vRS rear Brakes have a significant lip at 24k

Just noticed that my Vrs rear disks have a lip on them where they appear to have worn. I have not measured it but at a guess the disks are recessed by around 3-4mm. This is significantly more than the fronts that do all the braking. I have only done 24,000 miles of duel carriageway driving this seems excessive wear. Any comments please?

Standard pads all 'round?

If it was only one of the discs I'd have wondered if one of the calipers was sticking, but I suppose that it unlikely to be affecting both sides at the same time to the same degree so ...

... you'll have to wait for someone better to come along, sorry :D

is it a rusty lip ? i've found on mine that because they don't get used as hard as the fronts you get more of a rusty lip on the rear discs

Mine's exactly as you describe, at only 16,000 miles!

The rear brakes have alway made a low grinding sound, 2 local garages have inspected it and each said the same, I'm not braking hard enough... right!!

The last time I checked the discs they looked pretty bad so I'll take the car back for yet another inspection.

Mine lasted until the 30k service where I changed brakes & put some EBC greenstuff pads on, it stops so much better now and they seem to of applied a coating around the edges to prevent the wear happening as bad.

Yep I was told by a Seat (the car not furniture! :rofl:) mechanic that all the Ibiza's with rear discs do this and it's nothing to worry about. My car still had the original rear discs and pads on when I sold the car at 82k miles :rofl:

Chris