Delivery times?

1 hour ago, Zhivkov00 said:

Of course, what’s why I said this is just my speculation and understanding. Although I doubt Skoda are going to publicly admit the things I pointed out…

2 hours ago, NicktheGreek said:

Hello Ralliskara,

Your theory may be true. However according to the info I have my car is not yet built and thus waiting in a parking lot. So the fact is that I have ordered 1.5 months earlier than you and still no production date while at the same time your car is already produced and in its way for delivery. Please don't misunderstand me. I feel happy that you will get your car soon, as you supposed to. I am just curious to understand the mechanics behind the whole situation. "Not that it matters but I have to be occupied with something until I get my car as well" :) 

Ordered from Koilakos !

Hi Nick

No misunderstanding at all . I really understand how you feel . The fact is that Skodas priority on delivery is a mess .

I would go to koilakos and push them for more info . Not that you will get the car sooner , its not up to them , but at least you will not be on the blind.

Is the price you agreed fixed or open on delivery ?

I really think  and wish you will have good news in the next days. 

My take on it, FWIW, is that producing cars right now must be a logisitical nightmare, with part finished cars being stored up, some orders that can't be completed, some that can be completed in one go etc etc. Putting all of these cars into some sort of order probably requires the logistics to be considered first and foremost, with honoring the chronological order of the orginial orders some way down the priority list, if indeed it makes that list at all. So from the outside it looks fairly random, but I imagine there is a system at work in there somewhere..

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 14:39, koolgoose said:

Just had notification that my car is built, and now on the way to the port before coming over to the U.K., expected to be delivered in January.

The details you’ll all want:

Ordered through Leaseplan, placed with Listers in Coventry

Octavia SEL 1.4 PHEV/iV

Brilliant silver, otherwise no extras

Order placed with Leaseplan in June, but accepted by Skoda in early July. Was quoted 20 weeks lead time, will come out around 25 depending on final delivery date!

Good luck to you all!

Just been told to expect the vehicle to be ready for delivery to me w/c 3rd January which will be 3 weeks after it's left the factory, although unsure if the holidays will hold anything up slightly.

• Like 2

I ordered a 1.5tsi SE estate in mid-July and was given an ambitious mid-November delivery date needless to say this wasn’t met.

However, just this morning had a email from the dealer to say the car has just left the line and is sat awaiting transport to the port for shipping.

It should be available to pick up from the dealer in January, so all in all not to long a wait… 

• Like 3

Seems a few of us have just had similar emails from our dealers.  I've just had an email to say my car has changed to STATUS30 which means its built and is in transit to the port and to expect it early in the new year.  Good news as I was previously told to plan for it not being here by Feb when my lease car goes back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

Is there any e mail address to contactcustome services regarding status of car delivery.sickto death of getting texts with changing build dates and delivery dates.

If in UK the Skoda UK has a contact us email available. I’ve already tried that route as the web chat stopped giving out any info on build status, but contacting customer services was a waste of time. Ended up getting a scripted phone call and wouldn’t give out any build date/ delivery information just the same script of all car manufacturers are in the same situation, ended up hanging up.

1 hour ago, Joss1733 said:

Is there any e mail address to contactcustome services regarding status of car delivery.sickto death of getting texts with changing build dates and delivery dates.

At least you are getting updates! I have heard nothing unprompted at all from my dealer in 3 months, but to be fair he did answer fairly quickly to a request for an update about 3 weeks ago. I don't want to keep pestering him tho, so will limit myself to monthly update requests. It would be nice to know that I would get updates if anything changes - perhaps that only happens once the build has started?

1 hour ago, Mattster21 said:

At least you are getting updates! I have heard nothing unprompted at all from my dealer in 3 months, but to be fair he did answer fairly quickly to a request for an update about 3 weeks ago. I don't want to keep pestering him tho, so will limit myself to monthly update requests. It would be nice to know that I would get updates if anything changes - perhaps that only happens once the build has started?

It seems to be very dealer specific - my lease company would give me a monthly update, but I was contacting the dealer directly to get more detailed information. I had nothing unprompted from them.

My colleague ordered an Audi, and was told nothing until they got a phone call that the car was ready for collection!

1 hour ago, koolgoose said:

It seems to be very dealer specific - my lease company would give me a monthly update, but I was contacting the dealer directly to get more detailed information. I had nothing unprompted from them.

My colleague ordered an Audi, and was told nothing until they got a phone call that the car was ready for collection!

Yeah, communication could definitely be improved. The best would be some sort of login so that you could just go and check on the status of your order - this would also save the dealerhsips the work of responding to queries.

On 14/12/2021 at 10:09, Lee_P said:

I ordered a 1.5tsi SE estate in mid-July and was given an ambitious mid-November delivery date needless to say this wasn’t met.

However, just this morning had a email from the dealer to say the car has just left the line and is sat awaiting transport to the port for shipping.

