Delivery lead-time

Ianhudson

On 26/07/2021 at 22:25, HWMBO - Mark said:

Just ordered (the very popular) Race Blue 60 Suite model with a fair few extra bits, not gone mad though.

Delivery date of 31/12/21. Seems about right looking at others lead times. My last Octavia took 5 months so I'm cool with that. 

Congrats! Did they make you sign the waiver? Our dealer said he expected ours to be around min-Nov, but the waiver we signed said no date will be given and on the order form it says 31/12/21 which I assume is the current equivalent to 'no date'.

On 10/07/2021 at 07:16, Nicky_P said:

We've just been told ours is build week 34, not too long to wait I suppose. 

Just been told our build is locked in with expected delivery second week in September. Need to organise pod point and octopus energy pronto.....

As an aside I'm weirdly nervous about the change to electric, mentally calculating common journeys against range, sure it'll wear off once we get into the swing of things.

My ordering timeline if it helps:

Ordered Enyaq iV 60 on 17th June 2021 in Wales UK.

Options and packs that I included were Lodge interior, Metallic paint (Arctic Silver), 19” Regulus Anthracite alloys, Heat Pump for battery, 100W DC charging, Parking Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light & View Package Basic and Panoramic Sunroof. Total cost including delivery (Excluding VAT and minus the the UK Gov EV grant and a little dealer discount that I negotiated) was £30,362.

I have been notified that the car has now completed its build and is on the way to the port. I have been notified by my dealer that it will be available for collecting it in the first week of September.

6 hours ago, Rudesing said:

Well that's interesting. I ordered my iV80 a couple of days before that, but seemingly it is stuck in production still rather than on its way to the port. 

Probably needs one of these mythical chips that they are short of. No idea what the chips are actually for - seems some cars are being complete without the need for them.

1 minute ago, Helipilot said:

I ordered my iV60 on 26th June, and as of yesterday there is no news on build date.

That's not good, we ordered on 20th July and were hoping to have a build date soon, but realise now they are in shutdown for 2 weeks (maybe 3) so not expecting it any time soon, even though dealer seems to think we should hear soon. 

22 hours ago, Rumney said:

My ordering timeline if it helps:

Ordered Enyaq iV 60 on 17th June 2021 in Wales UK.

Options and packs that I included were Lodge interior, Metallic paint (Arctic Silver), 19” Regulus Anthracite alloys, Heat Pump for battery, 100W DC charging, Parking Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Light & View Package Basic and Panoramic Sunroof. Total cost including delivery (Excluding VAT and minus the the UK Gov EV grant and a little dealer discount that I negotiated) was £30,362.

I have been notified that the car has now completed its build and is on the way to the port. I have been notified by my dealer that it will be available for collecting it in the first week of September.

Ordered ours a week after you ordered yours and ours is due the week after yours so fingers crossed we'll both have our cars on time.

On 29/07/2021 at 10:20, Xtopher said:

Congrats! Did they make you sign the waiver? Our dealer said he expected ours to be around min-Nov, but the waiver we signed said no date will be given and on the order form it says 31/12/21 which I assume is the current equivalent to 'no date'.

Hi, no I didn't have to sign a waiver or anything like that but my order form says the same (31/12/2021). The dealer was open about being realistic it could slip into 2022. It is what it is, can't do anything about it....

iV 60 ordered at the end of June and got the following news from the dealer:

The system is currently showing a build week of 36. This means it will be built week commencing the 6th September then will take around 4 weeks to arrive at the dealership.

Now just need to get my home charging wall box sorted. Rather annoying that most installers insist on an isolation switch being added by the electricity supplier into the meter box. According to an electrician friend, this is just to make the installation quicker and lower cost for the wall box installers. My consumer unit is right up to date and includes the isolation switches there, but often the wall box installers want to avoid touching customers consumer units.

Having the isolation switch in the meter box means that anyone can just walk up and turn off your supply without a key to your home..... When people are away on holiday (remember those!), they tend to rely on RING door bells, Wifi and home alarms. Not great if the power is turned off all week....

Edited by Cotswold

On 29/07/2021 at 10:20, Xtopher said:

Why have a no date, when they could simply have a later date like 28th February.   Surely their software can manage dates beyond 31st December (why invent millennium bug 2)

And why pick a working Friday, or better still why not be real with estimated dates.  Similar thing in Octavia forum, but at least some people have 35 week indications (March 2022), so why can’t the Enyaq be given realistic date as well, instead of a pointless date.

If you are spending £30-40k then a dealer who cannot be bothered to spend couple of minutes enquiring about latest date really doesn’t deserve your business in my view.

Edited by SurreyJohn

Back when VW cancelled / suspended orders for the Golf GTE they said it was because the waiting list had gone over 6 months, which they had but then they did discontinue building them before 6 months had past.  Happened in 2016, and again in 2018.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/orders-suspended-volkswagen-golf-gte

The truth with Skoda ordering and build dates is they are back to the 'Black hole' system and really they have no certainty would the future holds for them not only with chips but with the supply of batteries. 

They want cars still to be ordered it looks like and people to just wait as other manufacturers are in a no better state than them.

They are not giving dates as they have no idea at the moment which cars can and cant be built by the sounds of it. Last time I spoke to our dealer he said he'd had some Enyaq's turn up early, while others still have no build date. What he does know is that they're now being told to quote 30+ weeks for nearly all other models other than Enyaq's, but everyone is made to sign the waiver from Skoda UK to say they will not give a date. It appears production of Enyaq is continuing but getting your car in reasonable time is highly dependant on getting the right chips it requires. Some builds appear to be coming through ok, others getting delayed by random amounts of time. I've also seen reports that the factory shutdown (wk 31/32?) was extended to start early by a few days and will also be ending a week later. 

On 10/08/2021 at 13:36, Ianhudson said:

my enyaq was ordered 7th July with an anticipated date of 01/11/21 to me however last week that got pushed back to a date of 31/01/22. hopefully it'll be improved on as my current car goes back 19/01/22! 

Was that for iV60 or iV80 model and did you choose a lot of options?

17 hours ago, Cotswold said:

Was that for iV60 or iV80 model and did you choose a lot of options?

it was for the iV60, energy blue, suite interior, climate pack plus, chrome pack, drive sport pack, assisted drive pack, parking pack and 20" wheels - not too many options :D

11 hours ago, Helipilot said:

In an earlier post I said I had ordered my Enyaq on the 26 June and had no build date. It was in fact ordered on the 16th and I still have no information.

We ordered after you and have a locked in build date of week 34,  It seems to be a lottery at the moment of who gets what and when unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Helipilot said:

In an earlier post I said I had ordered my Enyaq on the 26 June and had no build date. It was in fact ordered on the 16th and I still have no information.

That seems quite a while ago that you ordered and not have a confirmed build date. Car was only just hitting the showrooms around the 16th June so it would have been before the rush of orders. You can call skoda customer services rather than your dealer and get them to check - they are very helpful. Something not right. I ordered mine 22nd June and due to be built next week. 

I ordered my 60 on the 19 June,

Energy blue

panoramic sunroof

climate package plus

100kW charging

about 2 weeks later, I got confirmed build week 36, and tried to add some more options - sales guy said it was too late, as it was likely it would be pulled forward. 9/7 I was told indeed, 2 weeks earlier, and that was confirmed again today, still on for week 34.

Hypervolt charger is getting installed on Monday, so all prepared

Hopefully Christmas will come early 😉