Does this car have Smart Light Assist

I've been looking at buying an S3 L&K estate and hoping to find one with SLA. The photo is from a car I'm looking at but having only recently discovered that SLA is only a £100 option on the L&K it would be nice to have.

Looking at the headlight with lights on it was difficult with bright sunlight and reflections to tell whether the "eyelashes" lit up or whether they were just chromed. Any opinion appreciated. It's a 2017 67 reg.

Also is there any way tell from the reg what was the spec from the factory.

20210324_130428.jpg

You’ll have to check in dim light or in the settings for it as it’s impossible to tell from an external photo in the day, the lights look the same.

4 hours ago, Peterarthur said:

I am not sure , the one I have is the 20/21 model sel which does have as standard head light assist.

l and k I would think does.

Pete

As above, it’s a £100 option on the L&K up to the facelift when DLA became standard on the SE-L and above with Matrix LED. SLA is for the Xenons, it works slightly differently.

• Like 1

Best way to check on pre-facelift is by checking the part number on the sticker on the headlight.  

If it ends in B, the U have SLA.

If u have SLA, by default, the stripes/whiskers/eye-lashes light up when the low beams r turned on.

I enabled mine to turn on with the DRLs.

Like this.....

140417148_SLAeyelashes01.thumb.jpg.318c7cad78aebd67b2e210a9b5fff352.jpg

Headlight Sticker.  Part no. starts with 3V.....

IMAG5578.thumb.jpg.6d1a3c0e017d76e59529699e517d9135.jpg

Normal with low beams on.....

1628943643_images(5)3.jpeg.96639fe4cecca63e3686f9e9006bbb88.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ashfan said:

Also is there any way tell from the reg what was the spec from the factory.

Erwin Skoda will tell u exactly wat the car was built with from factory, based on the VIN.

its an 8-pg build report with all the PR codes.

56 minutes ago, ashfan said:

looking at that it's obvious that the car I'm looking at doesn't have SLA which is a shame

I think more people don’t have it as they didn’t appreciate what it was - or it’s value in having it?

The same thing occurred to me when I bought my first VRS - without speccing the £125 Maxidot! :sadsmile:

Thanks John. I love my gadgets so when I heard about SLA, from a thread here I had to Google it to find out what it was, I don't understand a lot of the current abbreviations. I decided I would like it on my next car. The trouble is the car I'm looking at is at a local dealer who I know sells good reliable cars, he has a constant turnover of such cars and has a lot of 5 star reviews, so it has got me wondering should I let this car go for the sake of SLA. I know other cars will come along but this car ticks all of the boxes (until SLA came along and threw a spanner in the works), one of which is the fact that its a 2.0tsi. My previous 5 cars have been diesels and like most these days I'm not doing the mileage so I might need to start another thread, just to keep on topic, to ask what I need to look out for, if anything, with the tsi engine.

Thanks JR RS for the advice about Erwin, I'll check it out

• Like 1

You’ll be able to activate basic High Beam Assist if it’s not already active if that helps at all. If you have the budget or can wait, I’d really recommend a facelift as that has Matrix LED’s with Dynamic Light Assist as standard from SE-L and above and it’s amazing!! I have it on my SL+ and it’s absolutely awesome.

20 hours ago, JR RS said:

Best way to check on pre-facelift is by checking the part number on the sticker on the headlight.  

If it ends in B, the U have SLA.

If u have SLA, by default, the stripes/whiskers/eye-lashes light up when the low beams r turned on.

I enabled mine to turn on with the DRLs.

Like this.....

140417148_SLAeyelashes01.thumb.jpg.318c7cad78aebd67b2e210a9b5fff352.jpg

Headlight Sticker.  Part no. starts with 3V.....

IMAG5578.thumb.jpg.6d1a3c0e017d76e59529699e517d9135.jpg

Normal with low beams on.....

