Delivery times?

@Joss1733 Something is seriously wrong with the 12 month wait till now from ordering.

Are the communications you are getting from Skoda UK, a supplying dealership or the lease company? 

The Enyaq getting priority is understandable because in the EU and the UK the VW Group are using other manufacturers as partners to meet the Co2 average figures required to be sure they are not going to pay a penalty for failing on vehicles first registered and making no profit on vehicles built and sold.

VW Group are not going to manage to get enough mild or plug in hybrids first registered and the partner manufacturers are struggling with those and BEV's. 

Edited by roottoot

27 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Google translated part about Octavia line (M13) from union newspaper - Week 17 - http://www.odborykovomb.cz/skodovacky-odborar-2022/d-7079

M13 Octavia - On assembly
119 cars drove over the plan, net work in progress was 316 cars on Monday. Last week, a total of 3,489 cars were produced, of which 1,043 Enyaqs and 2,246 Octaves. 691 unfinished cars were also processed - 633 Enyaqs and 58 Octavia. This week they are already running the fastest bar in the M13, and that is 0.95, ie. that every 57 seconds a finished car will be driven, employees should produce 440 cars per shift. This week there are no night shifts and the whole Friday will be without a production program. Employees are happy to negotiate discounted tickets for the Time Aviation Day, which takes place on June 18 at the airport in Mladá Boleslav.

very interesting ,so they maybe light at the end of the tunnel for all of us waiting a long time for our cars.fingers crossed and thank you for the information.

21 minutes ago, roottoot said:

@Joss1733 Something is seriously wrong with the 12 month wait till now from ordering.

Are the communications you are getting from Skoda UK, a supplying dealership or the lease company? 

The Enyaq getting priority is understandable because in the EU and the UK the VW Group are using other manufacturers as partners to meet the Co2 average figures required to be sure they are not going to pay a penalty for failing on vehicles first registered and making no profit on vehicles built and sold.

VW Group are not going to manage to get enough mild or plug in hybrids first registered and the partner manufacturers are struggling with those and BEV's. 

my updates are from the dealership who say these updates are directly from skoda.

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2022 at 16:59, Senaid said:

Nope. I will call them in a day or two to check if there is any news. 🙃

Called them this morning. Standard procedure.

They don`t have informations, so they called the importer to check what is going on.

Importer claims to have 0 informations about what is my car waiting for(which part is missing)!

In 2 days it will be 13 months of this nonsense 🙃

Since there was no info about my car, i asked them what is going on with others. They replied that in the last few weeks cars are coming more frequently (all models).

Today they recived and update on 3 Octavias (Combi version with ambition package and all 3 ordered in begining/middle of the March 2021).

They claim that they recived an update on these 3 cars only when they were already in Slovenia. Not even an update that they were in transit.

Also told me that my car is the only one that has VIN number amongst all their orders until June 2021.

Really stupid situation that is costing me money and nerves... :rofl:

• Like 2

Customer service blows here. They know they will get a better price and don’t care if we cancel. I hope it backfires on them somehow. What also worries me is the quality of materials being built in - because of shortages everywhere they use parts that would otherwise go to scrap (heard this from a vag grp supplier).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senaid said:

Called them this morning. Standard procedure.

They don`t have informations, so they called the importer to check what is going on.

Importer claims to have 0 informations about what is my car waiting for(which part is missing)!

In 2 days it will be 13 months of this nonsense 🙃

Since there was no info about my car, i asked them what is going on with others. They replied that in the last few weeks cars are coming more frequently (all models).

Today they recived and update on 3 Octavias (Combi version with ambition package and all 3 ordered in begining/middle of the March 2021).

They claim that they recived an update on these 3 cars only when they were already in Slovenia. Not even an update that they were in transit.

Also told me that my car is the only one that has VIN number amongst all their orders until June 2021.

Really stupid situation that is costing me money and nerves... :rofl:

i feel for you and all of the others who waiting for there cars,i was updated this afternoon and pushed back 1 week to 10 june .that would make it 55 weeks not as bad as your wait.as somebody said today cars are starting to be built and completed so we may get some better new soon.

