Delivery times?

2 hours ago, Stuart_S said:

I will probably never consider a Skoda again. 

Skoda need to learn that not being honest about delivery dates will lead to more potential customers following this path, it's not just a lost sale now it's reputation damage.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart_S said:

So I’ve finally requested cancellation of my order today as the whole thing was becoming ridiculous - PHEV estate in race blue with tow bar, wireless charging, winter pack.  I bought a Volvo V60, B4 MHEV estate with only 6500 miles instead.  Happy days!  😁  I will probably never consider a Skoda again. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/ba45cc6fc77e8bd152ee159a7526ce5dc2f25b3e3b709b5aaeae08cbf67f6d90/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/0AF49C0C-C0F3-472D-AB0D-46645D9575ED.thumb.jpeg.6c57fe9a8ad9a6d1b904af1fdfa5482c.jpeg

Congratulations, have a nice ride! Probably you ve done the smartest thing possible. 

• Like 1

On 27/01/2023 at 22:05, Novascape said:

I've chased my SEL IV with dealer this week and they have given me an unconfirmed build week of W28  .....

Sounds like fiction (being polite rather than upset swear filter)

Unconfirmed date, exactly half year ahead is round number guesswork.

Apart from anything else week 28 (end of July), just happens to be when factory normally starts a 3 week summer break to mid August.

Ask dealer why it will be made during factory summer shutdown, I would love to know their answer.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2023 at 20:03, tdaniel said:

From this week, you can't order an Octavia in Hungary for the next 1 year

I can confirm this. Porsche Hungary (the importer of VAG brands in Hungary) has discontinued the sales of all Octavia 4 models, and probably this will happen in other countries too, soon. Skoda will introduce the facelift version sometime around this year, and if they want to deliver the new models from Q1 2024, first they must clear the backlog of the – now retired – old models.

BTW, mine is waiting for missing parts since mid-October (3,5 months now) without any news of a possible delivery date. It's crazy that after 16 months of waiting for a build week, they still produce cars just to park them for another several months... without knowing – or at least telling – the reality of a final delivery.

Good luck to everybody, who waits for a build week. Sadly, a confimed build week is not more than just a gambling now. When I got my VIN number last September, I thought that my torture is finally ending, but looking back, up until the build week at least I had something to wait for. Now the whole waiting is just a black hole. It can be here next week, or park around the factory for another more months.

I wrote a letter to the importer and wrote to several Skoda persons via LinkedIn. Their answer was more like a legal / polite way to say "f*ck yourself" than anything helpful. Of course, they will not tell me anything specific because in this case I can use it against the company, but somehow I waited for something more promising than "It will be worth the wait".

Edited by Sque4ler

I called into a Skoda dealer the other day to see if they had any information on lead times, played a little dumb to see what they say. He said that at the moment it’s an “e-noise emitter” that is causing delays and that’s having an effect on all IV models. He also said that the factory has given no time frames for the delays. Don’t know how true it is as it seems that the delays are down to multiple issues. I got the feeling he didn’t really know. 

12 hours ago, undercoversaint said:

I got the feeling he didn’t really know. 

I think that is the general position of the entire Skoda Dealer Network tbh..  No clear lead from the manufacturer and at best a wholly disjointed exchange of comms from HQ.

Us mere clients of the Dealer Network / customers of the brand are off the bottom of the chain of communications!!

Just had my first bit of news regarding build of the car - ordered end of November 2021- directly through VWFS  UK on Business lease:

"Your new Octavia Hatch SE L 1.4 TSI iV 204 PS DSG is currently allocated an unconfirmed build in the week commencing . Though this can still change depending on the factory schedule, based on that date we’d expect it to arrive at the dealership around ."

Great to hear it might be built, but obviously no info on delivery date or if it'll get built then sit awaiting parts

This was an SEL iV in Race blue, wireless charging, rear wiper, traffic assist and winter pack (heated seats, heated screen and heated wheel)

I hope everyone gets some unexpected good news soon!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Simon667 said:

Just had my first bit of news regarding build of the car - ordered end of November 2021- directly through VWFS  UK on Business lease:

"Your new Octavia Hatch SE L 1.4 TSI iV 204 PS DSG is currently allocated an unconfirmed build in the week commencing . Though this can still change depending on the factory schedule, based on that date we’d expect it to arrive at the dealership around ."

Great to hear it might be built, but obviously no info on delivery date or if it'll get built then sit awaiting parts

This was an SEL iV in Race blue, wireless charging, rear wiper, traffic assist and winter pack (heated seats, heated screen and heated wheel)

I hope everyone gets some unexpected good news soon!

From my experience the ‘unconfirmed build week’ means nothing, maybe you’ll get lucky though. 

Don't know about the way VAG/Skoda allocates build schedules but I've just taken delivery of my MY 23 vRS 2.0 TSi, which is an Oct 22 build according to my dealer.

They also claim that the NZ market is OK to place orders (I did not press them further on delivery dates), but then, ours is a small market - hardly even a rounding error in the overall scheme of things.

Also, I should advise that the iV models are about to be launched in India, which is now the third largest market for Skoda, so perhaps that is where the chips and battery packs are being allocated.

Sorry if I've spoiled anyone's day with the above.

3rd is good in the world of spin it is ahead of 4th..

Skoda are not a volume car manufacturer, and as important as the Indian market and manufacturing is they are not exactly concerned about lower emissions.

