Delivery times?

Mines still in Grimsby docks. Been there a full week now.  Dealer doesn’t have any idea when it will be delivered other than “might” be sometime next week. 

Fairly envious of those of you who are kept informed! 

Well nigh on 6 weeks since my car was ordered and had another (non) update from the dealer yesterday that the car still hadn’t been given a build date. From your experiences, is that normal and I shouldn’t be chasing them, or is that too long and I should be asking some questions? 
I’m in need of some context around my scenario. 😬😬 Cheers all. 

I ordered in the last week of February, and for the build date my dealer mentioned that I might have it this week or next week.

I’m stating to think that will not happen 😅

I will let everyone know when I have the date.

(my order is for an iv estate)

1 hour ago, DManel said:

I ordered in the last week of February, and for the build date my dealer mentioned that I might have it this week or next week.

what options you have? maybe that changes everything
i ordered:
HB, tfsi 2.0 dsg, canton, memory seats(middle option), kessy, quartz grey, r18, 3zone climat,

Edited by janis

8 hours ago, Skodev said:

Well nigh on 6 weeks since my car was ordered and had another (non) update from the dealer yesterday that the car still hadn’t been given a build date. From your experiences, is that normal and I shouldn’t be chasing them, or is that too long and I should be asking some questions? 
I’m in need of some context around my scenario. 😬😬 Cheers all. 

Really depends on what you ordered and what expected wait time you were given. The factory only schedules confirmed build dates 4 weeks in advance, and delivery to the uk is being estimated as 4 weeks (ish) so unless you were told to expect delivery less than 14 weeks after ordering you’re still in the nothing to worry about territory. (I ordered Dec 18th so 6 weeks-ish before you, was given estimate of 16 weeks but only got the build confirmed last week so suspecting it’s slipped a couple of weeks from the original estimate. Expecting delivery 3rd week of April apparently).

I ordered end of November.  Middle of December was told build date of first week of January but then almost immediately that slipped to first week of February due to Covid.   Was built that week and in uk by end of feb.   

Thanks guys. 4wd vRS with Canton, meteor grey estate (combi), so not really heavy on the options at all. I don’t see many 4wd’s being mentioned on here though, so unsure if that also effects it. 
I was given 12-15 week lead time so I suppose I’m still within those,just. 

The timelines mentioned above have given me some comfort, fast forward to early May hopefully and taking delivery. 🤞🏼

7 hours ago, janis said:

what options you have? maybe that changes everything
i ordered:
HB, tfsi 2.0 dsg, canton, memory seats(middle option), kessy, quartz grey, r18, 3zone climat,

Mine is a Plugin Hybrid, iv Estate. With the "Style" pack, which is the pack with the most options (high trim, 18' inch wheels, full led matrix, etc), and I also added electric tailgate, side assist, ambient lighting.

Original estimate in Portugal is between 12 and 16 weeks (depends on which dealer you ask). So I expect delivery in June, but they say it can be earlier, and that I should have a build date soon. Lets see...

I've got the order for my meteor gray vRS Estate TSI DSG placed just before Christmas, but then added the DCC option and sort of re-ordered the car on the 5th of Jan. I had the "unconfirmed" week changed several times, but they "confirmed" it to be week 10, which is this week. Will wait until next week to see whether it was built...

Ordered my Black Magic Pearl vRS manual hatch last week (only addition was the space saver spare) and have a delivery estimate of mid August (though the dealer will hold it until Sept for the plate change)

6 minutes ago, sicone said:

Ordered my Black Magic Pearl vRS manual hatch last week (only addition was the space saver spare) and have a delivery estimate of mid August (though the dealer will hold it until Sept for the plate change)

Wow, that's what - 20 weeks?

I ordered a 1.5 manual hatch SEL with a few options (camera, hud, led pack and travel assist). Was quoted 8 weeks until build date and then May for delivery. I’ve had two updates to say there is no build date yet...

11 hours ago, DManel said:

3 hours ago, DManel said:

Mine is a Plugin Hybrid, iv Estate. With the "Style" pack, which is the pack with the most options (high trim, 18' inch wheels, full led matrix, etc), and I also added electric tailgate, side assist, ambient lighting.

Original estimate in Portugal is between 12 and 16 weeks (depends on which dealer you ask). So I expect delivery in June, but they say it can be earlier, and that I should have a build date soon. Lets see...

Just got a call from my dealer, and got a build date for week 14 (5 to 9 April). That was faster than expected! I ordered on the 26th February.

39 minutes ago, DManel said:

Just got a call from my dealer, and got a build date for week 14 (5 to 9 April). That was faster than expected! I ordered on the 26th February.

Well done, that’s a result. 
👍🏼

Hi,

New here I figured I'd add my experience.

I ordered an Octavia VRS TSi 2.0 VRS DSG Meteor Grey on 13th January, initially told 10 weeks. Still waiting for a build date, so I guess it's at least a month off.

Need to sort a car as a stop gap as my current car goes back in just over a week :worried:.

1 hour ago, Sliminator said:

Hi,

I ordered an Octavia VRS TSi 2.0 VRS DSG Meteor Grey on 13th January, initially told 10 weeks. Still waiting for a build date, so I guess it's at least a month off.

Need to sort a car as a stop gap as my current car goes back in just over a week :worried:.

I was two weeks after you ordering and so I suppose my wait will be at least two weeks more for a build date. Keep us posted on any updates you have, it may be the one that keeps us all sane!! 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sliminator said:

Hi,

Can you not extend your current contract until the new car arrives? This is what I'm doing...

Well looks like I'm no longer about to be a Skoda owner - after being told last week that I should expect delivery Week 15 (2 weeks longer than the original dealer estimate of 16 weeks from Dec 18th), I've now been told that build isn't till week 30 (so 9 months from order by the time I get it) so unless my dealer can do something about it I'll be cancelling the order and going elsewhere. Disappointing considering the only option was the reversing camera. I'd be interested to know the specs / location of people who ordered around the same time (Dec 18th) or after who have already received their cars since I'm pretty sure there are quite a few of you!

1 hour ago, DuncanW said:

Well looks like I'm no longer about to be a Skoda owner - after being told last week that I should expect delivery Week 15 (2 weeks longer than the original dealer estimate of 16 weeks from Dec 18th), I've now been told that build isn't till week 30 (so 9 months from order by the time I get it) so unless my dealer can do something about it I'll be cancelling the order and going elsewhere. Disappointing considering the only option was the reversing camera. I'd be interested to know the specs / location of people who ordered around the same time (Dec 18th) or after who have already received their cars since I'm pretty sure there are quite a few of you!

If you can get some car that is in dealership then sure. Otherwise long delivery times will be everywhere.

Mate, you’re killing me. 
For those of us waiting that’s pretty much the worst update we could have read. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
What is going on? 
I hope you manage to get something sorted with or without Skoda. 
🏼

Order done in december 14 2020 Octavia Hatch M-Hev, a lot of goodies, was told expected delivery in april.

It was built week 4 and got it today :biggrin:, not UK and not VRS but sure they do build some cars!

2 hours ago, DuncanW said:

That seems harsh, I ordered my manual VRS estate with Canton, DCC and winter pack on the 14th Dec. It's been built and is currently waiting to be shipped to the UK.