Electric Windows

Bertie90

I don't know where to begin. 

I bought another module, with the same part number but somehow it had written 2001-2007 on it. Mine is a 2007. I guessed that they must have been using the same parts from previous models. Anyhow, the connectors look to fit but the module inside looks different. Plugged it in, and didn't work. 

I plugged the old unit and Voilà!! Both windows worked fine......for 10 seconds. Then none of the windows worked. I unplugged the harnes plugged it back in, it worked for another 10 seconds. I tried to make a video but could no longer replicate the scenerario so now I'm back as before. 

I don't know what to do anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Badgertech said:

A brand new battery?

I tried everything and a new bosch battery sorted it

been a month now no issues 

Yes I just bought one for my other Fabia and tried it. The current on on it is about 4months old. There's no way the brand can make a difference. I tried 2 batteries on it already.  

I know I never believed the brand would make a difference 

but some cars are more sensitive to voltage drops

apparently bosch have a cleaner current

maybe i was just lucky because I replaced the door switch, fuses and two window modules before trying the battery

It is Varta that manufacture Bosch batteries it seems.

A battery is a battery is a battery, they are all just chemical factories that store and hand out current at approx 12V, the important thing is to make sure that the storage capacity in Amp Hours of the new one is same as or more than the factory fitted one, also that the CCA is also the same or more, with newer cars it also helps if the technology is the same, but this car will not be a Stop/Start so basic flooded battery is good enough..

I've never heard about this "clean" or "not so clean" current being supplied, though if I was selling Bosch batteries, I'm sure that I'd try pressing that point!

I can only describe what my experience was with the nightmare electric windows scenario

The battery is a battery comment is so subjective, every “cheap” battery I have fitted over the years have always let me down

varta and bosch are reliable 

I checked all of the fuses to be honest. Off the top of my head 51 and 52. But I took every single fuse out and checked. No11 is for the mirrors. I don't know about the battery, I'll have to check. 

Edited by Bertie90

Check no. 11 again, better still replace it. It isn't just for the mirrors. Also, make sure you're checking the correct ones, LHD/RHD fuse layouts are often poorly documented in Skoda manuals. 

7 minutes ago, Wino said:

Check no. 11 again, better still replace it. It isn't just for the mirrors. Also, make sure you're checking the correct ones, LHD/RHD fuse layouts are often poorly documented in Skoda manuals. 

But my mirrors work just fine. I'll put a new one in there. Can a fuse cause intermittent faults? The passenger side work yesterday for about 1h. This morning doesn't work at all again. 

I read on a forum that the relays can get stuck on one position. 

I took the whole harnes out again with the motors and I'll try to bench test into see if the issue is in that circuit. I'll hook the power wires to a battery and hope for the best.