anyone had chrome peel from interior door handle ?

anyone had a interior door handle? Seems quite a common issue on VAG.

Anyone managed to get it done as a warranty item? They may exclude it as cosmetic - but it is sharp and danger of cutting finger.

Edited by Jase_31

• Jase_31 changed the title to anyone had chrome peel from interior door handle ?

Thanks. No sweat / rings etc. It is only on the passenger door handle (that isnt used much). I jumped in as a passenger yesterday, and nearly cut my fingers. It is very sharp.

I have to speak to Skoda about another warranty issue - Ill mentioned it and see what they say.

3 hours ago, Jase_31 said:

Thanks. No sweat / rings etc. It is only on the passenger door handle (that isnt used much). I jumped in as a passenger yesterday, and nearly cut my fingers. It is very sharp.

I have to speak to Skoda about another warranty issue - Ill mentioned it and see what they say.

Same handle on ours is peeling on the inside. Not sharp luckily. Skoda wanted €100 plus to fix so we ignored it.

• 2 years later...

Yes.  I discovered this when a friend of ours exited the car with a bleeding hand.  We found the chrome on the interior door handle to be delaminating and sticking up with razor sharp edges.  I have put tape over it for now.   May replace with heat shrink tubing.  Found the handles on the other three doors to be deteriorating a little but not enough to cause injury.  Not hugely impressed tbh.  

I also have the problem on the dsg lever with chrome peeling away leaving a razor sharp edge.  Can live with it for now.

DSG lever chrome /plastic on my car peeled away but out of warranty. Has cut my finger so covered with tape . the joys of wearing a wedding ring I guess. Not ideal, but have not looked into the price of a new lever.

Edited by Matchman55
missed some words