Upgrade Advice

18 hours ago, langers2k said:

@NikTheGeek - you're thinking of the PTC aux heater which as you say, is a 1KW electric element that sits in the HVAC system,

I fitted one to my MK2 TDi Octavia and it certainly helped speed up warming the cabin through.

As always, it looks like our Russian friends have got more info:

- MK3 Octavia https://www.drive2.ru/l/494265662131142870/

- MK7 Golf https://www.drive2.ru/l/6009181/

- MK7 Golf + possible coding? https://www.drive2.ru/l/4946153/

Ive got an Aux heater on my A6, its brilliant, gets the cabin warm very quickly.

My Scout has the Aux heater as well. It's pretty good feature for cold winter mornings :)  I think it's a standard feature for most of the diesel MK3s.

The outside temp should be below 5 Celsius and the HVAC set to 'HI'( ECON disabled ). Car rises rpms and after 2-3 minutes starts to blow warm air. It's not hot, but good enough :) 

17 minutes ago, fr1nklyn said:

I think it's a standard feature for most of the diesel MK3s.

Yeah, that is right, I think, because in my car it was too and I have 1.6 TDI MY2016

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone advice the best upgrades to star with? On the cheaper side to start with. Inside or outside. 

I have bought a new dashcam to hardwire in and am looking at what to do next. 

Thanks

My current car set up is.

- 66 plate 1.6 TDI

- Cruise Control

- Auto Lights

- Smartlink Active

- Fwd dashcam hard wired in

This is the main features.

I haven't upgraded anything apart from putting in dashcam. So car is from manufacturer.

Thanks

Hm, hard to say, which is going to be best to start with.

Maybe take a look on the list, that I posted here a few comments back and I can try to tell you, how hard it is to retrofit

Retrofits tend to be personal preference as to what's important and how much it's costs.

It'll also depend what spec your car has to what's just software tweaks rather than hardware changes, For example:

- a vRS gets lane assist, satnav and fogs as standard which means that high beam assist, traffic sign assist and cornering fogs are trivial software tweaks

- on your 1.6TDi (not sure of the trim?) you can probably only enable cornering fogs as it probably doesn't have a highline front camera

A good starting point is to find a local member with VCDS or similar to find out exactly what modules you have to make an informed decision about what's possible :)

Simple things like reversing cameras tend to be a popular first mod.

• Like 1

vRS gets Lane Assist, navigation like standard? 
I have seen a lots of RS Octavia III without navigation and Lane Assist and it was original RS.

Maybe it is different here in Middle Europe :D

9 minutes ago, Krosta said:

I have seen a lots of RS Octavia III without navigation and Lane Assist and it was original RS.

Completely, different countries get different spesc so things can get confusing. Example brochure attached for UK models...

I wanted a highline front camera, heated seats and auto folding mirrors so it was either a L&K or vRS 245 edition. There were no used L&K's so I 'had' to get the vRS 245 :D

Luckily the original owner had spec'ed DCC and I've added a VC + highline RVC. Next up is direct TPMS and RGB footwell lights and hopefully that'll be it for now.

Octavia Brochure Nov 2017.pdf

44 minutes ago, Krosta said:

I think it came as standard after certain years. Mine is a UK MY16 VRS VRS tdi and doesnt have nav or the aux heater. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2021 at 14:27, Krosta said:

·         Adaptive cruise control and speed limiter

What was involved in adding speed limiter? I have ACC but no mode button on the ACC stalk. Throttle pedal has a click at the bottom of the travel, so kick down sensor / switch is there

• Like 1

16 hours ago, danwallace0 said:

What was involved in adding speed limiter? I have ACC but no mode button on the ACC stalk. Throttle pedal has a click at the bottom of the travel, so kick down sensor / switch is there

You need to have different FeC code in your front radar and after this it is only coding, I think. 
I retrofited ACC with Speed Limiter, before this I had only regular CC, which means, that I can't be sure, what else you need to do. I would say that coding in Engine, Cluster and radar itself