That Interview.

@Lee

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

I'm gonna call the intro of episode three 'A wake up call'.

I admit I have not watched it, but my understanding from the press and media coverage is there’s a lot of mum was great dad was awful in it.

If that understanding is true it sounds like a hurt child rebelling against the parent that “cost him his mum”.  

I could understand the peeved at the pap but not if it is throwing rocks at family.

@Lee as you’re watching it, is that accurate?

Also wake up call in what way?

9 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I admit I have not watched it, but my understanding from the press and media coverage is there’s a lot of mum was great dad was awful in it.

If that understanding is true it sounds like a hurt child rebelling against the parent that “cost him his mum”.  

I could understand the peeved at the pap but not if it is throwing rocks at family.

@Lee as you’re watching it, is that accurate?

Also wake up call in what way?

I don't recall them actually slagging of the Royal family or Harry's father or brother as such tbh.

Wake up call - to Britain's not so glorious and murky past. Empire, colonialism, racism etc. The parts of British history we weren't taught in school.

Edited by @Lee

Are we certain now that KC3 is Harry's father?   Good to know. 

I see that 'cruel trolls' have raised that matter again since these programmes. 

Easy enough for people to assume things when the pictures of the Captains are looked at. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

Out of curiosity, I just had a search on the Daily Mail website. In their search box I entered the words 'Harry Meghan'. It returned 42 articles about Harry and Meghan. 
A surprisingly low number for a couple who have had lots of coverage since they met one would think. But, that was from the past TWO DAYS alone. 
For a rag that calls them attention seekers, it sure as hell gives them an unbelievable amount of attention.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=Harry+Meghan

• Like 1

I've just watched E3 again and it seems pretty clear to me that what's happening is they're attacking the media for their relentless coverage and printing downright lies about them and *that* seems to be the reason why the media are coming out against this series so vociferously. 
The curtsey appears to be what an American's idea of what a curtsey is. A 'Disneyesque' over exaggerated curtsey. Apparently it's also seen at 'Ren Fests'. I think it's more likely she was laughing at herself as she now knows how to curtsey but didn't before meeting/ marrying Harry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_fair

Fjg4L-MWYAI8O7Z.jpg.f3c646428d96bb8735aa4575ffc8383b.jpg

Edited by @Lee

I've just finished watching the final three episodes and so far my conclusion is that it's a brilliant exposé of the totally dysfunctional British media. Especially the printed tabloid variety.

I'll rewatch it again over the weeken but if anyone can tell me why Piers Morgan et al aren't *****, I'm all ears. Just like Chas.

Wow. So much bile and pure hate from Jeremy Clarkson in this piece in The S*n. I'd say she's living rent free in his head if thoughts of her keep him up at night.
Extract below in image - article in the link.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20782114/harry-meghan-netflix-series-truth/

Incidentally, Camilla hosted a lunch this week. In attendance were Piers Morgan, a Daily Fail Editor and.......... Jeremy Clarkson.
Is Camilla briefing them? No wonder they left.

FkMAWE1WYAU0xEw.thumb.jpg.f1a06f6061d0bf255b6b8284eb7627a9.jpg

• Confused 1

The 'newspaper' that published his piece has now removed it.

I noticed the editor of the 'newspaper'that published it was on the Kuenssberg programme yesterday. A perfect time for the BBCs political editor and other panellists to ask her why she published it and if she agreed with it but apparently it went unmentioned.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:11, toot said:

Are we certain now that KC3 is Harry's father?   Good to know. 

I see that 'cruel trolls' have raised that matter again since these programmes. 

Easy enough for people to assume things when the pictures of the Captains are looked at. 

I don't know how such a wild conspiracy theory ever gained momentum. Clearly King Charles III is Harry's father.

I don't know why so many people are mean to Harry and Meghan. I've even seen a conspiracy theory that Meghan has had cosmetic surgery.

Harry and Meghan have been so open about their relationship and the troubles they have had with the Royal Family.

They've shown tremendous fortitude and courage, and all they get back from the media and public is hate.

36 minutes ago, EnterName said:

I don't know why so many people are mean to Harry and Meghan....

Harry and Meghan have been so open about their relationship and the troubles they have had with the Royal Family.

They've shown tremendous fortitude and courage, and all they get back from the media and public is hate.

It's probably the hypocrisy of Harry and Meghan that leads to the meanness and hate.

They stepped back to get out of the limelight and media but instead of doing so have used high profile media to get back into the limelight and make money...

Anyhow to be honest I really can't be bothered with it all or them.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 4

There have been some real beauts defending Jeremy Clarkson this morning on the Radio Scotland phone in. 