Customer service is non-existent at Škoda xD

Honestly i don`t even care about the quality anymore. This will probably be the first and the last Škoda i will ever own.

What ****es me the most is that i am waiting for 13 months, and still got nothing while other people that ordered way after me are driving their cars(Octavias).

I would understand if i ordered something that is full speced with all fu*king extras and bull*hits that they offer. But no, just simple Octavia with style pacake and some extras that are really nothing special.

So no camera, no matrix lights, no 3-cone clima, no Canton...and so on. And people that ordered all that stuff, got their car before.

Only Škoda knows why... or do they? :thumbdown:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Honestly i don`t even care about the quality anymore. This will probably be the first and the last Škoda i will ever own.

What ****es me the most is that i am waiting for 13 months, and still got nothing while other people that ordered way after me are driving their cars(Octavias).

I would understand if i ordered something that is full speced with all fu*king extras and bull*hits that they offer. But no, just simple Octavia with style pacake and some extras that are really nothing special.

So no camera, no matrix lights, no 3-cone clima, no Canton...and so on. And people that ordered all that stuff, got their car before.

i understand your anger and who can blame you,i am p.ss67d right off as well and no doubt many others that dont come onto this website.will be feeling the same.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Another Style here, no camera, no matrix, no Canton…. We’re really not amused 🙄

2 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

Another Style here, no camera, no matrix, no Canton…. We’re really not amused 🙄

Hello guys, another customer from SI here, who is patiently waiting for a new Octavia. I ordered it in July 2021, the 1.5 Ambition version at Porsche Verovskova. I haven't received any news about my order yet. I stopped bothering them in December last year, and I'm patiently waiting for their call, as you do 🤔😒

• Love it! 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, AudreySI said:

Hello guys, another customer from SI here, who is patiently waiting for a new Octavia. I ordered it in July 2021, the 1.5 Ambition version at Porsche Verovskova. I haven't received any news about my order yet. I stopped bothering them in December last year, and I'm patiently waiting for their call, as you do 🤔😒

join the club we will need anger management treatment by the time we get our cars.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

join the club we will need anger management treatment by the time we get our cars.

😀 Maybe they will provide us with some sedative (read it: 🍻 or Xanax or similar) when the waiting period is over, and we will finally take over the new car 😀.

1 minute ago, Ajdolin said:

You see, we already have an angry mob forming, and the gladiator to lead the way 😉😁

Or we can all throw a party when we become the proud owner of a long-awaited car 😃

Just now, AudreySI said:

Or we can all throw a party when we become the proud owner of a long-awaited car 😃

Yep, that will be the day 😁

on a side note: how do you manage without calling them and asking for info? I know I wouldn’t be able to keep myself from calling or emailing them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Police is probably the biggest reason for our suffering. They used up our quota. :)

Which I guess is small anyway… I think the number of ppl waiting here in SI is much bigger than the few of us who are already active on this forum. 
Next week is week 20, supposedly my delivery date, we’ll see what happens. With all of you having no info I am quite surprised that I actually have some (true or not, time will tell).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ajdolin said:

Yep, that will be the day 😁

On a side note: how do you manage without calling them and asking for info? I know I wouldn’t be able to keep myself from calling or emailing them.

Because I got the same answers as you did, the seller said I would be informed when the car gets into production. I was checking more often the status of my order with the dealer after the initial period of 4 months; it was a delivery period defined in the contract. They also told me there was a burndown of a manufacturing unit, which produces the interiors of Octavia in Spain. There has been a lack of semiconductors for some time, and now the war in Ukraine, which cut down the supply of cables to the automotive industry, made me realise I'm going to wait for my car for quite some time 😐. I was curious about the experience of other customers; that's how I found you (  this thread ) 😀 and some other discussions where customers complain of long waiting/ delivery periods; beyond 9 months. 

33 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

The factory for interior door panels burned down in Czech Republic.

You probably mean this info https://chng.it/cJG9FvGN9M

But there was another one end of last year, if I recall correctly, in Spain, also of an interior supplier. I was told about the burndown by the car dealer.