1628943643_images(5)3.jpeg.96639fe4cecca63e3686f9e9006bbb88.jpeg

What was the long vofing for that? The obd11 easy way doesn’t work on 21MY 

Thanks Sasha, you must have read my mind. I'm going to hang on a bit longer to see if anything else comes up, I'm sure the right one will. Once I'd made up my mind to change my S2 for an S3, and a suitable car came up locally, I think I jumped in too soon. As well as that I find out there could be more toys (SLA) that could have been specced (is that a word?) at initial purchase and for not much money.

Now you tell me I could have Matrix LED's with Dynamic Light Assist. My S3 experience will have to wait.

• Like 1

I waited 9 months from mentally checking out of my Octy before actually collecting a Superb but I’m so glad I did as I never could have afforded a facelift car then. As well as the matrix lights you also get more standard equipment across the board, so you now get KESSY on the rear doors too, scrolling rear indicators, lighting animations, all LED interior lighting including the footwells and door bins (though I am swapping them out for RGB a la Audi to match the dash and door strips), L&K spec has increased to include the virtual cockpit as standard and heated + ventilated massage seats and heated steering wheel as standard as well. You also get the SportLine front bumper and rear diffuser so the facelift L&K has taken what was a really solid spec and made it a killer spec. I love my SportLine Plus though and would definitely recommend one now the spec has improved over the PFL - always thought it was missing a few essential things for a car of this price with the PFL.

5D3F7DD8-2336-40D8-A49C-605DEFD0CA69.thumb.jpeg.9695ba21411a82dcda18e82a77578807.jpeg

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 1

Blimey with all those extra toys, even if I waited nine months, I don't think a face lift L&K or even a sport line plus will have dropped to a price I can afford. Having said that, when was the face-lift introduced? 

Edited by ashfan
  • Like 1

End of 2019. I paid £25,500 for this one 2 weeks ago for reference. First SE-L models are dropping below £20k and the SportLine Plus’ are getting there too but they have a wee bit less kit than the L&K and have the smaller 1.5 TSi so those are a bit cheaper anyway. The hatch is available for a lot less than an estate as well, the delta appears to be growing.

• Like 1

Mine has about £4500 in options as well so it was a £39,991 car when ordered so even then and with 6500 miles they are a decent price as a nearly new at the moment. You’ll not pay much less for a much older one at the moment. There are plenty of 17 plate ones up for £17-18k still 😬

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Warkman said:

What was the long vofing for that? The obd11 easy way doesn’t work on 21MY 

codings for pre-facelift will NOT work on facelift.

sorry.

the modules/adaptations have changed across the board with the facelift model.

On 25/03/2021 at 10:27, JR RS said:

Erwin Skoda will tell u exactly wat the car was built with from factory, based on the VIN.

Hi John,

What report on Erwin provides the build report you refer to. None I see so far ask me for the VIN?

On 25/03/2021 at 10:27, JR RS said:

Hi John,

What report on Erwin provides the build report you refer to. None I see so far ask me for the VIN?

This is what I see and I can't see where I register a VIN?

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 6.04.59 pm.png

3 hours ago, GWCTas said:

Hi John,

This is what I see and I can't see where I register a VIN?

U need to purchase a "flat rate", then u'll b able to access a variety of info based on ur VIN.

I bought a 1 hr flat rate (costs 7 euro), got all the repair/workshop manuals I needed, and the vehicle specific information.

Erwin Skoda page of where u purchase the flat rates:-

684882881_Screenshot_20210326-2119392.thumb.png.3bbd449cf353f8b3e11ddcb81bd6c9d7.png

First page of my vehicle specific info report:-

763517100_Screenshot_20210326-2113432.thumb.png.271f9ffc9842fce803fb25d1a8e41623.png

Thanks John. I saw that page but didn’t commit as I hadn’t entered a VIN. I can now see that is entered after paying. Which I will do. 
Cheers

@JR RS I downloaded manuals and vehicle data. I did however notice this on a number of downloads. I assume that means the manual did not match my VIN? I also  could not find any maintenance history, should there be?

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 4.27.34 pm.png