So the Enyaq will get publicity,  

VW / Skoda need Low emission vehicle first registrations in the EU and in the UK though, and the world regions that care not about the WLTP will get along just fine with the emissions of VW Group vehicles for a few years more.

http://www.best-selling-cars.com/brands/2022-full-year-global-skoda-worldwide-car-sales-by-model-and-country

Screenshot 2023-02-02 10.29.47.jpg

Edited by toot

I have an update first then a question... 2 weeks ago ish I posted on here that the car is in the port in Germany. Update yesterday, the car has been on the boat, arrived at docks in the UK, cleared the checks and is now on it's way to the dealer. This should be great news but here's my question...

- Would you insist on registering the car on March 1st if you were me? New plate and all? I get the impression that the dealer wants it in, registered and turned around ASAP. I was originally told August delivery and they'd happily register on 1st Sep for me.
I really feel like there's nobody who will ever prefer the older plate car come resale, even if the reg date is 2 weeks apart. Always gonna be a factor. Thoughts? I don't suppose I have any leverage over the dealer either?

• Like 1

I would tell them I'm going on holiday until 1st March and insist they register it then. You might feel the date registered is more important but others don't, the residual value of a 23 reg will almost certainly more than a 72reg.

6 hours ago, thommo41 said:

I have an update first then a question... 2 weeks ago ish I posted on here that the car is in the port in Germany. Update yesterday, the car has been on the boat, arrived at docks in the UK, cleared the checks and is now on it's way to the dealer. This should be great news but here's my question...

- Would you insist on registering the car on March 1st if you were me? New plate and all? I get the impression that the dealer wants it in, registered and turned around ASAP. I was originally told August delivery and they'd happily register on 1st Sep for me.
I really feel like there's nobody who will ever prefer the older plate car come resale, even if the reg date is 2 weeks apart. Always gonna be a factor. Thoughts? I don't suppose I have any leverage over the dealer either?

Same story with my Superb. Car in transit since 9th Dec 22, landed a week ago. Asked my dealer to delay registration till 1st March. Got told that they are supposed to register car within 2 weeks. However they spoke to their bosses and eventually they will register the car in March. Speak with them and they may do some magic ;)

Edited by lmb
Reason

5 hours ago, P100HP said:

I have never understood the fascination with having to have the latest registration.

When I am ever looking at used cars, it is always the 'date registered' I look at rather than the actual registration itself.

Having waited so long, I would just want the car asap.

It is just you. I never bother selling private and either leave the car as part exchange or sell to we buy any car like companies. And they do care about reg when comes to valuation. Not to mention that we have been waiting for so long that a few more weeks make no difference. 

I ordered an Octavia Estate SE L 1.5 TSI e-TEC 150 PS DSG back in Nov '21. Despite numerous enquiries, I have never received a build date or any other info. Today, I fired off another request for an update and received this Skoda reply from the dealer.

''Our supply team are aware of all the vehicles in the system that are showing in error (Error in Structure), they will be working over the next couple of weeks to clear them.  Until then, SLI will not populate with a build week and unfortunately, we cannot predict which build week will be allocated in SLI until cleared.  Please be aware we cannot chase any individual vehicles for scheduling or removing from error.''

So, status code is still 00 after 15 months. I can't recall having ever experienced such lousy, arrogant customer service from a manufacturer. Time to cancel this order.
SLI.pdfSLI.pdf

• Sad 1
  • Crying 1

On 03/02/2023 at 14:09, NGD said:

I would tell them I'm going on holiday until 1st March and insist they register it then. You might feel the date registered is more important but others don't, the residual value of a 23 reg will almost certainly more than a 72reg.

To be fair I am being told it’s Skoda uk that insist on the sale going through within 14 days of landing at dealer otherwise their price guarantee cannot be honoured. I am not personally bothered about the latest plate for status but you’re bang on I won’t be convinced otherwise, the world devalues the older plate regardless of the fact the car is weeks apart in some cases. What is now really getting me down though is the fact that if that’s true and I can’t get them to budge, I either get it in the next week and feel aggrieved, or pay well over a grand more to get it registered next month. Typical after all this time for this to happen. 

I’ve received an update today on my build

SEL IV estate in graphite grey + a few options including wireless charging. Ordered April 22.

Dealer said its now status 10 (showed me proof) with a build week of week 38, which is mid September. So it’ll be an MY ‘24 model I guess. I was hoping for pre-Summer delivery, but now maybe it’ll arrive before Christmas

I’m not sure how they can allocate a build week more than 6 months in the future. But maybe some of you will also receive some news this week 

Just had another update come through

"Your new Octavia Hatch SE L 1.4 TSI iV 204 PS DSG is currently allocated an unconfirmed build in the week commencing 16 October 2023. Though this can still change depending on the factory schedule, based on that date we’d expect it to arrive at the dealership around 27 November 2023."

If this is correct which i doubt at this point, it will be 2 years and 2 days from order to delivery....

• Groan 1

18 hours ago, thommo41 said:

To be fair I am being told it’s Skoda uk that insist on the sale going through within 14 days of landing at dealer otherwise their price guarantee cannot be honoured. I am not personally bothered about the latest plate for status but you’re bang on I won’t be convinced otherwise, the world devalues the older plate regardless of the fact the car is weeks apart in some cases. What is now really getting me down though is the fact that if that’s true and I can’t get them to budge, I either get it in the next week and feel aggrieved, or pay well over a grand more to get it registered next month. Typical after all this time for this to happen. 

Had the same situation with my car last year. It reached the dealers late December 2021, I asked them if it was possible to wait until March to get the car. They said that if I did that there would be a big price increase on the monthly payments as prices had increased.

Think I was very lucky all in all to order the car in July 2021 and receive it in January 2022.