Door reflector wiring

Before I try removing it to find out, does anyone know if the new models MY21 have the door light wiring fitted when you have reflector not a light.

Was looking to replace the reflector with a light if the wiring is there

Has anyone replaced the reflectors with lights.

I know you can get a light kit to do it if you dont have the wiring already, but it involves cutting the door panel I believe and I am not sure I wish to do that on a new car just yet.

https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/skoda-kodiaq-puddle-lighting

Edited by Billywizzo

1 hour ago, Billywizzo said:

Has anyone replaced the reflectors with lights.

I know you can get a light kit to do it if you dont have the wiring already, but it involves cutting the door panel I believe and I am not sure I wish to do that on a new car just yet.

https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/skoda-kodiaq-puddle-lighting

Apologies if I misunderstand your intentions, but that kit does not install the wiring.

What it does is add white puddle lighting to the existing red lights by extending the wiring.  As we don't have red lights in our MY21 Kodiaqs, then that kit will be as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Don't know about the SE-L but my Sportline has puddle lights in the door mirror housing. If I wanted to replace the reflectors with red lights, I guess I'd have to tap in or extend the wiring from the power going to those puddle lights. Personally I can't see any benefit in powered red door lights so it's not something I'd do.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Apologies if I misunderstand your intentions, but that kit does not install the wiring.

What it does is add white puddle lighting to the existing red lights by extending the wiring.  As we don't have red lights in our MY21 Kodiaqs, then that kit will be as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Don't know about the SE-L but my Sportline has puddle lights in the door mirror housing. If I wanted to replace the reflectors with red lights, I guess I'd have to tap in or extend the wiring from the power going to those puddle lights. Personally I can't see any benefit in powered red door lights so it's not something I'd do.

Thanks for the info.

I had hoped using that kit would change the red reflectors to lights, but that is why I asked if anyone had done it to see if it was possible to do.

Guess I will have to just be happy with reflectors in the doors and no puddle lights.

• Sad 1

I'd never seen that kit before but I'm guessing that's what Skoda will use to project the "SKODA" signature puddle light on our Karoq.

For those with red door lights, I've noticed you can replace them with lights from SuperSkoda that will also project "KODIAQ" on the ground, but they're a tad cumbersome. Those you've referenced above would appear to be a far better way of achieving it. Just buy the kit and then the OEM puddle lights for a Karoq and Bob's your uncle.

I might do that one day.

6 hours ago, Billywizzo said:

Thanks for the info.

I had hoped using that kit would change the red reflectors to lights, but that is why I asked if anyone had done it to see if it was possible to do.

Guess I will have to just be happy with reflectors in the doors and no puddle lights.

I would to replace too those red reflectors in the doors, please let me know if you find some solution, i was very disappointed when i discover that my brand new Kodiaq 2021 style doesn’t has those door lights and some many old cars have it.

Cheers for that link.

Don’t think it is not something I will be attempting with my car as it is only a few months old and don’t fancy removing the door trim.

A little bit too much effort just for a couple of lights, now if it was just remove the reflector and insert a light, I would be happy to do that 😁