Brendan O'Neill columnist was as outrageous as usual with his comments IMO.   

So many rent a mouths / shock jocks a gobby men and woman are happy earning their wage the way they do.

This was a year ago. 

But today he continued his attack on the First Minister and how dangerous she is comparison to anything JC has done or said.

2 years ago.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

It's probably the hypocrisy of Harry and Meghan that leads to the meanness and hate.

They stepped back to get out of the limelight and media but instead of doing so have used high profile media to get back into the limelight and make money...

Pretty sure the meanness and hate is stoked by the media which was the whole point of their Netflix series. Maybe watch it for a better understanding? 

Some examples comparing the reporting of Meghan and Kate in the link below. Kate eating an Avocado? Fine. Meghan eating an Avocado? SHE'S KILLING THE PLANET!! I kid you not.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

But you can't be bothered with it all or them so I suspect you won't. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

Just listening to James O'Brien on LBC. Clarkson's column has become the most complained about piece ever in the UK.

And the boss of the press complaints office (I forget the title) was having a cosy chat last night with Rupert Murdoch at his Mayfair apartment. 

23 hours ago, skomaz said:

I get that a lot of people aren't interested in them.

Personally, I'm not interested in figure skating. Guess how much time I devote to reading about and watching figure skating?

People complaining about "attention seeking" Harry & Meghan while giving them attention is silly.

It would be very easy to live a life barely noticing them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was enlightening. 

I think I'll watch the other interview with Anderson Cooper tomorrow. In the closing it was mentioned it'll be on ITV X (what used to be called ITV Player I think) from tomorrow afternoon.

If you though Harry had left details of his life out from his book, you were right as the draft script was double the length at 800pages. It could be construed (rightly or wrongly) that a "Spare Volume 2" could contain these bits that were left out, as Him & Meg have a 3 or 4 book deal, & we know her memoirs are being written now...

Details  here:-

Prince Harry: Family would never forgive me if I told all - BBC News

Full Quote:-

In an interview with the Telegraph's Bryony Gordon - who travelled to California to speak to him - the Duke of Sussex said he was not "trying to collapse the monarchy", but "trying to save them from themselves". Prince Harry said there was information he revealed to his ghostwriter JP Moehringer "for context" but there was "absolutely no way" it could be included in the book.

"It could have been two books, put it that way," he said, adding that the first draft was 800 pages, double the final 400-page manuscript. "And there were other bits that I shared with JR, that I said: 'Look, I'm telling you this for context but there's absolutely no way I'm putting it in there.'" He said it was impossible to tell his story without his family members in it, "because they play such a crucial part in it, and also because you need to understand the characters and personalities of everyone within the book". "But there are some things that have happened, especially between me and my brother, and to some extent between me and my father, that I just don't want the world to know. Because I don't think they would ever forgive me," he said. "Now you could argue that some of the stuff I've put in there, well, they will never forgive me anyway. "But the way I see it is, I'm willing to forgive you for everything you've done, and I wish you'd actually sat down with me, properly, and instead of saying I'm delusional and paranoid, actually sit down and have a proper conversation about this, because what I'd really like is some accountability. And an apology to my wife."

End Quote

• Like 1

Just going through the latest bundle of eBooks that I receive periodically and I've found a copy of Spare.  I would normally keep quiet about such but as it cost me very little I thought it was worth a look-see to see if the noise and hype were in any way real.  I'll let you know as I plough through it.

• Like 1

Clarkson's been dropped by Amazon according to the below after his piece in The S*n a few weeks ago. According to another report he emailed the Sussex's to apologise today. Words have consequences. 

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/16/amazon-cut-ties-with-jeremy-clarkson-after-meghan-markle-column-18109394/

I watched and listened carefully to him today.  Congratulations to him when he becomes a grand father.

So all i could think was, it has taken you long enough to come up with this appearance and guff and it must have been a team of script writers and lawyers and still you come away managing to probably upset people for various reasons.

He was just running off at the mouth. 

PS

Biggest arse was on the telly this morning well 2 actually.  on GMB, with ex MP ex snouter and pillock Ed Balls / presenter and husband of snouter Yvette Cooper MP.

So 

Tom Bower ex presenter, journalist, biographer.  Right up KC3's back end.

An author that very often mis-quotes and misrepresents what people said and he has been accused of lying meaning that books have had to be pulled.

Seemingly the likes of Harry & Megan are in it for the money, unlike him who is just making a living writing and speaking about those in it for the money.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 21.02.01.png

Edited by toot