Skoda Superb Mk1 1.9tdi 130bhp Elegance Saloon

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of help if anyone can assist.

I have a Superb MK1 1.9tdi 130 Elegance which is developing a few annoying electrical issues, everything from one day the interior light stapped working, then a few months later the front windows stopped working (that now fixed when I changed the drivers motor and switch set) and now then you turn the indictors to the left or right, nada not even a flicker or sound from the control unit, but when I put the hazzards on both left and right indicators flash and the clicking noise from the control unit is heard? 

Not sure if its the indicator stalk on the steering columb or if there a problem else where.

Oh and today the left side dipped beam, high beam and fog light stopped working, I changed the bulbs and the high beam, side light works but the dipped beam still not working, the dipped beam is using a Osram Xenon HID bulbs so has the added complication of the high voltage igniter to add to the possible faults (not sure how you even test this bit of kit).

Any help would be appricatied :-)

Hi, Failing electrics  (lights etc) usually points to water ingress 

I had the clicking from around the hazard light switch area - i sprayed compressed air down the gap in the indicator stalk which seemed to stop it. Didn't have the non working indicators though. Just the random clicking.  

Hi, thanks K for the input :-) If I am correct the photo's look like they are the feeds to the confort control module located down on the floor under the carpet in the passenger side footwell, would make sense if water is coming in through the pollen filter in the engine bay :-) We have had weeks and weeks of rain down in Cornwall so its mostly likely water has got in. I will begin the investigation and have the trusty WD40 and a hair dryer with me just in case :-) Will post an update when I have checked it out :-) cheers

• Like 1