It should be available to pick up from the dealer in January, so all in all not to long a wait… 

Before the dealer contacted you that the car left the line, have you had any other information about the production of the car (production date,...)? Or did it go from 0 information, to ''it's finished''?

I order in the beginning of August, and still have zero information. 😞

2 hours ago, Rookie97 said:

Before the dealer contacted you that the car left the line, have you had any other information about the production of the car (production date,...)? Or did it go from 0 information, to ''it's finished''?

I order in the beginning of August, and still have zero information. 😞

The dealer had been giving me regular updates, albeit the updates we only to say they had check the build system and the order was awaiting factory acceptance.

This only changed 2 weeks ago, when a week 50 build date was assigned. 

1 hour ago, Lee_P said:

The dealer had been giving me regular updates, albeit the updates we only to say they had check the build system and the order was awaiting factory acceptance.

This only changed 2 weeks ago, when a week 50 build date was assigned. 

Just curious Lee, but did you ever have a "provisional" build date? This is what I have at the moment (apparently), and just wondering what it means in the real world and how likely a provisional build date is to become a real build date.

I guess if anyone ordered a diesel car, they can expect up to 1 year of waiting time xD...

Everything else is getting done quicker :)

I talked with a few dealers in my country, and all said pretty much the same thing:

EV, hybrids and petrol cars - 6 to 8 months (less for EVs and hybrids)

diesels - 8+ months

I ordered in April and still no informations, but saw a few cars that arrived here and all of them were petrol/hybrid cars :thinking:

I asked why, but didn`t get the answer xD

Edited by Senaid

For those, that are still waiting on the car to be built, provisional build weeks are visible in the Skoda order application at the dealer. For those, who have a VIN and their car partly built (like me) no further build plans are visible in the system.

Saw it today with my own eyes. My dealer showed me the system in desparation, because he cannot provide me any more info than that.

8 hours ago, Senaid said:

I guess if anyone ordered a diesel car, they can expect up to 1 year of waiting time xD...

Everything else is getting done quicker :)

I talked with a few dealers in my country, and all said pretty much the same thing:

EV, hybrids and petrol cars - 6 to 8 months (less for EVs and hybrids)

diesels - 8+ months

I ordered in April and still no informations, but saw a few cars that arrived here and all of them were petrol/hybrid cars :thinking:

I asked why, but didn`t get the answer xD

I ordered petrol version but still don't have the car (10 months and counting) althogh it is build waiting parts. 

But you are right it looks like they are preferring lower emission vehicles and since I order 2.0 Tsi it doesn't count as low emission :D All latest post are mentioning 1.5 tsi cars, but not a lot of RS versions. 

I did talk to dealer about month ago and he said that they will try to finish all unfinished cars with missing parts by the end of year but I don't think that's true. I will talk to him again soon so he doesn't forget about me but I don't expect any new news :D

2 hours ago, MobifriK said:

I did talk to dealer about month ago and he said that they will try to finish all unfinished cars with missing parts by the end of year but I don't think that's true. I will talk to him again soon so he doesn't forget about me but I don't expect any new news :D

That was the official Skoda position as mentioned in their internal newspaper. But I guess plans change?

Skoda is currently producing cars that they can fully complete (also in the internal newspaper) as they don't want to increase their stocks of semi-finished cars. That is why we are seeing orders from June, July being completed, rather than our 99% finished cars, sitting in the parking lots. 😞 Only the surpluss parts are being allocated to finishing incomplete cars.

According to the customers, who are reporting deliveries (forum data), currently Skoda is finishing cars that were semi-produced in weeks 29 and 30 right now. Mine was produced in week 35, so there is hope. :)

13 hours ago, Mattster21 said:

Just curious Lee, but did you ever have a "provisional" build date? This is what I have at the moment (apparently), and just wondering what it means in the real world and how likely a provisional build date is to become a real build date.

As far as i’m aware, I never had a ‘provisional’ build date. My status went straight from awaiting factory acceptance to a ‘real’ build date of week 50 just two weeks before being build. 

43 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

As far as i’m aware, I never had a ‘provisional’ build date. My status went straight from awaiting factory acceptance to a ‘real’ build date of week 50 just two weeks before being build. 

Thanks Lee. I'm wondering if "provisional" is just  a word my dealer used himself, rather than an official designation, on the basis that all build dates are provisional until it has actually happened. I do have a week, which is week 1 2022, although that sounds implausibly soon to me (ordered end Sept, 1.5 Tsi SE estate).

19 hours ago, Mattster21 said:

Where did you get that from Jonny? Also, commiserations - what model have you ordered?

The leasing company send a monthly update. It's not moved from there from July. I'm literally at the point of cancelling it. Lose money, OK, but I'm not waiting another 5 months for a bog standard car. 

Octavia Estate  1.0 tsi no options.