Noise after remap???

Hi

I had my car stage 1 remapped on Friday at Big fish tuning and ever since then the car now has an audible whoosh noise which sounds like a turbo waste gate ? is this normal?

My car is a 2018 octavia vrs 245 tsi.

The noise happens usually in gears 1-3 and only at low revs when changing gear, roughly 2.5-3k but never when your pushing it  

The car made good gains but John who owns the place and does the maps live on rollers, did have a problem with a dip in the power curve? to his due he spent 3.5 hours on it and said I could bring it back when it warmed up outside (it was -4 when I had it done) as he thought the tyres where not warming up enough.

Any ideas on this one peeps? as I didn't think these cars had a recirculating valve which it sounds like, I'm a little worried too much boost has now been added

Thanks

20210212_162407.jpg

Edited by VRSerious

15 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

My Octavia was stage one mapped and there is no difference in noise since, just far more power. Hopefully some of the real tech/engine guys here might give you an idea what it might be. 

Cross fingers, its kind of taken the excitement away. I've had 5 other vrs's mapped and never any problems 

If it was your diverter valve it would normally raise a fault code as underboost or overboost.

However for the sake of a new one I changed mine when I mapped my old car to latest revision for peace of mind.

• Like 1

I have a 2017 vRS 245 with a stage 2 remap 333.6 bhp.

Done at Indigo GT in South Wales.

Complete new Milltek Exhaust with Cast Downpipe , Race Cat, New Induction, Ecutek stage 2 remap including DSG.

Even had a M140i driver catch me up and ask “what the hell have you done to that ?”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

13D1B9E0-7496-4319-95F4-3A3CA148D4F4.jpeg

Edited by mdbirtles
  • Like 1

On 19/02/2021 at 11:11, mdbirtles said:

I have a 2017 vRS 245 with a stage 2 remap 333.6 bhp.

Done at Indigo GT in South Wales.

Complete new Milltek Exhaust with Cast Downpipe , Race Cat, New Induction, Ecutek stage 2 remap including DSG.

Even had a M140i driver catch me up and ask “what the hell have you done to that ?”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

333 thats good, I had stage 2 with full custom stainless exhaust and sports cat and silicon turbo inlet pipe, running on 99RON fuel hit 320 on the rollers.

What power output did yours show before the remap ?

Think from memory mine was 235 (that was with the exhaust and intake fitted obviously)

How are you finding the power in the wet ?

Can't put my foot down in 2nd, and have to be careful in 3rd :D:D

As for the OP, I have a bit of a woosh noise in lower gears coming off boost now, I just assumed it was normal due to the higher boost we are running.

• Like 1

My early (Aug 2017) VRS245 made 252bhp and 400nm on Shell V-Power (99 octane) back in early 2018 then stage 1 map made 302bhp and 467nm and finally with Airtec cone filter and intercooler plus Milltek stainless 3" exhaust and HJS 3" sports cat and downpipe ended with 335.9bhp and 517nm of torque. Amazingly including 2 track days it averaged over 40mpg after 29,000 miles when I traded it in. Still miss the intake hiss from the cone filter. All with the standard factory clutch and 6 speed manual gearbox which appears to be very strong. The stage 2 map (done in Oct 2018) and all work done by AmD in Grays Essex who I would highly recommend. 

51 minutes ago, MassiveJim said:

333 thats good, I had stage 2 with full custom stainless exhaust and sports cat and silicon turbo inlet pipe, running on 99RON fuel hit 320 on the rollers.

What power output did yours show before the remap ?

Think from memory mine was 235 (that was with the exhaust and intake fitted obviously)

How are you finding the power in the wet ?

Can't put my foot down in 2nd, and have to be careful in 3rd :D:D

As for the OP, I have a bit of a woosh noise in lower gears coming off boost now, I just assumed it was normal due to the higher boost we are running.

I didn’t go from stock to stage 2.

I had a stage 1 map on it before the stage 2 and it was running 280bhp approx (not on the rollers).

But yes, mine is 333.6 on the rollers.
There is a bit of whoosh yes, but I never pay that much attention, too busy looking for the next “victim” 🤣🤣🤣

Power in the wet is a waste of time, can’t get traction at all.

I have used an accelerometer to measure the 0-60 and the lowest I’ve had (in the dry obviously) is 5.3.

Wheels spin even at 80 in 3rd.

If this thing had 4 wheel drive like my SQ5 then it would be an absolute animal.

But when we’re rolling yes, even the 140i can’t keep up, I pull away from them 🤣🤣.

When I came out of Indigo GT heading back up to Nottingham I had a new S3 up my arse, he got mugged as well and didn’t take it too well. Flashing his lights all over the shop from about 800yds back 🤣🤣

It’s all fun, I love a sleeper.

There is no limiter on it either, I have had 175 out of it 👍

I won’t divulge where 😉

Edited by mdbirtles

36 minutes ago, mdbirtles said:

I had a stage 1 map on it before the stage 2 and it was running 280bhp approx (not on the rollers).

