Delivery times?

VRS iV Estate in Red Velvet ordered in June, I was originally given a week 34 build, then week 44, then 'we don't know' which was very helpful.

Had a message from the dealer today to say the car is built and on the way. Should have it in December apparently. Which will be a lovely Christmas Present if it happens.

Edited by MickyD44
  • Like 3

Spoke to my dealer this week and my vRS iV estate in race blue (canton, dcc, rear camera, full winter pack, blind spot) ordered end of July should have entered build in week 43. It hasn’t and dealer doesn’t know when it will. So technically not been given a build date yet, but week 43 was probably based on original quoted date of end of December when ordered. What they did say was that the only update they would get (or perhaps give me) is when it was complete and leaving factory. 

• Like 1

Had an email update from my dealer today. When he checked last week it was stating week 46 build (beginning 21/11/21) but now it states build week 0. It might be built but until the factory confirms anything, I wont know anything else. Ordered VRS in silver last week of September and added a few options (rear view camera and winter pack) on 28th October. Good news though, the dealer has had a few car come through with short order times so things might be improving or people are cancelling their orders. 

1 hour ago, Capetown90 said:

Had an email update from my dealer today. When he checked last week it was stating week 46 build (beginning 21/11/21) but now it states build week 0. It might be built but until the factory confirms anything, I wont know anything else. Ordered VRS in silver last week of September and added a few options (rear view camera and winter pack) on 28th October. Good news though, the dealer has had a few car come through with short order times so things might be improving or people are cancelling their orders. 

There is no such think as build week 0, 

Must be nothing scheduled, or cancelled

Dec 27th - Jan 2nd is week 52 (2021)

Jan 3rd - Jan 9th is week 01 (2022)

20 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is no such think as build week 0, 

Must be nothing scheduled, or cancelled

Dec 27th - Jan 2nd is week 52 (2021)

Jan 3rd - Jan 9th is week 01 (2022)

I understand that there's no week 0 but a few days earlier it was stating N/A so things have changed a little. I did question the build week but he stated it likely to be built and waiting for parts so no confirmed build week. 

On 23/11/2021 at 13:29, koolgoose said:

Just spoke with my dealer, and the car did go into build on week 44, but it hasn’t yet completed. Presumably it’s missing something and now the real waiting game begins..!

Lease company just advised they’re expecting the car to arrive before Christmas, I’m sceptical as dealer only said last week that it’s not finished build yet.

Octavia estate 1.4 PHEV SEL in Silver, ordered in July

The last few days I read that magnesium stocks are at critical levels, as the Chinese have reduced exports by 50%.  Apparently, in the next 2-3 months, the crisis could be much worse than it was with the chips if something is not done.  Which, in the end, would mean even greater production delays or even the complete closure of car factories. I hope that in the meantime they will find a solution to the new potential crisis that could come

• Groan 1

Finally, I have been given a build date of week 50. Up until now the order had not even been accepted by the factory. I ordered mid- July so on the grand scale of things, if the car is built then, the wait won’t have been too bad. This is however for one of the more basic spec models, an SE estate 1.5tsi. 

fingers crossed, it is built then and hopefully should arrive here in the UK in January…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

Finally, I have been given a build date of week 50. Up until now the order had not even been accepted by the factory. I ordered mid- July so on the grand scale of things, if the car is built then, the wait won’t have been too bad. This is however for one of the more basic spec models, an SE estate 1.5tsi. 

fingers crossed, it is built then and hopefully should arrive here in the UK in January…

Thanks for the uptdate Lee, that gives me a bit of hope since we have ordered the exact same model, perhaps two months after you. It sounds like things are moving a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomber987 said:

The last few days I read that magnesium stocks are at critical levels, as the Chinese have reduced exports by 50%.  Apparently, in the next 2-3 months, the crisis could be much worse than it was with the chips if something is not done.  Which, in the end, would mean even greater production delays or even the complete closure of car factories. I hope that in the meantime they will find a solution to the new potential crisis that could come

That is the reason Skoda is currently focusing almost all efforts into building new vehicles and less effort into completing the unfinished ones. I read that in the Checz forum (although it was not officially confirmed). If the magnesium stocks run out, they will have still a fleet of unfinished vehicles to pump out...

9 minutes ago, drnovshek said:

That is the reason Skoda is currently focusing almost all efforts into building new vehicles and less effort into completing the unfinished ones. I read that in the Checz forum (although it was not officially confirmed). If the magnesium stocks run out, they will have still a fleet of unfinished vehicles to pump out...

that makes a lot of sense for skoda to build as many as they can if magnesium is going to be in short supply

the chinese have f000ked up the whole world  , i wonder if they are doing it intentionally   😒

Have read a couple of articles on the Magnesium issue, seems to be easing a little but is likely to cause issues for the next 6 months atleast - hopefully Skoda will have plenty of semi conductors in stock atleast. Bloomberg at the end of October were reporting that 35/50 plants had shut in the main production province and the rest were running at 50%, however the remaining plants are now upto around 70% production. Only 1 month into the wait and I'm already getting itchy feet, don't know how some of you long termers have coped! 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Have read a couple of articles on the Magnesium issue, seems to be easing a little but is likely to cause issues for the next 6 months atleast - hopefully Skoda will have plenty of semi conductors in stock atleast. Bloomberg at the end of October were reporting that 35/50 plants had shut in the main production province and the rest were running at 50%, however the remaining plants are now upto around 70% production. Only 1 month into the wait and I'm already getting itchy feet, don't know how some of you long termers have coped! 

