Delivery times?

7 minutes ago, kasparsc said:

I periodically bombarded my sales manager. Yesterday I received a message that next week they are meeting with the representative of Škoda and will talk about the critical orders. After that, he promised to give some news.
Sometimes I consider the idea of buying another car - Škoda Karoq or Hyundai Tucson, but considering the price of my Octavia, I cannot make such a decision. The fuel consumption is higher for those cars, and the bank interest rate will no longer be as low as when I ordered the Octavia.
That's why I'm forced to wait... If I knew that the car would arrive in the next 1-2 months, then I wouldn't be so stressed, but knowing that others are waiting for 18 or more months...
Just knowing that the car was ordered back in September 2021, it seems like it should be ready sometime soon. However, almost 16 months have passed...

I'm going to ask this question again so apologies, Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

3 minutes ago, Superted said:

I'm going to ask this question again so apologies, Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

1.5 TSI Mhev with DSG - Elegance with heated windscreen, ACC, Matrix.

I wonder what equipment is causing the biggest delivery problems...

10 minutes ago, kasparsc said:

1.5 TSI Mhev with DSG - Elegance with heated windscreen, ACC, Matrix.

I wonder what equipment is causing the biggest delivery problems...

My own personal opinion and also by looking at the majority of orders on delay in this thread I would say parts for Hybrid, you cannot currently order an Octavia iV and this has been the case for some months I think.

Been chasing dealer since December for update, previous update from them concerning my SEL Estate iV order from January 2022 was October when the news was - there is no news..

So today I hear that some other (client's of same dealer) iVs are turning up, brilliant I think!!! But so what, I am only concerned with my order to be perfectly honest, well guess what my news is....

Absolutely f-all, still no news, no delivery date, no nothing.

2 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

Been chasing dealer since December for update, previous update from them concerning my SEL Estate iV order from January 2022 was October when the news was - there is no news..

So today I hear that some other (client's of same dealer) iVs are turning up, brilliant I think!!! But so what, I am only concerned with my order to be perfectly honest, well guess what my news is....

Is it an elastictrickery hybrid that you have on order?

I just had a message saying it's arrived at the port in Europe. Status 38? Does anybody in the UK know from experience how long approx it will be from there? I am guessing I will miss the new March plate now - sods law, typical! But hey I will take a car on any plate right now

22 hours ago, whereismyorder said:

Given the delivery time for me ordering in 2021 was 13 months, unsure it will have improved much since then! I heard very little until my car was on the way to the dealer. 

• Like 2

Just had an update from the dealer yesterday, he updates me every two weeks, originally week 7 build now week 5, ordered end of November 2022. I certainly was not expecting such a speedy turnaround 🙂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Superted said:

Just had an update from the dealer yesterday, he updates me every two weeks, originally week 7 build now week 5, ordered end of November 2022. I certainly was not expecting such a speedy turnaround 🙂

Wow, if you get your car anytime soon, i think it's will be a fastest delivery time yet. :D

1 hour ago, Superted said:

Engine, spec?

3 hours ago, Superted said:

Just had an update from the dealer yesterday, he updates me every two weeks…

Oh so there are dealers who understand keeping the customer updated makes for a better experience.  Must be nice!

Edited by whereismyorder

21 minutes ago, whereismyorder said:

Oh so there are dealers who understand keeping the customer updated makes for a better experience.  Must be nice!

Yeah makes a change I guess, so far they have been good, test drive was a bit of a game, car not ready no fuel in etc. But handed over the keys, signed an insurance doc and iff I went. Do much better going on your own without one if them sitting next to you, Can have a proper play then including pullingniver and getting to know infotainment system 😉

2 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Wow, if you get your car anytime soon, i think it's will be a fastest delivery time yet. /cdn-cgi/mirage/4960590a43bf1b2c5c5d2af53b4709cb48b12896d599a4e75bdd6fe41f234dbf/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I challenged dealer when he gave me first update before Xmas and he said yes, all accurate and says we just got lucky, but let's see 👀

Just to keep in the thread I thought I’d update (or lack of update should I say?) - ordered an iV Octavia Estate a week into November 2021 and not even a delivery date as yet! Absolutely base spec and colour, so no options to drag it 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, rossdook said:

Just to keep in the thread I thought I’d update (or lack of update should I say?) - ordered an iV Octavia Estate a week into November 2021 and not even a delivery date as yet! Absolutely base spec and colour, so no options to drag it 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Personally I don't think it's a case of vehicle options causing delays, I think it's the iV vehicle itself, if options are proving problematic Skoda just pull them so make unavailable. Equally, you cannot currently order an Octavia Vrs iV so that kind of spells it out for me.

I think 99% of potential iV orders are for company use so everything done through fleet and lease companies, no personal service at all and so they are not that bothered about chasing orders up I would say!

Also got an update today that my estate SEL iV still doesn't have a delivery date despite their latest estimate of Q1 2023

Ordered sept 2021. Think they are waiting me out hoping I cancel but I'm a patient man 😅

Another deadline they look set to miss.

• Groan 1

I have a feeling that at some point the dealer might ask me to to pay the markup or break the contract. It would be a disgusting move, but I have heard that other manufacturers do it.

17 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

But i think you can sue them for such actions. 

I would have cancelled long ago if it were me, I certainly wouldn't wait 12 months + for a car, 6 - 8 months tops, and certainly not for a hybrid.........