New to Superb II FL from Octavia III - is this normal?

Hi,

I switched from Octavia III (2015) to Superb II FL (2015), because I needed bigger car. Now, in O3 I had a 2.0 TDI with 150HP+DSG, with Superb I have 2.0 TDI 170HP 4x4+DSG. I have three remarks about the car and I wanted to ask you all if this is normal:

1. I get the feeling that Superb is hard to get moving, meaning I have to give it more throttle for it to even move comparing to Octavia. I know that Superb is heavier and supposedly it needs more juice to get all 4 wheels going, but is it really it?

2. So far there was one case when I tried to park and front PDC did not warn me about the obstacle, only when I stopped and put it in Reverse, it started to make a sound and showed that there is an obstacle. Just as the PDC would work only when the engine just started or in Reverse. In Octavia the PDC worked continously and I would expect the same from the PDC in Superb. Is it normal, maybe PDC is faulty or maybe there are some kind of settings?

3. When driving with a constant speed DSG puts the highest gear, so sometimes the RPMs are around 1000 and when they are there is unpleasant, low, vibrating noise like resonance, when RPMs jumps above 1200 it is back to normal. In Octavia I never felt this, even around 1000 RPM.

Can you, veteran, let me know if the above are normal and I should get used to it or is there anything that can be done with those?

PDC only activates automatically when reverse is engaged, otherwise you need to use the button on the centre console.

It's worth bearing in mind that the Superb 2 is a generation older in terms of the electronic systems than the Octavia 3, so things you might have taken for granted on the Octavia will be different on the Superb.

In my experience with the DSG on a 2WD CR170, it doesn't like to be hurried off the line from a standstill but it's quick & eager once it's rolling. 4WD might be a bit more sluggish.

14 minutes ago, tuningmania said:

To @mikemanpl - My thoughts:

1. It is normal;

2. It is the same on my "Superb" too and I think that this is not handy;

3. It is normal, clutches do not like low rpm..

I agree with all 3 normal for me too.

You can manually turn on front PDC from the button by the gear stick. You can also drive in sport mode around town. For me it’s the noisy engine vs low rumble of gear/engine. Which is worse/better  you decide?

A MK2 FL from 2015 already has OPS (address 10) as only older cars from before around 2008-2009 would have PDC (address 76).

It just works differently on a PQ and MQB vehicle, so I'm not aware of any PQ compatible modules that'll automatically turn on when close to an object.

Not sure if it's possible, but you might want to reject the car and find a early MK3 Superb as that should be similar to your MK3 Octavia.

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

A MK2 FL from 2015 already has OPS (address 10) as only older cars from before around 2008-2009 would have PDC (address 76).

It just works differently on a PQ and MQB vehicle, so I'm not aware of any PQ compatible modules that'll automatically turn on when close to an object.

Not sure if it's possible, but you might want to reject the car and find a early MK3 Superb as that should be similar to your MK3 Octavia.

I dont have the option to give it back and the early S3 was priced around 20% more, so not really worth it in this case. I will get used to it. 

Now I have to see if I can replace RNS315 with anything better in terms of bluetooth streaming (RNS510 without much work obviously, but I dont know if it is better than rns315 in terms of bluetooth capabilities, or the mib std2 is the one- however it is quite expensive too). 

Also I have read the vcds errors and there seems to be something withx 4x4: 00003 and 02248 and also kessy: 1053195 and 1057803. I have to see what those are about.

If you have an RNS-315, you should check if it's using inbuilt BT or a separate module. The RNS-510 doesn't have BT built in, so if it's the former, you'll also need a wiring loom and BT module which will get pricey.

The MIB STD2 units are much better than the RNS-315 and RN-510, they should have BT built in and If you get a recent one, you'll also get android auto and carplay :)

Might be worth adding a VCDS autoscan if you can.

6 hours ago, langers2k said:

If you have an RNS-315, you should check if it's using inbuilt BT or a separate module. The RNS-510 doesn't have BT built in, so if it's the former, you'll also need a wiring loom and BT module which will get pricey.

The MIB STD2 units are much better than the RNS-315 and RN-510, they should have BT built in and If you get a recent one, you'll also get android auto and carplay :)

Might be worth adding a VCDS autoscan if you can.

Sure I can. Find the log attached.

Log-WWWW-TMBRF93T4F9055975-194160km-120645mi.txt

You should update your VCDS software :)

The BT is built into the RNS-315 so upgrading to a RNS-510 will need an extra wiring loom and BT module.

If you haven't already, I'd clear the codes to see which, if any, come back.

The haldex issue might be corrosion on the control board PCB, at least based on similar codes from some Audi's. If it's under warranty, I'd get it checked out.

So couple of things has already cleared out. First thing is probably something that one has to get used to; the PDC/OPS is something I probably already have as most of time it works, so maybe that was a one time thing. Also, I have already bought a newer parkassist which is supposed to make sure it is even better, but I will also need MIB STD2 replacement for my RN315, the last thing was partially fixed by fixing some loose tube of something (I forget of what exactly)- it is a little better. The error codes have been reset and I will see whether they come back. Tomorrow I have an appointment at Skoda dealership for them to look into that passenger door kessy handle problem - I don't want to disasemble it all myself and I would like whether it is a handle itself or maybe wiring.

Another mystery solved: Skoda garage told me that they have checked and it is a broken wire by the body/door AND also the handle itself is faulty too. They gave me the numbers for all the wires for a whole passenger appliances: 3T1971121CM and told me that they don't repair broken wires but only replace the whole thing. Is this really a thing? It is not repairable? 

Also, they gave me a part number of my handle: 1K8837206H. It's quite expensive and when I searched for it in ETKA, it seems that the same was also installed in Golf, Passat B7 etc... If it looks the same, is with Kessy but has a different number does it mean that it will not work?

True, I have seen youtube videos, but I decided to leave it to pros. Also, I get the feeling that Skoda dealership was not right about the handle and if the loom is correctly repaired, the handle will work again. Will let you all know.

So this one is solved. I have been to car electrician. He charged me ~35GBP for soldering one kessy wire and also to check the looms in other doors (they seem ok).  As I thought, the door handle works ok (at least for now). This makes those Skoda Garage guys assholes since they have told me that they need to replace both the whole loom and the handle for... 510 GBP.