New VRS collected with a few questions dealer have been unable to answer as yet

parsey83

1 minute ago, Jamster330 said:

Awesome thank you most kindly once again!!

One gripe is why they didnt move the Home / Menu button to the right of the screen as it currently set up for left hand drive me thinks

££€€££

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, parsey83 said:

Bit of heat to soften adhesive then I use an old bank card or similar. Or dental floss. Usually only a bit of residue to be removed but will not mark paint or damage the badges 

Cool! 

Just Googled it and its in line with what you have stated 👍 

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/3-easy-steps-to-debadging-your-car-like-a-pro/

20 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

I was thinking of doing that but had a bad experience when I asked this to be done on my previous car by Merc dealership...muppets must have used a screwdriver covered with a towel to prize the badges off which left little paint chips around that area! 😡

Must Google how to properly do this as I think it will make the rear of the car look cleaner...

I have done my last three cars, very simple and don't need a heat gun either.

I use dental floss and then dab the left over residue with Auto Finesse tar remover, leave it for a minute to soak in and the left over glue literally wipes away.

Get a pic on here when you have done it :thumbup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

Yh awesome colour that really contrasts with the black grill/wing mirrors/honeycomb lower grill/ and "fake" rear air vents 👍

Oh and the rear spoiler...which I think looks great!

Yeah. It looks great. Although I have the Estate/Combi version so no spoiler for me. :biggrin:
But I plan to put a black Skoda logo in the front and paint the exhaust tips in black. It should look awesome.
I also planned to switch the front VRS logo for the red-black one. But as parsey83 mentioned in one of his posts that the front VRS logo is plastiwelded, I guess this wont be possible. I thought it was screwed as on older models. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Yeah. It looks great. Although I have the Estate/Combi version so no spoiler for me. :biggrin:
But I plan to put a black Skoda logo in the front and paint the exhaust tips in black. It should look awesome.
I also planned to switch the front VRS logo for the red-black one. But as parsey83 mentioned in one of his posts that the front VRS logo is plastiwelded, I guess this wont be possible. I thought it was screwed as on older models. 

Black exhaust tips sounds like a great idea!

The estate is brilliant...I took a white Vrs estate out for my test drive and covered one junction on the M6...slowed the car right down to 40 to see what the mid range was like but weirdly not one car behind me overtook me...took me a while to figure out why...must have thought it was an unmarked cop car..lol !

Only reason I didn't go for the estate is that the Mrs has a SUV 4x4 so dont need the additional boot capacity...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kenfold said:

I have done my last three cars, very simple and don't need a heat gun either.

I use dental floss and then dab the left over residue with Auto Finesse tar remover, leave it for a minute to soak in and the left over glue literally wipes away.

Get a pic on here when you have done it :thumbup:

Yeah will do that...

I have the AutoGlym Tar remover which should hopefully also do the job of getting rid of any glue residue 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

Black exhaust tips sounds like a great idea!

The estate is brilliant...I took a white Vrs estate out for my test drive and covered one junction on the M6...slowed the car right down to 40 to see what the mid range was like but weirdly not one car behind me overtook me...took me a while to figure out why...must have thought it was an unmarked cop car..lol !

Only reason I didn't go for the estate is that the Mrs has a SUV 4x4 so dont need the additional boot capacity...

Good one with the test drive. :D

Black exhaust tips. Something like that.

125448481_10221293588181531_1154016507964732277_o.jpg

• Sponsor

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamster330 said:

On another note can anyone recommend a good gap insurance company? Loads out there and 1st time buying this,  so any advice would be appreciated 

As ever it's up to the individual but my advice is to read very carefully the T&C of those gap insurance policies and also the T&C of your insurance policy.

Every insurance policy I've had will, for the 1st year, provide a replacement car in the event of a total loss if you're insuring a brand new car. This invalidates any need for GAP.

34 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

As ever it's up to the individual but my advice is to read very carefully the T&C of those gap insurance policies and also the T&C of your insurance policy.

