2021 superb 280

more interesting is, what DSG model it come with
old 280ps - DSG6 DQ250
272ps - DSG7 DQ381
new 280ps - DSG? DQ???, is that new 280ps realy new?

because non EU markets, as example in Russia, haven't seen yet 272ps version

this tread must be merged to

Did the 280ps Superb ever get the DQ381 7-speed DSG?

Apparently the new 280 sports 4 sets of exhaust flaps that allow the playing of a number of tunes that may be selected from the entertainment system !! :o

• Haha 1

It's true. The 280 is back. Below is from the UK site configurator. Only snag is that the L&K isn't what it used to be. I specced the current L&K to match mine & your looking at a £43k car now.

image.thumb.png.3487ffbebcd773c2264e55671e5c6fe3.png

38 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Apparently the new 280 sports 4 sets of exhaust flaps that allow the playing of a number of tunes that may be selected from the entertainment system !! :o

Just like a Top Gear James May thingy:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

It's true. The 280 is back. Below is from the UK site configurator. Only snag is that the L&K isn't what it used to be. I specced the current L&K to match mine & your looking at a £43k car now.

image.thumb.png.3487ffbebcd773c2264e55671e5c6fe3.png

I quite like the black wheels. Mines Black Magic which gives me an idea of perhaps re-finishing my stock Phoenix alloys in black at some point to match the black paint.     

22 hours ago, MartiniB said:

more interesting is, what DSG model it come with
old 280ps - DSG6 DQ250
272ps - DSG7 DQ381
new 280ps - DSG? DQ???, is that new 280ps realy new?

because non EU markets, as example in Russia, haven't seen yet 272ps version

this tread must be merged to

Did the 280ps Superb ever get the DQ381 7-speed DSG?

Almost certainly DQ381 if it's a 7 speeder. 

I think Skoda was reading this forum and decided to save us all from confusion and keep this thread relevant, they went back to a 280...

2 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

if it's a 7 speeder

then yes, BUT

In light of Brexit it can be old DSG6, which is still in use in other non EU countries

Latvian online configurator recently has lost 4x4 for 2.0TSI,
similar were reported about Sweden :(

• Groan 2

The UK will go with WLTP & RDE2 just like the EU and much of Europe regardless of Brexit. 

There are plenty regions / countries in the world & not in the EU that could not care less about the 'Worldwide harmonised Light-duty vehicle test'. As the EU test regime is a joke !

yeah - skoda ireland have dropped all 4x4 configs across the full range and confirmed they wont be offering the 280 superb either. 

I've just checked on the french configurator, the TSI280 is still available in DSG7 4x4. and even 170€ cheaper than the TDI200 DSG7 4x4 :blink: IT used to be the contrary formerly. The TSI280 has always been presented as the flagship among Superb fleet until then!

I've also noticed some meanness in the options list such as : heated rear seats / heated windscreen, which were standard equipment on L&K before FL version...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I just got my 2021 280. My brother has a 2017 280. Most motable differences I found in a week: 6 vs 7 speed, Xenon vs LED, analog vs digital dials, new steering wheel AND, happy to report, the car IS faster. I have a racelogic and timed both cars. Old 280 - 5.7 0-100km/h. New one - 5.3 :) It feels punchier down low, I guess due to the extra torque, and one more thing - It is noticably quieter!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bozhankov said:

I just got my 2021 280. My brother has a 2017 280. Most motable differences I found in a week: 6 vs 7 speed, Xenon vs LED, analog vs digital dials, new steering wheel AND, happy to report, the car IS faster. I have a racelogic and timed both cars. Old 280 - 5.7 0-100km/h. New one - 5.3 :) It feels punchier down low, I guess due to the extra torque, and one more thing - It is noticably quieter!

What about exhaust valves? 

This is very important! 

As much as I like my original 280 with valves, I think I am happy to trade for an extra gear... 

2 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

I think I am happy to trade for an extra gear

just two problems

1. waiting time 6+ months

2. for 280ps no discounts possible, while all others can get 20%,

as result huge lose in aftermarket - start price diff is 30k euros vs 49k :(

3 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

just two problems

1. waiting time 6+ months

2. for 280ps no discounts possible, while all others can get 20%,

as result huge lose in aftermarket - start price diff is 30k euros vs 49k :(

I mean i am happy to give someone my exhaust valves and dq250 in return for just a dq381.... 

Seriously I have no idea why they shortened the gearing of the 280 with 6speeder. I don't like sitting on the highway at 3k rpm.

9 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

^^^

@KeteCantek

oh sorry, my English is far from perfect and Google Translate doesn't help in all cases
in one of posts above i made guess, new 280ps can be old DSG6, but You answered it's a 7

New 280 is only dsg7. I like everything about my old 280 except the short gear ratios. 

Old 280 has dual port+direct injection and no particulate filter which I like. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

What about exhaust valves? 

This is very important! 

As much as I like my original 280 with valves, I think I am happy to trade for an extra gear... 

NO valves.

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1