First Skoda

Scoredo

I’ve ordered my first Skoda. I’m a company car driver so I’ve clearly gone for the iV as anything else is insanity on BIK. I had a choice of a few things, but I’m 6’7” and need space. I test drove the superb and was really impressed with the comfort of the seat and the sound proofing in the car. 

My most recent cars have been a BMW X5 and a BMW 5 series Tourer so I am used to the space. Biggest difference is the steering is not as direct and the suspension is a bit softer, but I actually don’t mind. I don’t drive fast these days, just like comfort. I had my X5 in eco mode all the time to soften it up anyway. 

I also have an old VW T5 shuttle that’s blinged up and is weekend toy so this car will be my weekday work car and school runs etc. 

I’ve gone for the SE L in Quartz Grey, 19” black alloys and I’ve added the internal LED lights (kids wanted them), so it’s still a little blinged. 

really looking forward to it, loved the test drive and in electric mode it’s so quiet and smooth. 

• 4 weeks later...

I guess your height pretty much dictates what type / size of car you can have - the Ed China syndrome, if you get my drift. Based on that, the Superb is just about the biggest internal space car, at a reasonable price, on the market. It is also very comfortable. I'm on my 2nd Superb estate which I find hugely practical (more so than an SUV) & in L&K trim very plush & a great cruiser. My previous Superb was a 170 Elegance diesel which was mainly used for an 80 mile daily commute at which it excelled & regularly returned 65mpg. My current 280 L&K is not so fuel frugal but I no longer do high mileage so I'm OK with 25-36mpg.

You should get on well with your new car.