Skoda yeti alarm system.

Oneshotlpm

Hi hope everyone is ok

Me and my partner are converting the yeti to a mirco camper. We also have a tailgate awning. 

We have a bed which folds out inside the yeti and plan to sleep in the car using the tent for the living space. 

My question is.. The Alarm goes off when motion is detected inside the car, so what happens when I press the button on the B pillar? Would this disable the alarm until the car is unlocked again or is it timed and would it reset?

Could I press the key twice from inside the car? 

The last thing we want is alarm going off in the middle of the night lol

help required. 

Edited by Oneshotlpm

• Administrators

oooh I thought about a yeti as a micro camper, can't help with the alarm, but good luck with it :)

Can you simulate the 'night' while doing some work near the car? ie so you can leave the tailgate open and keep sticking your hand in every now and again?

Page 55 onwards in the attached PDF. You might get away with putting some black insulation tape over the sensor.
Or you could pull the fuse overnight but leave it somewhere prominent so you don't forget to put it back in perhaps?
Remembered the Swiss Roombox for the Roomster and wondered if there was a Yeti version. Found this while looking.
https://www.simplecampervans.com/skoda/
I think this company has gone out of business, sadly.

A-SUV_Yeti_OwnersManual.pdf

Edited by Lee01

The  B pillar button is to disable the interior sensors , i used it when my dog was onboard and left in the car for the 6-9hour channel crossings regularly made. The internal sensors are rearmed with subsequent locking procedures!!

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

Page 55 onwards in the attached PDF. You might get away with putting some black insulation tape over the sensor.
Or you could pull the fuse overnight but leave it somewhere prominent so you don't forget to put it back in perhaps?
Remembered the Swiss Roombox for the Roomster and wondered if there was a Yeti version. Found this while looking.
https://www.simplecampervans.com/skoda/
I think this company has gone out of business, sadly.

A-SUV_Yeti_OwnersManual.pdf 27.58 MB · 0 downloads

Hi yeah I need some good options! I've looked at those they are amazing but very very expensive. I'm buidng my own :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frenchtone said:

The  B pillar button is to disable the interior sensors , i used it when my dog was onboard and left in the car for the 6-9hour channel crossings regularly made. The internal sensors are rearmed with subsequent locking procedures!!

Thats interesting.. So aslong as you don't lock or unlock the car it won't reset and arm itself? 

If we need the toilet in the night we have to remember to press the button lol. Is it possible to remove the fuse? 

27 minutes ago, Oneshotlpm said:

If we need the toilet in the night we have to remember to press the button lol. Is it possible to remove the fuse? 

If leaving the car with someone in, the same effect can be had by pressing the lock button twice within 2 seconds.

• Like 1

Hi

You might be interested to know that the small courtesy light in the boot area (the one that comes on when the tailgate is lifted) will switch itself off if the tailgate is left open for an extended period.  Presumably this is to avoid flattening the battery, though that would take a very long time.  Next time you shut the tailgate it resets itself.

It does when the ignition is off but not when its on, it might not sound like a problem but I have fitted additional LED string lights to illuminate the cargo area and a pair of them are on the rear pillars to shine down on any high contents or the parcel shelf in its lower position.

I frequently carry longer loads, building materials etc with the tailgate partially open, these lights were causing me a problem driving after dusk, all it needs to overcome it is to manually close the bootlatch with a screwdriver or similar remembering that it has 2 latch positions, it could be a usefull tip for those people who will sleep in their car with a tailgate open into an awning tent.

Thanks for the information. We will be closing the tailgate on a night so they car will be locked. 

I basically want to lock the car and deactivate the alrsm so it doesn't go off with us moving in our sleep lol

3 hours ago, Oneshotlpm said:

I basically want to lock the car and deactivate the alrsm so it doesn't go off with us moving in our sleep lol

3 methods to lock car with interior detection disabled.

1 - Lock using switch between the front seats behind gearstick.
2 - Lock using 2 presses on the fob within 2 seconds.
3 - Loch on fob after pressing switch at bottom of drivers "B "post.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 17/03/2021 at 14:25, Urrell said:

3 methods to lock car with interior detection disabled.

1 - Lock using switch between the front seats behind gearstick.
2 - Lock using 2 presses on the fob within 2 seconds.
3 - Loch on fob after pressing switch at bottom of drivers "B "post.

Hi completely forgot about this. We are away camping right now lol

So if I press the lock button twice within two seconds this disables the alarm and interior sensors? 

Much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Oneshotlpm said:

o if I press the lock button twice within two seconds this disables the alarm and interior sensors?

The alarm will still go off if a door is opened.