The ever changing deliveries date should carry a health warning.ie blood pressure may rise on a upwards trend when delivery dates are missed.

• Haha 1

I ordered SE L 1.5 manual estate end of July when they were running 0% finance deals. Was told by Marshall Skoda that it will take 18 weeks, which means I should have got it around now. All I keep getting instead is fortnightly emails saying "We are still waiting for the factory to confirm your build and allocate a build week". I'm mentally prepared that I will not gonna get it until summer and only hope that they will honour finance deal and price. If they take any longer might as well cancel and pre-order next gen Superb coming out late 2023 🤣.

33 minutes ago, edgarss said:

I ordered SE L 1.5 manual estate end of July when they were running 0% finance deals. Was told by Marshall Skoda that it will take 18 weeks, which means I should have got it around now. All I keep getting instead is fortnightly emails saying "We are still waiting for the factory to confirm your build and allocate a build week". I'm mentally prepared that I will not gonna get it until summer and only hope that they will honour finance deal and price. If they take any longer might as well cancel and pre-order next gen Superb coming out late 2023 🤣.

I was quoted 20 weeks for mine beginning of July, it's not built yet either 😞 and by that lead time should be arriving this week 

1 hour ago, edgarss said:

skoda prices are increasing from tomorrow, so worth checking the wording on the paperwork you signed.

On my paperwork it says, if manufacturers prices increase between signing the contract and taking delivery , they will give you notice of the extra £££ due and if you dont want to pay it, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of receiving notice.  It then says if you fail to notify them that you wish to cancel, then the increased amount will be added to your final bill.

The thing is though, it does'nt say when they will give you notice of any price increases [ it just says we will give you notice]  so they could let you wait 8 months till the car arrives , then tell you,  if you want the car it will be £xxx amount extra, take it or leave it  😂

But dealers would'nt do such a thing, would they   😂😂😂

I placed an order for Octavia Estate 1.5 SEL Manual with no extras on 26.8 .21 

I asked dealer for update this morning .

Factory has accepted order but no build date allocated .

Am not in any rush so happy to wait .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 310golfr said:

On my paperwork it says, if manufacturers prices increase between signing the contract and taking delivery , they will give you notice of the extra £££ due and if you dont want to pay it, you have the right to cancel within 14 days of receiving notice.  It then says if you fail to notify them that you wish to cancel, then the increased amount will be added to your final bill.

I'm assuming that they don't actually do this though, do they? When I ordered mine (via Drive the Deal) part of the sell was to get in before any price rises, so certainly the spirit of the deal, if not the letter, would imply that my price is locked in. I'd be extremely peeved if they tried to extract more money from me during this process on top of the 6+ month wait!

If your through a Broker,so Drive the Deal etc the price is fixed from when you order and pay deposit 

Checked with my Broker

Not sure of direct with dealer. There are different regulations with distance selling also

Still waiting for octavia 2.0 tsi vrs dsg ordered mid May now with build week 9

On order form says factory fit can change . So looks like I have scored for virtual pedal and in winter pack tri zone climate and heated rear seats 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattster21 said:

I'm assuming that they don't actually do this though, do they? When I ordered mine (via Drive the Deal) part of the sell was to get in before any price rises, so certainly the spirit of the deal, if not the letter, would imply that my price is locked in. I'd be extremely peeved if they tried to extract more money from me during this process on top of the 6+ month wait!

i'm not sure if the price you sign for is set and wont be increased, it was drivethedeal that i ordered through as well ,  but the contract is obviously with the dealer and what i said earlier about increases in prices is printed on there contract terms / conditions.

when i ordered my superb i got a £3250 deposit contribution, which was reduced to £3000 a few weeks after i ordered, now we have skoda prices increasing by 2.5 % from today, so if  they dont honour the price signed for, it's gonna add a fair bit onto the price and as you say along with the 7 months or so wait, there would be a lot of pi$$ed off people and they would end up with a lot of bad press.

1 hour ago, Tellster said:

If your through a Broker,so Drive the Deal etc the price is fixed from when you order and pay deposit 

Checked with my Broker

Not sure of direct with dealer. There are different regulations with distance selling also

Still waiting for octavia 2.0 tsi vrs dsg ordered mid May now with build week 9

On order form says factory fit can change . So looks like I have scored for virtual pedal and in winter pack tri zone climate and heated rear seats 

you ordered through drivethedeal ?

hope your right about prices being fixed  😀

6 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

Just wondering has anyone recently had a Octavia estate 4x4 vrs Diesel 200bhp delivered? If so can you please tell me when you ordered I'd please.

Not what you or i want to hear, but i have'nt heard anyone on here who is waiting on a diesel saying they have got there car   😂

it's seem to be all been iv and petrol engine cars that are being delivered, maybe thats because diesels are not as popular now, so less people ordering, i dont know.

But i've been thinking about why some people who order later get there car earlier

if your car starts to get built and they have all the parts, you would think that they would finish it, but if they dont have the parts, it gets sent out to a field somewhere along with other unfinished cars.

Once it's out in the field or airfield or where ever they put them,  it's likely to get surrounded by more unfinished  cars, now i'm assuming that all these unfinished cars are not driveable,

so to get one out from the middle is a lot of hassle, and when some parts are in short supply,  why bother when they can use the parts needed to finish a car, for cars that are currently on the production line.

So maybe delivery time depends on whether they already have the parts for your car when it starts to get built

• Like 1