Every insurance policy I've had will, for the 1st year, provide a replacement car in the event of a total loss if you're insuring a brand new car. This invalidates any need for GAP.

Was just about to say the same thing. I’m with Skoda insurance services who were very competitive and they offer this as standard 

On 18/12/2020 at 10:20, parsey83 said:

Hi folks

As per the title I picked up my new VRS Tsi yesterday evening . No pictures as yet due to the horrendous weather and lack of light

My car was a non DCC equipped car however I note when in drive mode selection there is an option under the individual settings for ‘chassis’ with the options of either normal or sport. I tried switching between the two but couldn’t really notice any discernible difference. Any ideas as to what this would actually adjust?

I do not appear to have the sound enhancement activated and cannot find the option to change it anywhere. I seen a few videos of the Mk8 gti where this was changed in the individual drive mode setting but there is no such option on mine. I simply want to test it, again anyone any ideas?

Has anyone managed to change the power units from kw and nm?

I’m overly very impressed with the cat apart from the bloody lane assist which is overly intrusive. I will have to find a way to disable that and stop start somehow 

Thanks 

Hi 👋 

Any joy with the sound actuator? Having no joy finding it...watching a YouTube vid earlier of the 245ps Octavia VRS DSG (crospotter13) and it makes a fantastic noise in the cabin...

How to activate the "fake" sound  🤔 

I picked mine up today. Had a good play and can't see anything. 

The golf R I test drove it came on when you put it in race mode. Is there a mode missing when we don't have DCC?

58 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

I picked mine up today. Had a good play and can't see anything. 

The golf R I test drove it came on when you put it in race mode. Is there a mode missing when we don't have DCC?

Possibly...will call up dealers tomorrow to see if they can help

• Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 11:20, parsey83 said:

I do not appear to have the sound enhancement activated and cannot find the option to change it anywhere. I seen a few videos of the Mk8 gti where this was changed in the individual drive mode setting but there is no such option on mine. I simply want to test it, again anyone any ideas?

Oddly enough, mine doesn't have this either. I have DCC, but can't seem to find it in the Mode Settings menu where it's supposed to be.

I thought all RS's came standard with this. :)

9 hours ago, RRovan said:

Oddly enough, mine doesn't have this either. I have DCC, but can't seem to find it in the Mode Settings menu where it's supposed to be.

Just had a call back from dealer in Coventry confirming that Mk4 VRS TSI 245 does NOT have a sound actuator with or without DCC ...no option can be selected in menu screen plus confirmed that they also tried to activate this by plugging in via OBD & again no option for this.

Bit of a shame as Mk3 had it...strange decision by Skoda not to include this for UK VRS

11 hours ago, RRovan said:

I just checked Octavia RS configurator here in Slovenia and the sound actuator is listed under standard equipment.

But I'm sure it wasn't there back in October when I ordered my car since I know I selected it from the options list. I also have it listed on my initial print out from the dealer. So...I'm thinking. It could be that sound actuator wasn't on the serial list at he beginning. And if you ordered your car at that time, the only way you would get it is if you selected it from the optional list. When did you order your car? Do you sound actuator listed on your car offer?

If you go to Mode -> Individual, you don't have any option there to turn on/off the sound?

Ordered end of september. I also remember the actuator being in the options list and I remember not selecting it. I just thought they were going to install it no mater what I choose. To be honest I'm kinda glad they didn't. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

I just ordered it because it was interesting and cheap. :biggrin: But now, when I found out that it's always automatically turned on when you start the car, I'm not sure I still like the idea. :wondering: Well...I guess I'll see tomorrow if they have installed it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Lithuania and just collected my vRS 2.0tsi with DCC - aaaand surprise, no sound acutator. 
It is not listed in the specs neither in additional specs. 
my car is pretty high spec so i thought it would have it... 

a bit of shame if it is not possible to have it. 
will need to invest to Akrapovic or Panthera sound then...  

• Like 1