite frankly ridiculous. Add to that the fact that SWMBO's little MX-5 was getting thrashed mercilessly up and down the A1 to work every day, and that just wasn't fair on the poor thing. :o

So, I came to the conclusion that although I didn't really want to say goodbye to a car I really did love, in the interests of harmony with my bank manager, the dog (who, bless her, never got to even sit in the back seats in the Octy) and SWMBO, the time had come. :thumbdwn:

So I have replaced the car with a nice, sensible... DIESEL :eek: . Not only that, but a nice, sensible... DIESEL VOLVO S40.:rofl:

Me, in a Volvo. Can you imagine it??? Alright, it's a nice car. It's got plenty of toys, and full leather, and it's quiet and comfortable, but it IS a Volvo.

Never mind, onwards and upwards. I shall still be poking around Briskoda in the future, not least to find out if 63 of 100 re-appears here, as it was plastered in enough Briskoda stickers!

Incidentally, should anyone wish to take a look at a few ex-Octy bits, see my separate thread here in the For Sale section.

And if anyone wants to buy the Octy, it's available here

I hope the car goes to a good home mate. I don't think I've ever spotted a WRC on the road. seen one in a dealers but never in its natural habitat...

Although it's unlikely anyone has noticed' date=' I've not been around Briskoda-land much for a couple of months now. If any keen eyed and over-inquisitive people have noticed, and have wondered why, the story is:

A new love in my life for the freedom of two wheels on a sunny day (subject of one of my last posts before my long absence) has meant less and less time in front of the computer, and more time enjoying the world from behind a visor.

Somehow cars just can't compare, and it was with a heavy heart, and a not inconsiderable amount of regret, that I made the decision that it was time to part with the Octy.

The reasons were many, but mainly that I was barely using the car except for the odd trip at weekends, as it cost too much to insure for the mileage I do commuting, and I couldn't insure SWMBO as she's only 23 with 1 years full licence, and the petrol costs were quite frankly ridiculous. Add to that the fact that SWMBO's little MX-5 was getting thrashed mercilessly up and down the A1 to work every day, and that just wasn't fair on the poor thing. :o

So, I came to the conclusion that although I didn't really want to say goodbye to a car I really did love, in the interests of harmony with my bank manager, the dog (who, bless her, never got to even sit in the back seats in the Octy) and SWMBO, the time had come. :thumbdwn:

So I have replaced the car with a nice, sensible... DIESEL :eek: . Not only that, but a nice, sensible... DIESEL VOLVO S40.:rofl:

Me, in a Volvo. Can you imagine it??? Alright, it's a nice car. It's got plenty of toys, and full leather, and it's quiet and comfortable, but it IS a Volvo.

Never mind, onwards and upwards. I shall still be poking around Briskoda in the future, not least to find out if 63 of 100 re-appears here, as it was plastered in enough Briskoda stickers!

Incidentally, should anyone wish to take a look at a few ex-Octy bits, see my separate thread here in the For Sale section.

And if anyone wants to buy the Octy, it's available here

Nothin' wrong with Volvos dude. They're good cars.

Time to move on I suppose...

Thanks for all the thoughts!

I'm not really regretting the move - it makes good sense in all kinds of ways, but I will miss the car - It's the longest I've ever kept a vehicle since I passed my test in 94, at nearly two years.

I guess my biggest concern is that 63 of 100 goes to a good home, and will be maintained in the condition I kept it - I'd really hate for it to end up as just another white Octavia with a plaque on the dash 'that had some stickers on once'.

So please, anyone reading this who wants an Octy vRS, consider it. I lay unashamed claim to the fact that it is the BEST you will find for the money. :thumbup:

heya m8... ive noticed u aint been on for a bit as your a fellow north easter. no ones gonna complain about your move....ive personally shifted from the skoda family into the vxl family :thumbup:. theres nothing wrong with volvo's m8.there safe and sturdy and tbh honest if its just for your commute then its perfect. the new c70 cc is lurvely aswell. i hope u stay on briskoda m8. what did u do with the wrc by the way? part ex'd it for the s40 by anychance. if so at what garage... i might go have a look at it.

-ho

heya m8... ive noticed u aint been on for a bit as your a fellow north easter. no ones gonna complain about your move....ive personally shifted from the skoda family into the vxl family :thumbup:. theres nothing wrong with volvo's m8.there safe and sturdy and tbh honest if its just for your commute then its perfect. the new c70 cc is lurvely aswell. i hope u stay on briskoda m8. what did u do with the wrc by the way? part ex'd it for the s40 by anychance. if so at what garage... i might go have a look at it.

-ho

mmm, vx220... nice.

It's a good car for the commute, right enough... And the WRC went in p.ex and has been traded on back to the guys I bought it off... Link's in the top post :thumbup:

im up and down the a1 everyday from cramlington to west end of newcastle everyday and the vx is ermm good for that :rofl: but seriously good luck with the car and safe motoring fella. stay on briskoda.where is that place m8? the auto trader link doesnt say much abotu where it is tbh.

-ho

(side note.... walkie whats going on with your mr2??? ie ne date of pick up yet and has the fab been sold?)