Delivery times?

28 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

I ordered an already built vRS estate on 7th March when it was at the port in Emden.

It's still there................

It’s crazy pal. What I don’t understand with all this, and I’ve been on these threads since late January, is that some cars are taking 12 weeks order to delivery, some are taking 4 or 5 months and some are being quoted 22 weeks. 
Then there is the “build week debacle” Some have had build weeks confirmed within days of orders being placed. Some have had build weeks confirmed within a couple of weeks but the build week is August!! Then there are some like me who are yet to have a build week confirmed despite the order being confirmed almost two months ago and when queried with Skoda, not the dealer but actual Skoda, the response is that there is no ETA for confirmed build, but to “try again in a couple of weeks.” 🤯

And then you share your experience, which must be frustrating to say the least. I’ve never known such a varied set of results, it’s mind boggling. 
I hope your car makes it’s way onto a boat soon. 🤞🏼 

Edited by Skodev

45 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

I ordered an already built vRS estate on 7th March when it was at the port in Emden.

It's still there................

How come it's just sitting there... have they given you any explanation at all?

11 hours ago, Tishout said:

How come it's just sitting there... have they given you any explanation at all?

Nope, just the immortal line 'try again in a couple of weeks'.

Appears that line gets used quite a bit.

• Groan 1

44 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

Nope, just the immortal line 'try again in a couple of weeks'.

Appears that line gets used quite a bit.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

it’s now my mantra. 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Just to come back on this one - I gave up waiting but pointed out to my dealer that I wasn't happy that they hadn't kept me informed, nor chased up the moving build dates until I got in touch so they sold me a car they'd bought in to be their new demonstrator instead (not the spec I ideally wanted but I'm OK with it) and I picked it up over the weekend. Latest build date expectation was end July but I had no confidence in that, I just hope others have a better experience and some consistency is established.

2 hours ago, DuncanW said:

Just to come back on this one - I gave up waiting but pointed out to my dealer that I wasn't happy that they hadn't kept me informed, nor chased up the moving build dates until I got in touch so they sold me a car they'd bought in to be their new demonstrator instead (not the spec I ideally wanted but I'm OK with it) and I picked it up over the weekend. Latest build date expectation was end July but I had no confidence in that, I just hope others have a better experience and some consistency is established.

I think we all understand how frustrating it must have been for you @DuncanW. What spec and colour did you get in the end?

Original order was Metallic Grey with reverse camera, ended up with Black and Winter Pack + Wireless Charging. I've always had Black cars but didn't with the vRS due to the black lettering on the back...but in the flesh it looks pretty decent so the colour isn't an issue. The camera was more for my wife who's used to having one in her usual car so I may get an after market but will see how it goes for a bit...

So I placed my order on the 14th Feb, and got this update yesterday from the dealership and double checked with Skoda UK.

(Although when he estimates pick up first week of July, I'm assuming he means June given the 7 weeks qouted from the build week)

Screenshot_20210408-181139~2.png

41 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

So I placed my order on the 14th Feb, and got this update yesterday from the dealership and double checked with Skoda UK.

(Although when he estimates pick up first week of July, I'm assuming he means June given the 7 weeks qouted from the build week)

Is your car gold plated or something? 
car build does not take 2 weeks and delivery is unreal as well...that is absurd 

It was suggested the last time I spoke with Skoda to get in touch again to confirm build week; I did that just now and they too said build time could be two weeks. My build week is 15 (next week). No mention of delivery times, but I guess they give a big estimate? Brexit? 

@Shelvock exciting times mate! You also have 18 tabs open on your browser, the mild-OCD in me would like to close some of them!

29 minutes ago, janis said:

I didn't know gold plating was an option? 5 weeks to the UK is pretty standard for all the cars I've ever ordered.

22 minutes ago, Aarond said:

@Shelvock exciting times mate! You also have 18 tabs open on your browser, the mild-OCD in me would like to close some of them!

Thanks mate I'm definitely looking forward to it. That's quite a small number of tabs for me, how else am I supposed to remember things? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, janis said:

The two weeks build is weird, indeed, but the delivery time is quite right, I would say. My car was built week 10, and was in the UK in week 14. Still to get a delivery date though. 

16 minutes ago, Shelvock said:

... That's quite a small number of tabs for me, how else am I supposed to remember things? 🤣

The same here - currently having 41 tabs open, lol. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shelvock said:

Pleased for you mate. I still have a wall of silence. ☹️🤣🤣 

I did however get a GDPR form to sign from my dealer which referenced being able to register my new car with the DVLA and set up the warranty. So somebody somewhere must think I’m getting a car. 😬 

I haven’t chased them this week as they asked me to leave it a couple of weeks before chasing again, so I’ll do that, but Monday I’ll be making enquiries. 🧐

8 hours ago, Tishout said:

The two weeks build is weird, indeed, but the delivery time is quite right, I would say. My car was built week 10, and was in the UK in week 14. Still to get a delivery date though. 

The same here - currently having 41 tabs open, lol. 

Oh my days, 41 tabs! I keep trying the new grouping thing with tabs, I don't like it yet but I'll keep trying. 