There is a bit of whoosh yes, but I never pay that much attention, too busy looking for the next “victim” 🤣🤣🤣

I have used an accelerometer to measure the 0-60 and the lowest I’ve had (in the dry obviously) is 5.3.

If this thing had 4 wheel drive like my SQ5 then it would be an absolute animal.

But when we’re rolling yes, even the 140i can’t keep up, I pull away from them 🤣🤣.

When I came out of Indigo GT heading back up to Nottingham I had a new S3 up my arse, he got mugged as well and didn’t take it too well. Flashing his lights all over the shop from about 800yds back 🤣🤣

I won’t divulge where 😉

I know what you mean remember overtaking and at 77mph in 3rd gear the traction control light came on and once saw 177mph on the digital speedo but it was only after 170mph it started to accelerate less quickly.

8 hours ago, mdbirtles said:

I won’t divulge where 😉

If there was a 4wd petrol  version I would definitely have waited and got it.

I knew it would struggle with 300+ through the front wheels, I only got mine mapped in November though so haven't had any dry days to fully appreciate it yet.

Considering an LSD, but waiting to hear a bit about other peoples experiences in my other thread.

4WD conversion would be nice :)

I was considering an S4 when I bought this, but it would have been older with more mileage, and more expensive to run, also boot is tiny on the saloon, so went for the sensible option instead.

10 hours ago, MassiveJim said:

If there was a 4wd petrol  version I would definitely have waited and got it.

I knew it would struggle with 300+ through the front wheels, I only got mine mapped in November though so haven't had any dry days to fully appreciate it yet.

Considering an LSD, but waiting to hear a bit about other peoples experiences in my other thread.

4WD conversion would be nice :)

I was considering an S4 when I bought this, but it would have been older with more mileage, and more expensive to run, also boot is tiny on the saloon, so went for the sensible option instead.

I had mine done April last year so I’ve had the pleasure of summer to have a play.

Even in the bone dry you will not be able to full throttle it from a stand still.

These are the extras that my 245 has from the standard car.

I didn’t buy it new, but it only had 2865 miles on it. Paid £27k instead of 33k sticker price when new. Good value.

Cornering front fog lamps £125.00

Electric Sunroof £850.00

Crew Protection £435.00

Canton Sound System £500.00

Columbus Sat Nav £1050.00

Premium WLAN with Phone Box £550.00

Park Assist with Front & Rear Parking Sensors £590.00

Rear View Parking Camera £375.00

Front Assist with Pedestrian Protection £315.00

Adaptive Cruise Control £565.00

Lane Assist & Blind Spot Detection £385.00

Dynamic Chassis Control £850.00

KESSY Keyless Entry £400.00

Winter Pack £350.00

DSG 7 Speed £1390.00

Total £8,730

Edited by mdbirtles

The owl noise is driving me mad, the car is driving fine and no codes but everytime I let off the revs to change gear etc around 2500-3k I get the owl calling under the bonnet! it sounds like I've gone back 15 years and have a huge blowoff valve.

Never does it when I'm pootling around, which is 85% of my driving, I might just be hinding the sound when I push it hard but it doesn't seem as loud??

Pretty sure its turbo related but the car seems happy

Please help:crying:

On 21/02/2021 at 10:37, mdbirtles said:

I had mine done April last year so I’ve had the pleasure of summer to have a play.

Even in the bone dry you will not be able to full throttle it from a stand still.

These are the extras that my 245 has from the standard car.

I didn’t buy it new, but it only had 2865 miles on it. Paid £27k instead of 33k sticker price when new. Good value.

Cornering front fog lamps £125.00

Electric Sunroof £850.00

Crew Protection £435.00

Canton Sound System £500.00

Columbus Sat Nav £1050.00

Premium WLAN with Phone Box £550.00

Park Assist with Front & Rear Parking Sensors £590.00

Rear View Parking Camera £375.00

Front Assist with Pedestrian Protection £315.00

Adaptive Cruise Control £565.00

Lane Assist & Blind Spot Detection £385.00

Dynamic Chassis Control £850.00

KESSY Keyless Entry £400.00

Winter Pack £350.00

DSG 7 Speed £1390.00

Total £8,730

That is L& K spec on a VRS. Very nice. 

24 minutes ago, Redboy said:

That is L& K spec on a VRS. Very nice. 

Thanks mate 👍

I was very specific what I wanted when I went for another vRS and this one ticked all the boxes.

I’m in Nottingham but had to go to Stockport for that one, Lookers Skoda.

The Sales Manager said that the previous Sales Manager had specced this car up to the hilt and ran around in it for a few months.

But then she got the boot for taking the **** as it cost them over 33k and naturally when they sold it they lost a fair bit on it lol.

2865 miles on it but was 8 months old when I got it off them.

I think they were glad to see the back of it 😉

Very rare spec indeed for a 245.

Even the engineers at the Skoda dealer in Nottingham noticed it had “more buttons” that any Octavia he’d been in, when it’s been in for services.

But no doubt it’ll be worth nowt when it comes to chopping it in again 😂

Cheers

• Like 1