Joe Biden; One of the least dangerous people on the planet.

@Lee

Boris Johnson welcomed the new President after what he called a bumpy ride. I dunno but inciting an insurrection is a bit more than a bumpy ride IMHO.
The current UK Ambassador to the US, Dame Karen Pierce, was hopeful of a UK/ US trade deal this year (ITV News at Ten). I wonder if she's aware that the new VP Kamala Harris is quite aware of Johnson's remarks about former President Obama and is rather unhappy about them?
Likewise Joe Biden, a descendent of Irish immigrants (they'd be ex pats if they were English ;) ) is probably also aware of Priti Patel's threat to cut off Ireland.
I think if anyone's got a bumpy ride, it's Johnson.

Edited by Lee01
  • Groan 1

Biden is not Jesus, Buddha or Mother Theresa he's a career politician; so he might be more sane than Trump but he's certainly no less ambitious.

He'd have sold his granny for votes or funding just like any other politician.

However it is nice that we do appear to off to a levelheaded start after 4 years of crazy

• Like 4

as above - hes far from perfect, but a hollowed out pig carcass wouldve been an improvement..

my belief/prediction is - Biden gets covid more under control and tries to get their economy going again. but i think a lot of policy push may be kamala harris by proxy with a view to push her towards a 2024 run - i think joe will be a 1 term deal to get back and hold democrat control but then hand it off to a bit more history if they can.

Republicans face a reckoning within their own ranks. could well be a catastrophic split between ultra and moderate conservatives that hand a long term power to the democrats...

• Like 4

I expect that when Joe was on the phone with Boris he reminded the UK Prime Minister of the trade between the US and Britain and that there is Cash Money payments due for the  latest 22 nuclear warheads delivered to Scotland.    There is a Special Relationship between the different governments.   The US says jump and the Prime Minister says how high, and how would you like paid, payment terms or the freedom to use the UK as your military base!

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

If Joe goes for a second term they'll need to mummify him to keep the pieces together.

One hopes they are giving Harris a fair shot by letting her largely do the job for Joe behind the scenes.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Aspman said:

If Joe goes for a second term they'll need to mummify him to keep the pieces together.

One hopes they are giving Harris a fair shot by letting her largely do the job for Joe behind the scenes.

What's the odds on Biden still being alive in 4 years time?

• Haha 1

For corporate America, yes it is.

So nice to see the @POTUS Twitter account not inciting insurrections and wild Q Anon conspiracy theories.

Edited by Lee01

I had to call a contact in the US this evening to discuss a problem on one of his machines. At the end of the discussion he asked me if I was at home and was a bit surprised when I told him that I was in a hotel working away. He thought no one was travelling in the UK. I asked him how business was and he replied 'not bad' but that dumb ass Biden is about to screw the country and gas prices are already rising. He might be a republican and was of the opinion that Obama was running the country and sleepy Joe is just the puppet in the White House.  

• Haha 1

There’s obviously a similar split of polarising opinions there as we have here with regards to a certain transition. :whew:

Anyway, hopefully Joe’s actions can somehow unite the states for the greater good but I doubt that will happen - well not until the impeachment is long out of the way.

• Like 2

Hopefully even the republicans will see this is a good opportunity to come back with a more rational and credible party.

Look at Labour here, many of the die hards will be apoplectic with rage at Corbyn being put out to pasture but it's undoubtable that the party is already much more electable under Starmer.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, moley said:

'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss' 

Harry Dunn crash: Biden team says Anne Sacoolas extradition refusal 'final'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-55849608

Is there any particular reason you put 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss' in apostrophes or are you trying to make out it's a quote from the article which makes no such statement?
Other more pedantic and thorough people than myself would like to know. 

56 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Is there any particular reason you put 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss' in apostrophes or are you trying to make out it's a quote from the article which makes no such statement?
Other more pedantic and thorough people than myself would like to know. 

You're obviously far too young to know what it means. ;)

• Groan 1

10 minutes ago, moley said:

You're obviously far too young to know what it means. ;)

If you're going to use obscure quotes on a forum that's inclusive of all age groups from various countries then the least you could do is reference that quote.
I'm almost 50 and have no idea where it's from or who said it but the point remains; it's not from the article. 
Upon Googling it turns out it's from the final line of 'Won't get fooled again' by The Who's 'Won't get fooled again'. Funnily enough, Roger Daltrey did get fooled again, didn't he.

5 hours ago, Lee01 said:

If you're going to use obscure quotes on a forum that's inclusive of all age groups from various countries then the least you could do is reference that quote.

You need to lighten up a bit Lee, life's far too short to be too serious all of the time. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, moley said:

'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss' 

Harry Dunn crash: Biden team says Anne Sacoolas extradition refusal 'final'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-55849608

I don't think that is too surprising. The US will look after its own people and interests first, always.

the US has never been one to extradite to anyone, it's a one way street. you extradite to them, they don't do it back. and certainly not with the wife of a US CIA agent who may actually be a CIA agent.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly three weeks now and Biden hasn't gone golfing wasting taxpayers money or shaken hands with a leader of a communist dictatorship or met with Putin.
I'm not sure Biden knows how to do this Presidenting stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I think they store them under the Resolute desk so it gets uncomfortable if POTUS doesn't let a few off every so often.

Or possibly Ol' Joe was just trying to find CBS on the remote and oops.

Ronny Raygun used to have the same bother

Edited by Aspman
  • Haha 2

On 09/02/2021 at 01:23, Lee01 said:

shaken hands with a leader of a communist dictatorship

it turns out he actually offered to fly KJU home to Pyongyang after the first summit IN Air Force One!! can you imagine the potential aneurysms US security services would have had if that happened :D

• Haha 1