14 minutes ago, Skodev said:

I did however get a GDPR form to sign from my dealer which referenced being able to register my new car with the DVLA and set up the warranty. So somebody somewhere must think I’m getting a car. 😬 

I haven’t chased them this week as they asked me to leave it a couple of weeks before chasing again, so I’ll do that, but Monday I’ll be making enquiries. 🧐

That does sound like some kind of movement @Skodev, as those are the bits you do near the end usually aren't they? 

1 hour ago, Aarond said:

Oh my days, 41 tabs! I keep trying the new grouping thing with tabs, I don't like it yet but I'll keep trying. 

That does sound like some kind of movement @Skodev, as those are the bits you do near the end usually aren't they? 

Well they’re referencing DVLA, so they must be anticipating some news soon. 
Still waiting on a build date but given @Shevlock’s news, I’m hopeful I may hear something soon. But who knows🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skodev said:

Have you spoken to Skoda UK directly for am update pal?

1 hour ago, Shelvock said:

Have you spoken to Skoda UK directly for am update pal?

Yes mate. To be honest it pi$$$d me off. 
The first guy I live chatted to was really good, but ultimately couldn’t tell me anything specific as they didn’t know. That was about six weeks ago, and he said leave it three or four weeks and try again as there has been reductions in the Octavia production runs. 
So I left it four weeks and contacted Live Chat again to ask for an update. A different guy this time who actually said “as you were told four weeks ago, there’s no build date been allocated” which obviously triggered me a little bit. I was then advised to wait a further two weeks, which elapsed today, but I haven’t chased it. 
My dealer sent me two emails earlier on, after ordering, within a couple a weeks saying no build date so far. And then I’ve heard nothing for about 7 weeks. I replied with questions on both occasions and didn’t receive any responses. 
It’s a shame because I had a previous vRS from them In 2015 and they were fantastic, so much so that my wife took a new Karoq off them in 2018. 
But it’s a bit different now and I know they’ve furloughed loads of sales staff. 
Another thing that wound me up was that I signed all my paperwork with the dealer on 29th January and yet Skoda say my order is showing as being received on the 10th of Feb? So nearly two weeks after. 
It’s hard to be too critical because of the circumstances but it’s also not clear where poor customer service ends and Covid impact begins at dealer level or Skoda level. 

Anyway, my main worry was my current car goes back 27th of the month, but the lease company have agreed an informal extension capped at 6 months, so thats taken the worry away for now. 👍🏼👍🏼 
Keep us posted on your timelines pal. 😎

Edited by Skodev
  • Like 1

Reading some of this, I yearn for the old days, when you went to a showroom, saw a car, chose it, and collected it few days later.

Did this with my first Skoda, a green mark1 Octavia GLX estate, in 1998 

dealer only had the one, (only just gone on sale), but happily sold it.

If you need to order it, then probably easier nowadays to do it online, not via a dealer, as updates you receive doesn’t seem to justify loyalty to stay local anymore.

Edited by SurreyJohn

8 hours ago, Skodev said:

Yes mate. To be honest it pi$$$d me off. 
The first guy I live chatted to was really good, but ultimately couldn’t tell me anything specific as they didn’t know. That was about six weeks ago, and he said leave it three or four weeks and try again as there has been reductions in the Octavia production runs. 
So I left it four weeks and contacted Live Chat again to ask for an update. A different guy this time who actually said “as you were told four weeks ago, there’s no build date been allocated” which obviously triggered me a little bit. I was then advised to wait a further two weeks, which elapsed today, but I haven’t chased it. 
My dealer sent me two emails earlier on, after ordering, within a couple a weeks saying no build date so far. And then I’ve heard nothing for about 7 weeks. I replied with questions on both occasions and didn’t receive any responses. 
It’s a shame because I had a previous vRS from them In 2015 and they were fantastic, so much so that my wife took a new Karoq off them in 2018. 
But it’s a bit different now and I know they’ve furloughed loads of sales staff. 
Another thing that wound me up was that I signed all my paperwork with the dealer on 29th January and yet Skoda say my order is showing as being received on the 10th of Feb? So nearly two weeks after. 
It’s hard to be too critical because of the circumstances but it’s also not clear where poor customer service ends and Covid impact begins at dealer level or Skoda level. 

Anyway, my main worry was my current car goes back 27th of the month, but the lease company have agreed an informal extension capped at 6 months, so thats taken the worry away for now. 👍🏼👍🏼 
Keep us posted on your timelines pal. 😎

Madness. So hard to understand why it should be any different for you than me isn't it? I can only think maybe it's the 4x4 option having an effect? To be honest I don't think I've seen anyone with a 4x4 yet.

I will keep you updated 👍🏼👍🏼

13 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Reading some of this, I yearn for the old days, when you went to a showroom, saw a car, chose it, and collected it few days later.

Did this with my first Skoda, a green mark1 Octavia GLX estate, in 1998 

dealer only had the one, (only just gone on sale), but happily sold it.

I could have had one of two vRS estates in stock at my local dealership, but neither were the colour I wanted nor had the DCC option.

So you can still do it that way, but spending this much money on a car I probably see as the last internal combustion engine I will buy, it's got to get exactly what I want 👍🏼

I think the same @Shelvock, that it probably will be the last purchase a lot of us do. 

I think other folk a while ago ordered 4x4 option didn't they @Skodev? I know it's disheartening, but maybe give the live chat option a go; worse case scenario they tell you f*** all, which is where you are already.

• Like 1