1200k done and dealer visit tomorrow

parsey83

Hi folks

I have now completed just over 1200 miles in my vrs 245 tsi. I’m very impressed overall so far and the engine has loosened up nicely with mpg increasing to high 30s on my normal commute of a relatively short 17 mile round trip. Also pushed the car on a bit and she handles quite well for her size and weight. Brakes are good and the diff works well to aid traction. The car is a real mile muncher 

She goes into dealer tomorrow for some software updates which I’m hopeful will improve the somewhat clunky infotainment. I’ve been told there are some 15 different systems they need to check for updates but won’t know what’s available update wise until they plug the car in

I’ve a small list of niggles for them to look and some questions namely

Defective catch on sunglasses holder which won’t allow it to stay closed 

Worn paint on the drivers vrs kick plate after careful washing 

Clarification around sound actuator 

strange loud rattle on first cold start up of a day

Overly intrusive and IMO dangerous lane assist interventions

climate panel opening when activating heated steering wheel 

I’ll update and let you all know how I get on  

• Like 1

Good luck. I think updates should fix at least the climate panel opening and lane assist. Fingers crossed!

My dealer told me some updates for certain modules can take as much as an hour to finish. So 15 updates can take quite some time to finish. :biggrin:

Do you have any pictures of that worn paint on drivers kick plate?

Car collected after some 6 hours of software updates

They have ordered me a new sunglass holder and a replacement kick plate

As for sound actuator it appears early uk cars got the heated steering wheel as standard in place of the sound actuator. Dealer making further enquiries but they are of the opinion there is an additional speaker for cars with it

I am now on software 1668 up from 1666. Heated steering wheel button no longer activates climate screen on infotainment. Infotainment feels a bit snappier. Also the car definitely feels more responsive on throttle so not sure if something has changed here or just a reset etc

They also told me lane assist has been toned down a bit 

Not sure but I know people from the mk8 fit forums are running differing software versions dependant on market. I will take a pic of my entire software info and post. It doesn’t appear as though VAG publish their change logs

On 18/02/2021 at 17:35, parsey83 said:

Hi folks

I have now completed just over 1200 miles in my vrs 245 tsi. I’m very impressed overall so far and the engine has loosened up nicely with mpg increasing to high 30s on my normal commute of a relatively short 17 mile round trip. Also pushed the car on a bit and she handles quite well for her size and weight. Brakes are good and the diff works well to aid traction. The car is a real mile muncher 

She goes into dealer tomorrow for some software updates which I’m hopeful will improve the somewhat clunky infotainment. I’ve been told there are some 15 different systems they need to check for updates but won’t know what’s available update wise until they plug the car in

I’ve a small list of niggles for them to look and some questions namely

Defective catch on sunglasses holder which won’t allow it to stay closed 

Worn paint on the drivers vrs kick plate after careful washing 

Clarification around sound actuator 

strange loud rattle on first cold start up of a day

Overly intrusive and IMO dangerous lane assist interventions

climate panel opening when activating heated steering wheel 

I’ll update and let you all know how I get on  

Thats great to hear regarding the update of climate panel opening when pressing the heated s/w button...so annoying - will defo take mine in as Im on software v1666!

Im around the 1100k mark now and defo feel engine has loosened up....I use the display setting on the dash to ensure oil has warmed up properly before giving it some :)

Very handy to have that essential data IMO (oil temperature)

2 hours ago, Jamster330 said:

Thats great to hear regarding the update of climate panel opening when pressing the heated s/w button...so annoying - will defo take mine in as Im on software v1666!

Im around the 1100k mark now and defo feel engine has loosened up....I use the display setting on the dash to ensure oil has warmed up properly before giving it some :)

Very handy to have that essential data IMO (oil temperature)

Yes oil temp at least 80 before I push her on. When UK lockdown ends I am really looking forward to taking the family in the car to tour Scotland nc500 etc. Perfect car for it IMO

1 hour ago, parsey83 said:

Yes oil temp at least 80 before I push her on. When UK lockdown ends I am really looking forward to taking the family in the car to tour Scotland nc500 etc. Perfect car for it IMO

On my list as well to do the NC500 in the VRS...I've heard its the equivalent if not better than Route 66

1 hour ago, Nissen82 said:

So only diesel versions not showing oil temp only water? :(

Thats a strange confiuguration set up for petrol vs diesel...does your model display gearbox oil temp as it does in the petrol model?

1 hour ago, parsey83 said:

It’s going to be like the M25 at rush hour after lockdown. Everyone seems to be planning it. I’m waiting. I want to actually drive it, not get stuck 20 cars deep behind a motor home. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

Thats a strange confiuguration set up for petrol vs diesel...does your model display gearbox oil temp as it does in the petrol model?

No, only water temp. I saw on Youtube that it is possible to fix somehow. 

I think these are different kind of updates. Updating of system/computer modules (like clima, kessy, etc...) requires dealer intervention and can't be updated remotely. On the other hand, updates for the infotainment system are automatic and cen be done over car's internet connection.

Hi..does anyone know how to disable the Auto On function for heated s/wheel and heated drivers seat...found it a few weeks ago when it was bitterly cold but now want to disable the feature but cant for the life of me find the appropriate menu via the infotainment screen🤔🤔 

24 minutes ago, Kenfold said:

Afternoon,

Bit random I know but are the wheel wells carpeted or not? Mine arrives next month and just mentally preparing to clean carpeted wheel wells :D:D

Never seen carpet in a Skoda wheel well. Sometimes it's not even painted in the body colour to save money so regardless of the colour you have chosen it might arrive finished in primer grey.

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I think @Kenfold is talking about the outside wheel wells. Not the one for spare wheel. And yes, they are carpet like. Not sure the exact material is, but it's certainly not plastic.

I must correct myself. In the front there is a normal smooth plastic in the wheel wells. And at the back it's a hard carpet like material.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I must correct myself. In the front there is a normal smooth plastic in the wheel wells. And at the back it's a hard carpet like material.

Cheers for the reply, at least it is just the two rear ones that will take forever to clean then lol. 

• Haha 1